Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-03-2015, 08:32 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(18-03-2015 08:29 PM)pablo Wrote:  Did the spidey-sense stop tingling after the dog farted?

Nope still going strong.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2015, 11:24 PM
(18-03-2015 05:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 04:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hug Why?

I'll tell you why.
She's a mother.

I have been working on a theory of "mothering" for a little while now (the span of me writing this post so about 2seconds) and it goes something like this.

There are 4 distinct stages of being a mother, they are as follows.

Stage 1: The 'OMG I'm the luckiest person in all the world!' stage.
- Begins at child birth. Usually lasts until the baby begins to either 1) speak or 2) walk or 3) both 1 and 2 which brings us to stage 2.

Stage 2: The 'that pillow is right there...' stage.
- The 'regret' stage. Should have brought a condom.

Stage 3: The 'wait, I swear I had more money than this??' stage.
- Characterized by having no money and constantly stressing about bills and how you're going to pay for things. Usually a divorce occurs about this time. This is the "I hate you child, you did this" period.

Stage 4: The "OMG so close!!" stage.
- Happens between 16 and 17. The stage where you're on the cusp of them turning 18 and you can finally boot their ass out of your house and get your life back. Characterized by wine, lots and lots of wine.

Hobbit is in stage 1 but is progressing to stage 2.

Haha. Yout may be onto something. But that's not It.

I'm just really bloody tired of being nice to people and walking on eggshells when they are being fools.
19-03-2015, 02:19 AM
I hate it when I don't realize I bought a mini book or whatever the fuck they're called.

Just finish writing the goddamn book and then have it published. I hate this trend of releasing 100 pages of a book and releasing just a little bit more several months later. It was just long enough for character development and barely introduced the fucking plot. Arghhh. Angry

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
19-03-2015, 02:22 AM
And I have to wait until May for the next release! I'll have forgotten about it by then, or at least forgotten half the details of the book.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
19-03-2015, 06:23 AM
Gotta love serial series (not). I would just stop reading them if they bug ya.
19-03-2015, 08:51 AM
So, my mother-in-law (MIL) informed her son last night on the phone, that I "cockblocked" her by not sending over some corned beef and cabbage.

Over dinner last night hubby mentioned his mom was whining about missing my corned beef. So, I said he could bring a couple slices to her. He said, "well its not just her, her friend is back."

I told hubby there wasn't enough left for both of them and I wasn't just going to give her all we had left.

So after he went back to work, he sent her a text saying that we didn't have enough left and she replied that "Your wife cockblocked me."

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-03-2015, 09:16 AM
(19-03-2015 08:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, my mother-in-law (MIL) informed her son last night on the phone, that I "cockblocked" her by not sending over some corned beef and cabbage.

Over dinner last night hubby mentioned his mom was whining about missing my corned beef. So, I said he could bring a couple slices to her. He said, "well its not just her, her friend is back."

I told hubby there wasn't enough left for both of them and I wasn't just going to give her all we had left.

So after he went back to work, he sent her a text saying that we didn't have enough left and she replied that "Your wife cockblocked me."

Send an Irish dude over. Big Grin
19-03-2015, 09:19 AM
(19-03-2015 08:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, my mother-in-law (MIL) informed her son last night on the phone, that I "cockblocked" her by not sending over some corned beef and cabbage.

Now you know why your spidy-sense was tingling. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-03-2015, 01:44 PM
8:45am.. not a happy Muffs right now.

[Image: oscar.png]
19-03-2015, 03:06 PM
(19-03-2015 01:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  8:45am.. not a happy Muffs right now.

Why?