Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-04-2015, 08:17 AM
RE: Ranting corner
I can’t stomach ‘debates’ with Christian ‘apologetics’ anymore. I used to be able to at least converse in a healthy manner, but now…I feel offended, as though they are implying that I’m not as smart as them to grasp all that God has in store for me.

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2015, 08:21 AM
I have been wronged.

I was man-handled (by a dude that resembles Girly so no this was not good) in a dangerous way (he grabbed me while I was riding along on my bike) and trespassed from the local shopping mall, even though I was on public property.

1) He's not allowed to man-handle me.
2) He needs to give me a warning before he can trespass me
3) I need to actually be doing something wrong on the private property
4) I need to actually be on the private property
5) He needs to clearly show me the no-cycling signs and point out why what I was doing was wrong (even though I wasn't on private property thus not doing anything wrong(well, riding on the footpath is illegal but he's not a Police officer so fuck him))
6) He needs to specify where I have been trespassed from, who he is, his position at the company he works for and for how long the trespass is in place.
7) He can't call the cops because they see my riding through on the cameras if I have a trespass. That camera footage could be anyone. I know this because at work we can't have people arrested if they're trespassed and gone before the cops shown up. They have to be on the property when the police show up. Even though we have them on camera, have witnesses and know exactly who they are (we had this situation recently of known shoplifters).

This guy clearly can't get an erection so needs to drag young fellas off their bikes to get some wood so he can beat off in the workplace toilets. Fuck this prick, I'm phoning the mall tomorrow to complain that I was physically man-handled by one of their staff and if I don't receive an apology from the man and assurances that I am allowed to walk my bike through the area I go through every day on the way to work, I will pass the mater onto the Police and it will become assault.

So yes fat man, lets get the cameras and give it to the Police, we can show them the part where you grab me as I'm riding along causing me to almost fall off. Yes I couldn't hear you yelling at me, I had my headphones in, but that doesn't mean you can man-handle me. What if I was deaf? What if I was disabled and you grabbed me and I fell off? I could have broken my arm/wrist or worse. Fuck this cunt, he's not even security just some low level manager.
If he loses his job I really wont give a flying fuck. Threaten and man-handle me cunt, you messed with the wrong mofo, I'm not some average young punk I will fucking fight this shit and your bullying.

(as you can tell, it really pissed me off.)

Now if you'll excuse I'm off to read the Trespass Act 1980 and than see if I can find some building plans outlining where the sidewalk ends and the Mall begins.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-04-2015, 08:23 AM
(09-04-2015 08:17 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I can’t stomach ‘debates’ with Christian ‘apologetics’ anymore. I used to be able to at least converse in a healthy manner, but now…I feel offended, as though they are implying that I’m not as smart as them to grasp all that God has in store for me.

To be fair, they get a lot of that from us too. In most of these debates, both sides seem to do a lot of "I'm right because I'm so much smarter than you". The actual debate points (the "arguments") tend to get swamped by the ego games.
09-04-2015, 08:26 AM
(09-04-2015 08:17 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I can’t stomach ‘debates’ with Christian ‘apologetics’ anymore. I used to be able to at least converse in a healthy manner, but now…I feel offended, as though they are implying that I’m not as smart as them to grasp all that God has in store for me.

I totally feel that. My friend likes to kind of talk down to me in a condescending manner that I haven't accepted "the truth." Really annoying.

But thankfully, I haven't gotten into any completely irrational arguments with anyone else. But that's probably only because I let myself become too intimidated to speak up about anything on a public forum like Facebook.

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
09-04-2015, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2015 04:23 PM by Full Circle.)
(09-04-2015 08:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I have been wronged.

I was man-handled (by a dude that resembles Girly so no this was not good) in a dangerous way (he grabbed me while I was riding along on my bike) and trespassed from the local shopping mall, even though I was on public property.

5) He needs to clearly show me the no-cycling signs and point out why what I was doing was wrong (even though I wasn't on private property thus not doing anything wrong(well, riding on the footpath is illegal but he's not a Police officer so fuck him))
6) He needs to specify where I have been trespassed from, who he is, his position at the company he works for and for how long the trespass is in place.
7) He can't call the cops because they see my riding through on the cameras if I have a trespass. That camera footage could be anyone. I know this because at work we can't have people arrested if they're trespassed and gone before the cops shown up. They have to be on the property when the police show up. Even though we have them on camera, have witnesses and know exactly who they are (we had this situation recently of known shoplifters).

This guy clearly can't get an erection so needs to drag young fellas off their bikes to get some wood so he can beat off in the workplace toilets. Fuck this prick, I'm phoning the mall tomorrow to complain that I was physically man-handled by one of their staff and if I don't receive an apology from the man and assurances that I am allowed to walk my bike through the area I go through every day on the way to work, I will pass the mater onto the Police and it will become assault.

So yes fat man, lets get the cameras and give it to the Police, we can show them the part where you grab me as I'm riding along causing me to almost fall off. Yes I couldn't hear you yelling at me, I had my headphones in, but that doesn't mean you can man-handle me. What if I was deaf? What if I was disabled and you grabbed me and I fell off? I could have broken my arm/wrist or worse. Fuck this cunt, he's not even security just some low level manager.
If he loses his job I really wont give a flying fuck. Threaten and man-handle me cunt, you messed with the wrong mofo, I'm not some average young punk I will fucking fight this shit and your bullying.

