Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-03-2015, 02:35 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Every morning at 0315 the charting system goes down. 0315 is when I'm usually caught up enough to finally sit my ass down and chart my big assess for each patient. And then I fucking can't. They should make it go down at 0500 when I'm busy with my patients again that finally got to sleep at 0300 and are back the fuck awake again.

And...AND...if my help all and charge nurse for tonight weren't lazy as fuck and would get off their asses and do some goddamn work when asked for help, I'd have finished my charting before now anyway. But no. We instead have pain in the ass pumps that took me over a FUCKING HOUR to stop beeping air in line before I finally gave up and hung a bag of cellcept via counting drips...cause that's safe. I hate olaris pumps. If there were a hell, there would be a special place reserved just for the biomedical engineer that created the tubing - I mean seriously, what the fuck?! No one that designed that tubing ever had to actually fuckig use it. Dipshits.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
12-03-2015, 06:10 AM
(12-03-2015 02:35 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Every morning at 0315 the charting system goes down. 0315 is when I'm usually caught up enough to finally sit my ass down and chart my big assess for each patient. And then I fucking can't. They should make it go down at 0500 when I'm busy with my patients again that finally got to sleep at 0300 and are back the fuck awake again.

And...AND...if my help all and charge nurse for tonight weren't lazy as fuck and would get off their asses and do some goddamn work when asked for help, I'd have finished my charting before now anyway. But no. We instead have pain in the ass pumps that took me over a FUCKING HOUR to stop beeping air in line before I finally gave up and hung a bag of cellcept via counting drips...cause that's safe. I hate olaris pumps. If there were a hell, there would be a special place reserved just for the biomedical engineer that created the tubing - I mean seriously, what the fuck?! No one that designed that tubing ever had to actually fuckig use it. Dipshits.

*offers nurse a snickers bar*
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
12-03-2015, 07:44 AM
Around 0400 I got invited to go have beer breakfast (yay!) with a few of the nurses , but we hadn't yet decided on a restaurant. At shift change my patient decided to become psychotic (probably steroid induced), mom herself wasn't all there and believed her delusional daughter that I called her a druggie and cut off her pain pump and wanted me fired (wtf? even if she were a "druggie" that's a word I would NEVER use to describe someone...especially not a patient. And I wouldn't give a flying fuck if she did have a hx of drug abuse, it would help me remember she would need higher doses for pain control for her VERY painful procedure). So, all that needless drama caused me to clock out late and I have no idea where they went. Meaning, I didn't get to go have breakfast.

I hate being in the out group - living out of town and married with a kid initially kept me from being invited out, now...it's cause no one really knows me and I missed the boat.
(Getting drunk and hooking up with one of the male nurse's friends probably didn't help, either. There's a reason I never drink liquor when I go out...I make an ass of myself). I haven't been in the out group since I was in middle school. I'm well aware it's difficult to overcome first impressions - and I have no idea what happened last summer for it to be a negative one.

I just want to go home. One of the bitches I work with had the audacity to "Bye, Felicia" me about a month ago - meaning she couldn't care less about me and that I'm not important enough for her to learn my name. What a bitch. I hope she gets vag herpes.

And I've gotten to hear my past 6 shifts all about their plans for this Saturday, getting tickets, etc. Guess who's NOT invited.

I wouldn't even fucking care, but goddamn it's lonely.

Fuck perseverance. For once I want to be enjoying life. I think it's time I apply to hospitals close to home and turn in my resignation.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
12-03-2015, 07:50 AM
(12-03-2015 07:44 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Around 0400 I got invited to go have beer breakfast (yay!) with a few of the nurses , but we hadn't yet decided on a restaurant. At shift change my patient decided to become psychotic (probably steroid induced), mom herself wasn't all there and believed her delusional daughter that I called her a druggie and cut off her pain pump and wanted me fired (wtf? even if she were a "druggie" that's a word I would NEVER use to describe someone...especially not a patient. And I wouldn't give a flying fuck if she did have a hx of drug abuse, it would help me remember she would need higher doses for pain control for her VERY painful procedure). So, all that needless drama caused me to clock out late and I have no idea where they went. Meaning, I didn't get to go have breakfast.

