Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-03-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(26-03-2015 12:57 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Even a few minutes of that stupid movie had me fondly recalling Twilight in comparison. Fucking Twilight.

Hey! I watched alla them! Repeatedly! Big Grin

poopyhead!

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
27-03-2015, 07:56 AM
Pointless story time!

So here I am, walking around the local shopping centre to grab me some foods when I walk past a little out-let set up by Minda, a mental disability assistance group. As I walk past, minding my own business, one of the gentlemen greets me and makes a gesture I see out the corner of my eye, so I stop and look at him. He's staring at me, eyes locked on mine with a grin which is all but engineered to affect maximum friendliness.
Being me, I quickly scan him over and turn my ipod off, take out the earpieces and take a step toward him as he repeats his greeting and I nod slightly in return, averting my eyes, because that shit make me feel uncomfortable. I stand in front of the rep and scan from his face down to his outstretched hand and back again, averting my eyes every time I hit his own, he responds by nodded enthusiastically, looking at his hand and moving it slightly in a handshake motion. I slightly outstretch my own hand, which his grins and nods to and proceeds to shake my hand.
The Rep then attempts to engage me in conversation. In normal situations like this, I'm usually quite short in my responses and this guy has set off my internal 'let's get out of here and find a nice, quite place to calm down' alarm so I'm eager to get out of there.
The conversation goes thusly:
"Hi. What's you're name?"
"My name is Matthew."
"So, what are you up to?"
"Walking."
"Just got off school?"
"University."
At this point, he's manufactured grins burst into a full smile and his body language becomes more 'positive'.
"Oh? How old are you?"
"Nineteen."
"Ah. Thought you were in high school, you look 15. Well, we need you to be 21 to help with this (gesturing to the organisation stand covered in booklets). So I'll just let you be on your way."

If you thought I was 15, why the fuck did you try to illicit my interaction if you knew based on your age estimate that I couldn't do anything?! What was the purpose of the gambit?
What was the purpose to any of that!?

Of course, it may well have been that he just decided to use it as a quick and easy 'out' from the conversation, since I was visibly growing more uncomfortable (or at least I think I was, showing the increasing discomfort that is).

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
27-03-2015, 02:46 PM
Is it possible to choke your own back out?

I'm drinking a Dr. Pepper and some of it goes down wrong, and all of a sudden my body spends 15-20 seconds trying to cough, and inhale oxygen simultaneously, (failing at both) and every upper body muscle I had clenched hard! It friggin hurt!

Now, every time I stretch to reach a shelf, or worse try to bend over to pick something up, it feels like someone's stabbing me underneath my right shoulder blade! I ain't kiddin! This shit hurts, and sucks, and I'm gonna sue Dr. Pepper!

FUCK SODA!!! Angry

27-03-2015, 02:49 PM
(27-03-2015 02:46 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Is it possible to choke your own back out?

I'm drinking a Dr. Pepper and some of it goes down wrong, and all of a sudden my body spends 15-20 seconds trying to cough, and inhale oxygen simultaneously, (failing at both) and every upper body muscle I had clenched hard! It friggin hurt!

Now, every time I stretch to reach a shelf, or worse try to bend over to pick something up, it feels like someone's stabbing me underneath my right shoulder blade! I ain't kiddin! This shit hurts, and sucks, and I'm gonna sue Dr. Pepper!

FUCK SODA!!! Angry

Either you've got it spewing all over the kitchen, or in your lungs where it doesn't belong Tongue

Seriously though, if you were really coughing up a big storm, I think it's note gone the realm of possibility that you kinked something in your back. Undecided

What to do about it, not too sure. Take it easy, try and get a massage Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
27-03-2015, 02:56 PM
(27-03-2015 02:49 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  What to do about it, not too sure. Take it easy, try and get a massage Wink

Nudie pics would go a long way! Smile No? damit Dodgy
Hug Tongue
Consider Don't we have a hot Nurse around here who could fix me up?
Seriously, though, I might just sit in the shower and let hot water hit it on the massage setting for a while! Undecided

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
27-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Just when things start getting good - all happy, comfy, and cozy - work rears it's ugly head. Undecided

Oh well, at least my space and vis tests, which I did yesterday are done and I apparently did ok otherwise, they would have advised me to not bother coming in for the rest of my life.

Consider

I think I'm just now realizing the catch-22 in this situation. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
27-03-2015, 03:40 PM
(27-03-2015 02:46 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Is it possible to choke your own back out?

FUCK SODA!!! Angry

Good thing you weren't drinking anything stronger. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
27-03-2015, 03:44 PM

FUCK SODA!!! Angry

Well, baseball player Sammy Sosa once injured his back sneezing, so anything is possible...
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
28-03-2015, 09:40 AM
One more project to get finished and THAN I can get started on the forum history thread.

[Image: oscar.png]
28-03-2015, 11:24 AM
(28-03-2015 09:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  One more project to get finished and THAN I can get started on the forum history thread.

*then.

Thumbsup

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post