Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-04-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(08-04-2015 11:47 AM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  Ugh. I want to be productive today and go out and maybe buy a new book but at the same time, I just want to be lazy and lay in bed all day and watch movies. Sadcryface2

Compromise? You could buy a book online while lazing about in bed...

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
08-04-2015, 11:54 AM
Just came back from an English class, during which the teacher thought it was a great idea to analyze a video on Easter that consisted of little kids guilt tripping the viewer with the stories of how Jesus suffered beyond human comprehension for our supposed misdeeds.

My anxiety has been getting worse over the last few days. I don't need your fucking propaganda to deal with, woman. I'm having enough of a hard time coping with reality as it is.
08-04-2015, 12:00 PM
(08-04-2015 11:52 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 11:47 AM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  Ugh. I want to be productive today and go out and maybe buy a new book but at the same time, I just want to be lazy and lay in bed all day and watch movies. Sadcryface2

Compromise? You could buy a book online while lazing about in bed...

But then I have to wait for it!

I'll drag myself out of the house eventually, I 'm sure. Girl's gotta eat anyway and I have to agonize over that as well. Dodgy

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
08-04-2015, 12:04 PM
(08-04-2015 11:54 AM)Maratiga Wrote:  Just came back from an English class, during which the teacher thought it was a great idea to analyze a video on Easter that consisted of little kids guilt tripping the viewer with the stories of how Jesus suffered beyond human comprehension for our supposed misdeeds.

The fact that countless people throughout history have suffered far more gruesome torture for far more trivial reasons never seems to come up around that topic. I wonder why?

08-04-2015, 12:06 PM
(08-04-2015 12:00 PM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 11:52 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Compromise? You could buy a book online while lazing about in bed...

But then I have to wait for it!

Of course. But on the other hand, it doesn't require pants.

(08-04-2015 12:00 PM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  I'll drag myself out of the house eventually, I 'm sure. Girl's gotta eat anyway and I have to agonize over that as well. Dodgy

... order the food online too?

08-04-2015, 12:08 PM
(08-04-2015 12:04 PM)cjlr Wrote:  The fact that countless people throughout history have suffered far more gruesome torture for far more trivial reasons never seems to come up around that topic. I wonder why?

Or that, were he real, he would not have been the first nor last to suffer this way. The bible itself mentions two other men going through the exact thing alongside him. It's done every year in Philippines, apparently, and some do it multiple years in a row. My question is... where does the 'beyond human comprehension' part come in?
08-04-2015, 12:12 PM
(08-04-2015 12:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 12:00 PM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  But then I have to wait for it!

Of course. But on the other hand, it doesn't require pants.

(08-04-2015 12:00 PM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  I'll drag myself out of the house eventually, I 'm sure. Girl's gotta eat anyway and I have to agonize over that as well. Dodgy

Hmmm. Take out doesn't sound like a bad idea actually. Consider
I was just thinking Chic Fil A, but I always feel guilty eating there. I can't help it though. They're ungodly delicious.

08-04-2015, 12:18 PM
(08-04-2015 12:12 PM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 12:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Of course. But on the other hand, it doesn't require pants.

Hmmm. Take out doesn't sound like a bad idea actually. Consider
I was just thinking Chic Fil A, but I always feel guilty eating there. I can't help it though. They're ungodly delicious.

Are they good, for that kind of fast food? They don't exist in Canada - or even any border states I've been to.

08-04-2015, 12:20 PM
(08-04-2015 12:08 PM)Maratiga Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 12:04 PM)cjlr Wrote:  The fact that countless people throughout history have suffered far more gruesome torture for far more trivial reasons never seems to come up around that topic. I wonder why?

Or that, were he real, he would not have been the first nor last to suffer this way. The bible itself mentions two other men going through the exact thing alongside him. It's done every year in Philippines, apparently, and some do it multiple years in a row. My question is... where does the 'beyond human comprehension' part come in?

Ah, well, you see, the thing with that is, that it's... different. Because... reasons. Yes. Lots of reasons. But they're probably ineffable. Like everything essential in religious doctrine: juuuust well-defined enough to loudly espouse as shibboleths, but vacuously ill-defined enough to perpetually avoid any actual explanation.

08-04-2015, 12:23 PM
(08-04-2015 12:18 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 12:12 PM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  Hmmm. Take out doesn't sound like a bad idea actually. Consider

Are they good, for that kind of fast food? They don't exist in Canada - or even any border states I've been to.

They're nowhere as popular as McDonald's or anything and they're on the more expensive side for fast food but for me, they're always fresh and their Chic Fil A sauce is indescribably amazing. Drooling

I think I just convinced myself to go now.