Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-03-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(20-03-2015 05:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  My next paycheck (this coming Tuesday) is for a grand total of 15 hours! Over two weeks. And I wont be paid again for another two weeks. Yay... "work"...

If you decided to not show up for work, how long do you think it would take them to notice?
I'm not making fun, 15 hours for two weeks is fucked.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2015, 07:50 PM
Okay, so at least the concert was short...but.........

I looked at the program before it began and there were to be six songs. Not too bad. Hmmm....the fourth one is Battle of Jericho, the only name familiar to me. Then they start the first song...it starts to sink in and I leaned over to my daughter and whispered, "This is a hymn." I looked back at the list of songs and didn't recognize any other titles.

Second song - it's a freaking hymn! I grabbed the program and flipped it over to the description of the director of this soiree. Third paragraph - Mrs. Meek has published children's choir curricula for Lifeway Christian Resources and for Celebrating Grace, Inc.....

My daughter's friend leaned over and asked if I was okay with the choice of songs because she wasn't. I pointed to the above noted paragraph. She read it and looked at me and I said, "My taxes are paying for this." Needless to say, neither of us were happy with this since it's a public school district putting this on and practices were led by public school teachers during school hours.

The last two songs were typical kid songs with no religious overtones but I left there mad as hell that this shit is allowed.

140 kids from 10 schools and no one raised a fuss about this during the planning stages?!?!?!?

What a bunch of crap. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
20-03-2015, 07:57 PM
(20-03-2015 07:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Okay, so at least the concert was short...but.........

I looked at the program before it began and there were to be six songs. Not too bad. Hmmm....the fourth one is Battle of Jericho, the only name familiar to me. Then they start the first song...it starts to sink in and I leaned over to my daughter and whispered, "This is a hymn." I looked back at the list of songs and didn't recognize any other titles.

Second song - it's a freaking hymn! I grabbed the program and flipped it over to the description of the director of this soiree. Third paragraph - Mrs. Meek has published children's choir curricula for Lifeway Christian Resources and for Celebrating Grace, Inc.....

My daughter's friend leaned over and asked if I was okay with the choice of songs because she wasn't. I pointed to the above noted paragraph. She read it and looked at me and I said, "My taxes are paying for this." Needless to say, neither of us were happy with this since it's a public school district putting this on and practices were led by public school teachers during school hours.

The last two songs were typical kid songs with no religious overtones but I left there mad as hell that this shit is allowed.

140 kids from 10 schools and no one raised a fuss about this during the planning stages?!?!?!?

Methinks a strongly worded letter and perhaps a chat with the ACLU may be in order.

... But at least your free now, right?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-03-2015, 07:59 PM
(20-03-2015 07:57 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 07:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Okay, so at least the concert was short...but.........

Methinks a strongly worded letter and perhaps a chat with the ACLU may be in order.

... But at least your free now, right?

My daughter's friend made the same suggestion. Aron Ra lives in the town where I work and he used to live in this town...maybe I can contact him for some guidance regarding local stuff like this.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
20-03-2015, 10:47 PM
(20-03-2015 06:20 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 05:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  My next paycheck (this coming Tuesday) is for a grand total of 15 hours! Over two weeks. And I wont be paid again for another two weeks. Yay... "work"...

If you decided to not show up for work, how long do you think it would take them to notice?
I'm not making fun, 15 hours for two weeks is fucked.

I would literally be better off being unemployed.
Well almost. It looks good on CV's if you're currently employed and there is a chance I could get a full time position. But yes, 15 hours in 2 weeks is beyond fucktardedly ridiculous.

[Image: oscar.png]
20-03-2015, 10:53 PM

Oh I'd be pissed too. Can you complain to the school?

The worst I had to sit through was three different versions of My Heart will Go On.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-03-2015, 11:11 PM
(20-03-2015 10:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Oh I'd be pissed too. Can you complain to the school?

The worst I had to sit through was three different versions of My Heart will Go On.

It's the whole district. There were 14 kids each from the 10 elementary schools in town and it was held at one of the high schools. Also bringing people in was a display of art done by kids from kindergarten through high school including my granddaughter and my bonus granddaughter.

Taking on one school might not be so bad but taking on the whole district is a whole other thing. Confused

20-03-2015, 11:15 PM
(20-03-2015 11:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 10:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh I'd be pissed too. Can you complain to the school?

It's the whole district. There were 14 kids each from the 10 elementary schools in town and it was held at one of the high schools. Also bringing people in was a display of art done by kids from kindergarten through high school including my granddaughter and my bonus granddaughter.

Taking on one school might not be so bad but taking on the whole district is a whole other thing. Confused

FFRF does pretty good with cases like this.
20-03-2015, 11:27 PM
(20-03-2015 11:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 10:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh I'd be pissed too. Can you complain to the school?

You'd have to attend a district meeting, file a complaint with the superintendent. Then get painted as the evil atheist persecuting them. Dodgy You're the one who had sit there and listen to hymns but their rights will be trounced upon. Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-03-2015, 11:51 PM
For fucks sake. How can you get to be a college grad and have never heard of Socrates? It's not So-crates. This isn't a southerner, either; she's from Connecticut or Pennsylvania or one of those other northern states.

I don't know why this irritates me, but it does.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post