Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-04-2015, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 01:05 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
RE: Ranting corner
Rant of the Day

I love love love how our local (decent) market offers both an Easter and Passover options. Facepalm matzo crusted chicken breast alongside every type of pork product available.

While in line to buy some salad for the family (the lines were like I was waiting for a Stones concert long), I remarked to the cashier I know something like "wow this place is busy, you'd think there was a holiday or something going on." the cashier laughed. We're used to each other's sarcasm.

A woman behind me, chimed in, "well its Easter"

I replied, it's also Passover....

She replied, "well they celebrate the same thing"

I looked at the stupid woman standing behind me and said, "wow and to think all these years I thought it (passover) was about Egyptians, slavery, plagues and burning bushes that can speak."

My cashier friend could not contain her laughter.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-04-2015, 12:56 PM
(04-04-2015 12:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Rant of the Day

I love love love how our local (decent) market offers both an Easter and Passover options. Facepalm matzo crusted chicken breast alongside every type of pork product available.

While in line to buy some salad for the family (the lines were like I was waiting for a Stones concert long), I remarked to the cashier I know something like "wow this place is busy, you'd think there was a holiday or something going on." the cashier laughed. We're used to each other's sarcasm.

She replied, "we'll they celebrate the same thing"

I looked at the stupid woman standing behind me and said, "wow and to think all these years I thought it (passover) was about Egyptians, slavery, plagues and burning bushes that can speak."

But did you stock up on Peeps? They are the real meaning of Easter.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-04-2015, 01:11 PM
(04-04-2015 12:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 12:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Rant of the Day

She replied, "we'll they celebrate the same thing"

But did you stock up on Peeps? They are the real meaning of Easter.

No, not there too expensive. Besides, I really hate Peeps. If anyone in the house wants them they can buy them.

Now those Cadbury mini eggs...let me assure you, I've got a huge supply of those. All safely hidden away where no one can find them and assault my supply. I'm currently offering Milano's as decoy -- I even placed a sticky note proclaiming them as mine. I saw the bag was opened this morning. They think they're sooooo clever. Evil_monster

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-04-2015, 01:18 PM
(04-04-2015 01:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 12:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  But did you stock up on Peeps? They are the real meaning of Easter.

No, not there too expensive. Besides, I really hate Peeps. If anyone in the house wants them they can buy them.

Now those Cadbury mini eggs...let me assure you, I've got a huge supply of those. All safely hidden away where no one can find them and assault my supply. I'm currently offering Milano's as decoy -- I even placed a sticky note proclaiming them as mine. I saw the bag was opened this morning. They think they're sooooo clever. Evil_monster

Not thrilled with Peeps myself but Reeses peanut butter eggs are a different thing. Drooling Husband is all about Starburst jelly beans. That's the extent of Easter anything in this house.

Was kind of surprised when I went grocery shopping yesterday that the Easter aisles were nearly empty. They either don't stock as much as do for Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine's Days or Easter is a holiday with more advance purchasing.

Have a Peepless Easter. I will be enjoying a part of the day with the house to myself as even god rising isn't enough to stop the production of Pepsi and Aquafina.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-04-2015, 05:12 PM
Me, to just about everybody I've had to deal with this week. I know that by definition half the population is below average intelligence but why the fuck did they all have to line up to talk to me?

[Image: tumblr_ll9tl8zzco1qcteg9o1_500-e8de67aac...568a89.gif]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
04-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Feeling incredibly homesick everyday. I really don't want to stay at my job anymore regardless of a promotion in the works because the pressure to make sales keeps getting worse. I'm beginning to regret becoming a roommate with my manager for the time being because we can't seem to keep work and personal time separate and I feel like I'm walking on eggshells with her all the time and can never relax. My skin is all broken out because of the stress I'm feeling. I feel like I need to scream into a pillow.

So many other things just continue to pile up and I can't seem to put anything else into words. I really just want to be in a positive environment again. Sadcryface2

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
04-04-2015, 05:59 PM
(04-04-2015 05:56 PM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  Feeling incredibly homesick everyday. I really don't want to stay at my job anymore regardless of a promotion in the works because the pressure to make sales keeps getting worse. I'm beginning to regret becoming a roommate with my manager for the time being because we can't seem to keep work and personal time separate and I feel like I'm walking on eggshells with her all the time and can never relax. My skin is all broken out because of the stress I'm feeling. I feel like I need to scream into a pillow.

So many other things just continue to pile up and I can't seem to put anything else into words. I really just want to be in a positive environment again. Sadcryface2

:/ Sorry about that. Here get a hug! Hug Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
04-04-2015, 06:01 PM
(04-04-2015 05:56 PM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  Feeling incredibly homesick everyday. I really don't want to stay at my job anymore regardless of a promotion in the works because the pressure to make sales keeps getting worse. I'm beginning to regret becoming a roommate with my manager for the time being because we can't seem to keep work and personal time separate and I feel like I'm walking on eggshells with her all the time and can never relax. My skin is all broken out because of the stress I'm feeling. I feel like I need to scream into a pillow.

Hug deep breath. think about your options. Set a goal to work towards. It's how you pull through.

Oh. Red wine helps, too. Think I'll go open a bottle...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
04-04-2015, 07:23 PM
Man, to think that Metallica actually was techincal at some point, using odd time signatures proficiently

Look at 5:32, Lars kicking himself from a 7/4 into a 6/4, fucking love it. Will also give credit to James, who has to sing and play this stuff at the same time.

Sorry for all the musical theory bullshit all the time, sounds probably like gibberish to most and like baby's food for musicians more experienced than me. It's just like, what if... What if Bob Rock was mauled by a fucking truck and that prevented him from turning Metallica boring and then into utter shit. What if...

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
04-04-2015, 07:30 PM
(04-04-2015 06:01 PM)Nurse Wrote:  

Hug deep breath. think about your options. Set a goal to work towards. It's how you pull through.

Oh. Red wine helps, too. Think I'll go open a bottle...

My next day off....it's just going to be me and a bottle. I think I deserve that much at this point. Angel

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.