Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-03-2015, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2015 05:50 PM by Lienda Bella.)
RE: Ranting corner
Popularity and the Cliques

Once upon a time, there was a Christian named Ellen who didn't have a lot of friends. She had a close one until someone told the friend that she had been employed somehow by her perverted attacker. It wasn't true, but she used the phone number friend had given her over and over, only to be told things like "go find a man," "she's out with her friends/boyfriend/at work," and "If you really care, you'll stop calling!" Mrs. Goose had said this and not the friend.

This tough loss gave Ellen a kick in the tailbone. Clearly, friendship was about giving so you could get something from them. Ellen's supposed shyness was considered offensive and stupid or smug for the shyness, so it was normal for her relatives to speak for her or socialize instead of her. She had a gap in social ability, which was obvious after about 10 minutes to several hours. It ran in her family, this thing. Then she went to a forum site called Delphi, and met an acquaintance friend who called it Hellphi.

It was sooooo useful and educating to read all the little stories. Ellen learned a lot from it. But then, the popular kids started to be mean. They would judge a post, sometimes misunderstand, and then launch their key-board claws. Every year, Ellen would fight so very hard to be understood by the willfully ignorant who were sure of themselves. Eventually, she had to leave, because there was just too much aggression. (It got worse the next time!)

She then went to a place that had "for freedom" in it's spectrum title. The same thing repeated. Peaceful posting, and then the comfy ones started to do the same thing. This time, they targeted a fellow named Thomas. A group of three to five harassed Thomas right and left through the forums, warped much of his content, hijacked threads and make it all about vaccines. Ellen didn't like this, and two of them got pissy and wrote down to her, with some other members telling her to basically shut up and stop whining because "that's not happening here."

One day, they all went into a thread that Thomas had posted a sympathetic reply to an original poster who dealt with a legitimate distress. They flamed Thomas away with no regards to the OP's feelings. That pissed off Ellen, so she brought it up. The three decided to attack Ellen with ugly posts. Ellen eventually left after being bothered by said 3-5 LOSERS!

(The next one was worse than that!) Ellen was already so very tired of hate, but she went into W.P. As usual, things were great for a while, but every thread she would post where she felt like a freak, or a special, about 1 in four would come along and basically tell Ellen to shut her oh so bitchy mouth. If she didn't like it, his or her friends would come into the same thread, call Ellen a bitch and preach to her how to have manners!

A thread was posted about Bisexuals with the intent to label them all "unfaithful deviants who like to hurt others by lying about monogamy." (Basically was his point, and nobody gave a dam!) Ellen was very pissed off by that bigotry, and reported it five times. The mods of the site took part rather than locking it for years... and years! When she mentioned the fact that it was discriminant she was told basically "Chill out!" and pretty much called a hot headed bitch!

Later on, a user got irrationally offended about a question and decided to bully the person who asked her "So. Whacha doing here? What happened to that other forum that you help people in?" The angry one called her a rapist over and over, and then attacked Ellen and a guy named range. Ellen was very, very mad at this person, but kept it civil as she could. Then troll's little friend came in. Ellen sent troll2 a private message saying "Uhm. Did you happen to notice that (troll1) just attacked the three of us? Not the other way around?" Troll2 put this "DON'T YOU EVER HARASS AND THREATEN ME IN PM AGAIN, OR I'LL HAVE YOU REPORTED!!!!!!!"

Ellen was furious being abused in this manner, and sent back "FUCK YOU! I didn't do anything of the kind, you coward!" Troll2 copied and pasted this to the thread and LIED AND LIED AND LIED to the many members around the forum after that! Ellen could not send a private message even ONCE to anybody at all without thinking that, one more time and as usual, a moderator would come and ask her why she's harassing and mistreating so and so. Yes. That would include to much as a fucking "hello!"
Angry

EVERYONE, including the very person Ellen had defended believed Troll2 and asked her why she was being an ass hole. (In the same thread!) JUST LIKE OFFLINE! Always the one to blame some how or other. Every thread she would type in a forum called the "haven" 1 out of four would tell her she was a whiny bitch who needed to shut her mouth or grow up.

She made one friend from the entire community. It started to seem like the majority really, really hated her there, as far as she was concerned. Then one day she posted how she hoped a mass murderer would get his mouth beat out while behind jail. The popular perverts there dog piled and AHAH, Ellen the target practice! They called her a sexist, rape advocate who drooled with lust over the gunman. (basically! Angry) Ellen had to fight very hard for nothing yet again. They continued being publicly and willfully ignorant as they mocked and hated. One of the moderators then wrote that Ellen shouldn't promote rapists, and locked the thread. Bisexual bashing? NEVER LOCKED EVER!

So, all that was left was a gaming forum for a popular game online. She queued for a dungeon, and was playing a black Dwarf. The portal failed, and she informed the group. The group shot back racial slurs, lols and insults. Ellen posted this into a thread to bring to light that the portal could be bugged and that it happened to wound up in her receiving racial slurs. A user names Laranell posted something extremely bitchy to Ellen, and other characters did the same! Later on, a cowardly little user posted a "private message" in a thread to flame wall Ellen, so he could act how he wanted to everyone else. Ellen then took loads of abuse on her blue mage main. Mostly in dungeons it happened. She more often saw others being verbally attacked than her, and usually with no justification. That pissed off Ellen good, because she was already very tired of seeing hatred and perfectionist double standards!

