Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-03-2015, 06:18 PM
RE: Ranting corner
People who push and push, then want to "discuss" why I haven't dated in years. Why the hell did you keep pushing and didn't like the answer?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Great I've got a cramp in my toe.

Damn papa toe (also known as the little piggy that went to market) is bending the wrong way.

Fml this hurts!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

30-03-2015, 09:37 PM
People who are online bullies. :/

Be true to yourself. Heart
31-03-2015, 08:44 AM
I wasn't sure if I should put this in the rant post or the good day post. I decided rant since it left me with a killer headache thanks to hypoglycemia and caffeine withdrawal. Also had an allergic reaction to my food last night - so I couldn't finish my meal.

Last night was probably a career record for me with "Oh shit!" moments. I call them oh shit moments because, well, I usually exclaim "Oh shit!" while running towards my patient's room. I got quite the workout from all the dead sprints.

Lots of medical jargon (Bucky Ball might appreciate this) :
Patient A - pacemaker dependent - underlying post op rhythm asystole. Guess who's epicardial wires were failing capture - she had 2As and 4Vs (failing to capture means the pacer wasn't fucking working and she would go back to asystole - oh shit - flatline) with the mAs maxed out Dodgy So we placed transvenous pacer - pace port swanns which do a much better job are on back order. I had her on transcutaneous pads as a backup. Then she would just barely move her shoulders and fail to capture. We had to pace her with the pads for a few seconds while I dropped in the epicardial wires and just hit the damn emergency button on the pacer box. We did an echo to check placement and determined the transvenous pacer needed to be readjusted, got fluoro to the bedside and tried again. Still kept losing capture throughout the night. She lost consciousness a few times. I had to watch the monitor like a fucking hawk - with the mAs jacked up the cardiac monitor couldn't detect the asystole. Even did unipolar pacing at one point. So then for the next few hours my fellows (I had both cardiology and cardiac surgery in my room for this) argued with the EP lab fellows about coming before shift change to place a temp perm before I fucking lost my patient. The attending was called. Finally got a temp perm placed under fluoro at bedside - had THREE pacer boxes and a zoll in my room at that point. By 0615 I finally had her goddamn stable. Clocked out at 0800. She should have a permanent pacer by now.

While all this shit went down patient B kept going into V Tach after a failed ablation. By 0400 I finally had him stable.

It was exciting. I'm surprised I'm not shitting diamonds with the lockdown on my anal sphincter. So it was a good day in that I handed off stable patients to day shift and no one died.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
31-03-2015, 11:27 AM
I really need to get more hours at work, or just find another part time job... 6.5-10 hours a week ain't cuttin it.
31-03-2015, 11:59 AM
(31-03-2015 11:27 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I really need to get more hours at work, or just find another part time job... 6.5-10 hours a week ain't cuttin it.

The dog in your sig looks like he/she is mouthing this rant. Tongue

Be true to yourself. Heart
31-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Damn it.

Yesterday, I had a really bad cramp in my papa toe.

Today, I can't stop sneezing.

31-03-2015, 02:22 PM
(31-03-2015 02:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Damn it.

You need a foot rub, cures both.Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
31-03-2015, 02:57 PM
(31-03-2015 02:22 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 02:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Damn it.

You need a foot rub, cures both.Big Grin

Smile

It's raining, chilly and I want a nap. Weeping

31-03-2015, 04:12 PM
I've never heard it called a papa toe.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman