Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-03-2015, 07:31 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(12-03-2015 07:28 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I fucking hate me sometimes, and now is one of those times. Long story short, I need to pass a maths competency quiz in order to not automatically fail several of my classes this year. However, your average Year 5 is more competent that I am. Even the most 'rudimentary' practise questions are fucking above me, so I guess that's my next three years out the fucking window since apparently I'm too stupid to be able to grasp how anything greater than 'x + 3=5'...
Keep at it. I was able to finally get enough Algebra squeezed into my brain to be able to get my degree. It was the most work and the most stressful thing I had to get through. But if I can do it...you surely can!

Keep at it. Eventually enough of it will click to get you over that hurdle.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2015, 07:47 PM
What does this say about me?

I've been binge watching Downton Abbey on amazon. Earlier this week, I ordered some silver polish. It was delivered yesterday. Today, I'm watching Downton Abbey and polishing the silver having a lovely time while dinner bubbled on the stove.

Then I looked up and saw the servants on the show polishing silver.

Think my subconscious is trying to tell me something. Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-03-2015, 07:58 PM
(12-03-2015 07:28 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I fucking hate me sometimes, and now is one of those times. Long story short, I need to pass a maths competency quiz in order to not automatically fail several of my classes this year. However, your average Year 5 is more competent that I am. Even the most 'rudimentary' practise questions are fucking above me, so I guess that's my next three years out the fucking window since apparently I'm too stupid to be able to grasp anything greater than 'x + 3=5'...
Then again, I only got in on fucking 'you went to a school on the lower end of the socio-economic scale, so here have some bonus points' charity, so it's not like I should be in anyway.

Khan Academy. For realz. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Free Thought, you might try going to the Khan Academy on the internet to learn math. It's free, the lessons are short, and the guy who teaches them is good. It's been 50 years [almost] since I did anything in physics [I was a lawyer in the interim] and when I retired I got interested in physics again. Problem was I didn't remember enough math to add up a dinner menu. I went to Khan Academy and started with basic algebra and went all the way through calculus and it was actually fun. Give it a shot.

I'm a day late and a dollar short. Chas beat me to it.
[+] 3 users Like Black Eagle's post
12-03-2015, 08:10 PM
(12-03-2015 08:39 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've never been part of an "In" crowd. (Apparently being an opinionated, chubby fantasy geek loving hobbit who doesnt believe in god, and would rather play video games doesn't win you a lot of cool points. Especially with other women ..go figure...
As opposed to the self-obsessed Barbie clones who giggle who think the Kardadshians are fantastic? Yeah, it's a mystery why they didn't want you around. Smile
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
12-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Oh, FFS. Angry

What the fuck are "alleged suspects"? They are suspects, meaning they are alleged perpetrators.

Fucking alleged news readers. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
12-03-2015, 10:35 PM
By in crowd I mean people that go...do stuff. I don't like being left out. It sucks. Aaaand I'm back to whining. Granted, I could give a rats ass about "Felicia" - that's gonna be the vag herpe girl's new name, may allah grant her anal warts. But a few of the others...

It's just...I usually get along with most people I meet. Maybe it's 'cause I haven't been much of myself the past year. Can't imagine why. Dodgy Could be all the broken vows.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
12-03-2015, 10:41 PM
(12-03-2015 07:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What does this say about me?

I've been binge watching Downton Abbey on amazon. Earlier this week, I ordered some silver polish. It was delivered yesterday. Today, I'm watching Downton Abbey and polishing the silver having a lovely time while dinner bubbled on the stove.

Then I looked up and saw the servants on the show polishing silver.

Think my subconscious is trying to tell me something. Dodgy

It says you need staff.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-03-2015, 10:44 PM
(12-03-2015 08:10 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 08:39 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've never been part of an "In" crowd. (Apparently being an opinionated, chubby fantasy geek loving hobbit who doesnt believe in god, and would rather play video games doesn't win you a lot of cool points. Especially with other women ..go figure...
As opposed to the self-obsessed Barbie clones who giggle who think the Kardadshians are fantastic? Yeah, it's a mystery why they didn't want you around. Smile

You make an excellent point. Not missing out on much. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
12-03-2015, 11:18 PM
(12-03-2015 10:35 PM)Nurse Wrote:  By in crowd I mean people that go...do stuff. I don't like being left out. It sucks. Aaaand I'm back to whining. Granted, I could give a rats ass about "Felicia" - that's gonna be the vag herpe girl's new name, may allah grant her anal warts. But a few of the others...

It's just...I usually get along with most people I meet. Maybe it's 'cause I haven't been much of myself the past year. Can't imagine why. Dodgy Could be all the broken vows.

Hug You're still awesome Smile Nolli illegitimi carborundum.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.