She played a red dragon expansion for a short while, but just couldn't take anymore of the shunning and horrible attitude of the majority there. She remembered a time when she was in a raid, and three people could invite and kick. For some reason, she was made one of the three, but didn't do any of this. One was kicked out and invited back in repeatedly, and then started to be verbally horrible to Ellen. "GO EAT @#%, YOU $#%!!" he sent after a long session of slander! Ellen had done nothing but tell the button happy kickmeister to stop doing it. Eventually, the raid ran in and wiped. That really burned Ellen and she simply couldn't take it one... more.. minute! She didn't log in for endless abuse, being alone and being hated all the time. She logged to play! And she could play to! Her mage was better than her beast master had been, for certain. All the raid gear, and they just wouldn't stop giving Ellen advice like she was a moron or something.

So then she figured... "Ok. One more site...."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2015, 05:28 PM
What the fuck is it with all the emails and Facebook invites to essential oil classes by stay at home moms? Someone is about to get unfriended and blocked on my email.

If I wanted my house to smell like cheap apples or spearmint or what the fuck ever else, I'd go to Bath and Body Works and buy a damn candle.

Come to think of it, I'm gonna go unfriend her right now. I could care less about her ugly baby pics. And then I'll go walk into work, where I don't peddle shit no one fucking needs.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
10-03-2015, 05:39 PM
(10-03-2015 05:28 PM)Nurse Wrote:  What the fuck is it with all the emails and Facebook invites to essential oil classes by stay at home moms? Someone is about to get unfriended and blocked on my email.

If I wanted my house to smell like cheap apples or spearmint or what the fuck ever else, I'd go to Bath and Body Works and buy a damn candle.

Come to think of it, I'm gonna go unfriend her right now. I could care less about her ugly baby pics. And then I'll go walk into work, where I don't peddle shit no one fucking needs.

I can't always pretend! Some do look like little gargoyles! Undecided
"Isn't duh baby so cuuuuuute?"
"Uhh... hey look! A beer commercial!"

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
10-03-2015, 05:44 PM
(10-03-2015 05:28 PM)Nurse Wrote:  What the fuck is it with all the emails and Facebook invites to essential oil classes by stay at home moms? Someone is about to get unfriended and blocked on my email.

I hate that!!! It's like, as soon as you become a mom you're required to join a girly pyramid scheme. It's all over my frickin facebook! Hobo makeup, jewelry, fancy mascara, scentsy, oils, slimming body wraps. Leave me alone, I don't want to buy your crap!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
10-03-2015, 05:56 PM
(10-03-2015 05:44 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I hate that!!! It's like, as soon as you become a mom you're required to join a girly pyramid scheme.

Consider I'd like to know more about Girly's pyramid scheme! [Image: money-pile-smiley-emoticon.gif]

[+] 5 users Like TheGulegon's post
11-03-2015, 08:30 AM
(08-03-2015 04:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 08:22 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  That friend of another female friend who focuses all of her time trying to get male attention. Ffs it gets old and just looks desperate.

Dodgy

You call your friends "it" ? Tongue

Lol it as in the behavior. Smartass Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
11-03-2015, 08:32 AM
(10-03-2015 05:44 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  

I hate that!!! It's like, as soon as you become a mom you're required to join a girly pyramid scheme. It's all over my frickin facebook! Hobo makeup, jewelry, fancy mascara, scentsy, oils, slimming body wraps. Leave me alone, I don't want to buy your crap!

I haven't joined anything like that. I've become obsessed with making stuff though. Just finished a spring wreath for my door.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
11-03-2015, 02:49 PM
My boss has just made a critical mistake.
In my latest paycheck he has not paid me my second wage for the times I did security and he hasn't paid me for the time I worked after 1am.
He hasn't paid the others for the work they did after 1am but he had been paying me until this latest paycheck.
I'm getting pretty pissed off with this job as is, I think that this has just taken the cake and gone a step too far.
I will be having words. It's simple, pay me for the work I do after 1am or I don't work after 1am. And pay me my security wage or I don't work security. If they only want to pay me for 8hours of stocking shelves, than that is all I will do. I will not be bullied and I will not be treated like a slave and taken advantaged of. Nobody comes between me and my fucking money.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
11-03-2015, 02:56 PM
(11-03-2015 08:32 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 05:44 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I hate that!!! It's like, as soon as you become a mom you're required to join a girly pyramid scheme. It's all over my frickin facebook! Hobo makeup, jewelry, fancy mascara, scentsy, oils, slimming body wraps. Leave me alone, I don't want to buy your crap!

I haven't joined anything like that. I've become obsessed with making stuff though. Just finished a spring wreath for my door.

Just say no to scentsy. Just say no. Tongue

Smerc, you left out monogrammed handbags - "look, it also functions as a lunch bag for work or the beach!"

Apparently I'm one of almost 400 that she emailed, way to give out my email address to a bunch of strangers. 383 people were invited on Facebook. Dodgy

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
11-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Shit. I had a brilliant rant I thought of while driving...
Now I can't remember what it was. Facepalm

So now I'm ranting about forgetting a rant.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post