Now if you'll excuse I'm off to read the Trespass Act 1980 and than see if I can find some building plans outlining where the sidewalk ends and the Mall begins.

Two questions muffs:
1. Did this guy hurt you? Becuase if he did you should have called the police immediately.
2. Did he not realize your name is in orange now? Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
09-04-2015, 08:29 AM
(09-04-2015 08:23 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

To be fair, they get a lot of that from us too. In most of these debates, both sides seem to do a lot of "I'm right because I'm so much smarter than you". The actual debate points (the "arguments") tend to get swamped by the ego games.

That's why a good appreciation of how to stick a pin in someone's ego balloon is an essential part of any debater's toolkit Big Grin And an ability to fend off the pricks of others.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-04-2015, 08:44 AM
(08-04-2015 12:57 PM)cjlr Wrote:  So, if you had to recommend me an American chicken-based fast food chain, which one would it be?

And the results of cjlr's great American fast food chicken poll 2015 are in:

(08-04-2015 01:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  Killa Fucken Chicken?
(08-04-2015 01:22 PM)Russ Wrote:  Butting in here. I would recommend KFC. Not the best, but pretty good compared to the rest (that should be their slogan Tongue)

Well, we do at least have those here.

(08-04-2015 02:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Chicken Basket, hands down the best. Too bad they are just a local chain.

Local, huh? How far out is local? Well, I'm sure I'll have an excuse to be back in the mid-atlantic some time in the future.

(08-04-2015 04:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Raising Canes...however it may be a drive to get to one. Pretty tasty.
(08-04-2015 11:28 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  As far as an American chicken-based fast food chain that I would recommend - Raising Cane's. Yes

Looks like there's that one in Boston, some in Ohio, and no other locations in the northeast or midwest. That one will have to wait.

Man, now I'm really hungry for a big pile of shitty fast food. A shame the best places are in Quebec...

... this is my signature!
09-04-2015, 08:48 AM
(09-04-2015 08:44 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 12:57 PM)cjlr Wrote:  So, if you had to recommend me an American chicken-based fast food chain, which one would it be?

And the results of cjlr's great American fast food chicken poll 2015 are in:

(08-04-2015 01:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  Killa Fucken Chicken?
(08-04-2015 01:22 PM)Russ Wrote:  Butting in here. I would recommend KFC. Not the best, but pretty good compared to the rest (that should be their slogan Tongue)

Well, we do at least have those here.

(08-04-2015 02:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Chicken Basket, hands down the best. Too bad they are just a local chain.

Local, huh? How far out is local? Well, I'm sure I'll have an excuse to be back in the mid-atlantic some time in the future.

(08-04-2015 04:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Raising Canes...however it may be a drive to get to one. Pretty tasty.
(08-04-2015 11:28 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  As far as an American chicken-based fast food chain that I would recommend - Raising Cane's. Yes

Looks like there's that one in Boston, some in Ohio, and no other locations in the northeast or midwest. That one will have to wait.

Man, now I'm really hungry for a big pile of shitty fast food. A shame the best places are in Quebec...

Can't beat Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert! Thumbsup

Hop on Highway 17 - they're in Ottawa. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2015, 08:52 AM
Omshaksidjf'ng Raising Canes!!We don't have one close by, but Bojangles is pretty damn good, too.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
09-04-2015, 08:52 AM
(09-04-2015 08:29 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 08:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I have been wronged.

Two questions muffs:
1. Did this guy hurt you? Becuase if he did you have called the police immediately.
2. Did he not realize your name is in orange now? Consider

Physically hurt me? No, he just grabbed me making me stop (I was riding my bike at the time). He could have very easily hurt me though as I had my headphones in and wasn't expecting someone to just up and grab me, I couldn't see him when he did it either.

I mean who does that? It's dangerous, he had no idea who I was. Like I said, I could have been disabled or autistic or something. It could have gone wrong easily.
If he had like just put his hand on my shoulder and we were standing there or I was walking and it was to get my attention sort of thing I wouldn't give a shit (even though even that little gesture would be illegal too), but it's because I was riding along and he went out of his way to grab me and pull on me.

I don't think he liked that I was ignoring him (I had my headphones in and simply just couldn't hear him, I didn't know he was speaking to me).

After a little research I have found a couple things.
1) he breached Crimes Act 1961 section 196 (assault)
2) he failed to warn me
3) The whole area where I was riding is a public road.
It's a sidewalk and it goes through the Mall, but the area where it cuts through is open and there's no doors or anything so it can't be shut up. On my way home the doors are shut in the Mall and you can't go left or right but you can go straight through (which is the way I go). But I think he thought the whole undercover area was part of the Mall when it's actually public sidewalk (not to mention I wasn't even under the Malls roof, I hadn't gotten to that bit yet).

And yes, clearly doesn't know that my name is orange now. He'll find out tomorrow soon enough.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post