Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-04-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(01-04-2015 02:15 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I hate living in a country where most people enjoy scientific ignorance. Miffs me up. Angry

Anywhere where there is a domination of Christianity, you'll find that. I'd say more Muslims honor science over their Christian counterparts.

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2015, 02:27 PM
(01-04-2015 02:19 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 02:15 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I hate living in a country where most people enjoy scientific ignorance. Miffs me up. Angry

Anywhere where there is a domination of Christianity, you'll find that. I'd say more Muslims honor science over their Christian counterparts.

Well it is not a place dominated by Christianity, you can have a country of atheist that can be stupid. I just hate america man. It is like america is having the who is more ignorant with science contest with itself.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
01-04-2015, 02:29 PM
(01-04-2015 02:19 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  

You would be very much mistaken.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-04-2015, 02:32 PM
(01-04-2015 02:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 02:19 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Anywhere where there is a domination of Christianity, you'll find that. I'd say more Muslims honor science over their Christian counterparts.

You would be very much mistaken.

Nope, I don't think so.

01-04-2015, 02:36 PM
(01-04-2015 02:32 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 02:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You would be very much mistaken.

Nope, I don't think so.

Well if you mean inspired off of your religion than yes islam, but if you mean by people who happened to have a religion, rev is right.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
01-04-2015, 02:44 PM
(01-04-2015 02:36 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 02:32 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Nope, I don't think so.

Well if you mean inspired off of your religion than yes islam, but if you mean by people who happened to have a religion, rev is right.

The Qur'an conflicts less with science than the Bible, so right there, this leaves Christians at a disadvantage in allowing themselves to bridge a gap between science and faith. I'm speaking in generalities...of course, there are exceptions.

01-04-2015, 02:55 PM
(01-04-2015 02:44 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 02:36 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well if you mean inspired off of your religion than yes islam, but if you mean by people who happened to have a religion, rev is right.

The Qur'an conflicts less with science than the Bible, so right there, this leaves Christians at a disadvantage in allowing themselves to bridge a gap between science and faith. I'm speaking in generalities...of course, there are exceptions.

Salt Water can never mix with fresh.

This is stated as fact in the Quran. It is not the only blatantly wrong thing. I could post several stupid Imans making insane proclamations of anti-science. In fact recently Vaccinator in Pakistan were murdered for distributing vaccinations.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-04-2015, 04:47 PM
Everyone can interpret things differently in modern times. But, early Islamic civilizations believed that science was proof of the Divine. Not in conflict with it. The Qur'an has been thought to have passages predicting certain scientific outcomes. Christians who are Sola Scriptura are not also pro-science...on average. There are exceptions but in general, I'd say Muslims well versed in science, and their faith, were not trying to pit the two against each other.

It's a controversial topic I guess...but that's what I've come to learn about it.

01-04-2015, 05:52 PM
So, I officially may not get paid tomorrow. The company doesn't have the money to cover payroll. Guess I will find out when I check the bank in the morning if the payroll company floated us 28K on an IOU.

For six months I managed the money and everybody got paid and the lights stayed on. Since hiring the CPA (at a fat price - but not on the payroll, he just gets paid from accounts payable) our credit card limits have been cut in half, the phones turned off, and now not enough money for payroll.

Sure glad they hired someone with a CPA to get the company on track. Dodgy

Guess who gets to field the calls from vendors we are late in paying?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
02-04-2015, 12:24 AM
(01-04-2015 05:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So, I officially may not get paid tomorrow. The company doesn't have the money to cover payroll. Guess I will find out when I check the bank in the morning if the payroll company floated us 28K on an IOU.

For six months I managed the money and everybody got paid and the lights stayed on. Since hiring the CPA (at a fat price - but not on the payroll, he just gets paid from accounts payable) our credit card limits have been cut in half, the phones turned off, and now not enough money for payroll.

Sure glad they hired someone with a CPA to get the company on track. Dodgy

Guess who gets to field the calls from vendors we are late in paying?

But having a fat over-priced incompetent running the show is how all the best companies do it Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.