Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-04-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(08-04-2015 03:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Oh the fucking day I had yesterday...
First I failed two math tests in the most maximal way possible: out of two tests of 10 questions I got only I 1 right.

The I get home and my PC is dead: say it needs to go through startup repair. Leave it at it for the hours while napping, because being affiliate is remarkably exhausting, wake up nothing is happening, it's still "looking for problems", let it run a half hour more, got fed up and attempted to start from the last stable version, doesn't work back to startup repair. Fuckit decided I, going to the proverbial tactical nuke option, reinstalling windows. That take about two hours to do an anything, finally gets to the instal, tried to go the repair option, no dice. full reinstall, takes another hour, low and behold it refuses to instal due to "wrong partitions", reformats and restart gets that working, windows seems fine at the cost of losing all of my everything. Now I need to go to my Dad's place to grab the drivers disk, instal the drivers (assuming it doesn't fucking die for no reason again) and hope to atheismo that windows validates and begin the week of endless reinstalling.
Naturally this bullshit had to happen when I have an assignment due tomorrow which I now have no work toward which is worth somewhere in the ballpark of 20% of one of my courses.

Also, using the forum on mobile fucking sucks. It's slow, clunky, doesn't easily allow changes without deleting everything before, worst of all is that without a tonne of spaces at the bottom, I can't see the bottom of my posts once I get past the natural post box. Plus my pho.r loves.to put periods in out of nowhere which are a bitch to edit out.

Sounds like a laptop issue; didn't you have a desktop one too?

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2015, 03:58 PM
A desktop what. A fucking desktop desktop? I believe I specified it was my PC, elk...
Oh, and. I can't reply properly to long posts because no bottom of posts for me.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-04-2015, 04:19 PM
(08-04-2015 12:57 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 12:25 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I have never cared for them.

So, if you had to recommend me an American chicken-based fast food chain, which one would it be?

Raising Canes...however it may be a drive to get to one. Pretty tasty.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-04-2015, 04:26 PM
(08-04-2015 04:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 12:57 PM)cjlr Wrote:  So, if you had to recommend me an American chicken-based fast food chain, which one would it be?

Raising Canes...however it may be a drive to get to one. Pretty tasty.

There's one in Boston. Is it worth a 30 mi. drive?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2015, 04:30 PM
(08-04-2015 04:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 04:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Raising Canes...however it may be a drive to get to one. Pretty tasty.

There's one in Boston. Is it worth a 30 mi. drive?

You may have something better closer but if you are in the area it's pretty good for fast food. I get the three chicken strip meal that comes with Texas Toast and fries. The fries are good and the dipping sauce for the chicken has a nice flavor with some zing. Their lemonade is okay too.

Husband likes a bigger meal that comes with cole slaw.

If I am going to have chicken, that's where I go since they put one in about 5 miles from our house.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

08-04-2015, 04:40 PM
(08-04-2015 04:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 04:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  There's one in Boston. Is it worth a 30 mi. drive?

You may have something better closer but if you are in the area it's pretty good for fast food. I get the three chicken strip meal that comes with Texas Toast and fries. The fries are good and the dipping sauce for the chicken has a nice flavor with some zing. Their lemonade is okay too.

If I am going to have chicken, that's where I go since they put one in about 5 miles from our house.

Excellent restaurant review. Thumbsup
The one in Boston is right by the Boston University campus so I'd guess they do a pretty brisk business.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2015, 04:47 PM
(08-04-2015 04:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 04:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You may have something better closer but if you are in the area it's pretty good for fast food. I get the three chicken strip meal that comes with Texas Toast and fries. The fries are good and the dipping sauce for the chicken has a nice flavor with some zing. Their lemonade is okay too.

Excellent restaurant review. Thumbsup
The one in Boston is right by the Boston University campus so I'd guess they do a pretty brisk business.

I bet they do. In my experience the food is always hot and the service fast.

08-04-2015, 05:02 PM
My baby boy turns 28 tomorrow. I don't know how that can be. I must have been around 12 when I had him. Weeping

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-04-2015, 11:23 PM
(08-04-2015 03:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I failed two math tests in the most maximal way possible: out of two tests of 10 questions I got only I 1 right.

Didja study?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-04-2015, 11:28 PM
(08-04-2015 01:22 PM)Russ Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 12:57 PM)cjlr Wrote:  So, if you had to recommend me an American chicken-based fast food chain, which one would it be?
Butting in here. I would recommend KFC. Not the best, but pretty good compared to the rest (that should be their slogan Tongue)
The only thing that's good at Chick-fil-a is their milkshakes, everything else is poor quality and ridiculously over priced (sorry kristen). They can't even make consistently good fries.

Oh fuck yes - their milkshakes are the shiz-nit. Yes Love 'em Heart

As far as an American chicken-based fast food chain that I would recommend - Raising Cane's. Yes But!! They *only* serve chicken tenders (or chicken fingers, whatever else everyone calls them) - they don't do chicken legs, breasts, etc. Still, they're damn good.

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post