I hate being in the out group - living out of town and married with a kid initially kept me from being invited out, now...it's cause no one really knows me and I missed the boat.
(Getting drunk and hooking up with one of the male nurse's friends probably didn't help, either. There's a reason I never drink liquor when I go out...I make an ass of myself). I haven't been in the out group since I was in middle school. I'm well aware it's difficult to overcome first impressions - and I have no idea what happened last summer for it to be a negative one.

I just want to go home. One of the bitches I work with had the audacity to "Bye, Felicia" me about a month ago - meaning she couldn't care less about me and that I'm not important enough for her to learn my name. What a bitch. I hope she gets vag herpes.

And I've gotten to hear my past 6 shifts all about their plans for this Saturday, getting tickets, etc. Guess who's NOT invited.

Fuck perseverance. For once I want to be enjoying life. I think it's time I apply to hospitals close to home and turn in my resignation.

*offers Nurse an invitation for drinking beer*

Just not for breakfast

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
12-03-2015, 08:39 AM
(12-03-2015 07:44 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Around 0400 I got invited to go have beer breakfast (yay!) with a few of the nurses , but we hadn't yet decided on a restaurant. At shift change my patient decided to become psychotic (probably steroid induced), mom herself wasn't all there and believed her delusional daughter that I called her a druggie and cut off her pain pump and wanted me fired (wtf? even if she were a "druggie" that's a word I would NEVER use to describe someone...especially not a patient. And I wouldn't give a flying fuck if she did have a hx of drug abuse, it would help me remember she would need higher doses for pain control for her VERY painful procedure). So, all that needless drama caused me to clock out late and I have no idea where they went. Meaning, I didn't get to go have breakfast.

I've never been part of an "In" crowd. (Apparently being an opinionated, chubby fantasy geek loving hobbit who doesnt believe in god, and would rather play video games doesn't win you a lot of cool points. Especially with other women ..go figure. ) I've spent some time being lonely.

Since becoming a stay at home mom I don't even have my moron coworkers to talk to anymore.

Anyway, totally understand.
12-03-2015, 05:21 PM
You know why i am here and you would know what i ranting about (女友達 でありませn)  デ

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
12-03-2015, 05:43 PM
(12-03-2015 08:39 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've never been part of an "In" crowd. (Apparently being an opinionated, chubby fantasy geek loving hobbit who doesnt believe in god, and would rather play video games doesn't win you a lot of cool points. Especially with other women ..go figure. )

That'd totally win points with me. It's exactly the company I enjoy when hanging out with friends. Big Grin

We should start an "out" group because it's evident we're the coolest ones anyways. Tongue

Nerd and proud!

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
12-03-2015, 06:58 PM
(12-03-2015 08:39 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  

I've never been part of an "In" crowd. (Apparently being an opinionated, chubby fantasy geek loving hobbit who doesnt believe in god, and would rather play video games doesn't win you a lot of cool points. Especially with other women ..go figure. ) I've spent some time being lonely.

Since becoming a stay at home mom I don't even have my moron coworkers to talk to anymore.

Anyway, totally understand.

Yeah, what the heck is an "in" group anyway? Tongue I've never been in one.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
12-03-2015, 07:26 PM
(12-03-2015 05:43 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 08:39 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've never been part of an "In" crowd. (Apparently being an opinionated, chubby fantasy geek loving hobbit who doesnt believe in god, and would rather play video games doesn't win you a lot of cool points. Especially with other women ..go figure. )

That'd totally win points with me. It's exactly the company I enjoy when hanging out with friends. Big Grin

We should start an "out" group because it's evident we're the coolest ones anyways. Tongue

Nerd and proud!

The out crowd! Let's do this!
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
12-03-2015, 07:28 PM
I fucking hate me sometimes, and now is one of those times. Long story short, I need to pass a maths competency quiz in order to not automatically fail several of my classes this year. However, your average Year 5 is more competent that I am. Even the most 'rudimentary' practise questions are fucking above me, so I guess that's my next three years out the fucking window since apparently I'm too stupid to be able to grasp anything greater than 'x + 3=5'...
Then again, I only got in on fucking 'you went to a school on the lower end of the socio-economic scale, so here have some bonus points' charity, so it's not like I should be in anyway.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.