Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-04-2015, 08:53 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(09-04-2015 08:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  Can't beat Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert! Thumbsup

Hop on Highway 17 - they're in Ottawa. Yes

But, Chas, I just turned in my rental car...

Weeping

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2015, 10:14 AM
(09-04-2015 07:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  FT, khanacademy.org is your friend.

Ha. I went there now Tongue I'm Grade 4 level in arithmetic at the moment Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-04-2015, 11:34 AM
(09-04-2015 08:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I have been wronged.

I was man-handled (by a dude that resembles Girly so no this was not good) in a dangerous way (he grabbed me while I was riding along on my bike) and trespassed from the local shopping mall, even though I was on public property.

1) He's not allowed to man-handle me.
2) He needs to give me a warning before he can trespass me
3) I need to actually be doing something wrong on the private property
4) I need to actually be on the private property
5) He needs to clearly show me the no-cycling signs and point out why what I was doing was wrong (even though I wasn't on private property thus not doing anything wrong(well, riding on the footpath is illegal but he's not a Police officer so fuck him))
6) He needs to specify where I have been trespassed from, who he is, his position at the company he works for and for how long the trespass is in place.
7) He can't call the cops because they see my riding through on the cameras if I have a trespass. That camera footage could be anyone. I know this because at work we can't have people arrested if they're trespassed and gone before the cops shown up. They have to be on the property when the police show up. Even though we have them on camera, have witnesses and know exactly who they are (we had this situation recently of known shoplifters).

This guy clearly can't get an erection so needs to drag young fellas off their bikes to get some wood so he can beat off in the workplace toilets. Fuck this prick, I'm phoning the mall tomorrow to complain that I was physically man-handled by one of their staff and if I don't receive an apology from the man and assurances that I am allowed to walk my bike through the area I go through every day on the way to work, I will pass the mater onto the Police and it will become assault.

So yes fat man, lets get the cameras and give it to the Police, we can show them the part where you grab me as I'm riding along causing me to almost fall off. Yes I couldn't hear you yelling at me, I had my headphones in, but that doesn't mean you can man-handle me. What if I was deaf? What if I was disabled and you grabbed me and I fell off? I could have broken my arm/wrist or worse. Fuck this cunt, he's not even security just some low level manager.
If he loses his job I really wont give a flying fuck. Threaten and man-handle me cunt, you messed with the wrong mofo, I'm not some average young punk I will fucking fight this shit and your bullying.

(as you can tell, it really pissed me off.)

Now if you'll excuse I'm off to read the Trespass Act 1980 and than see if I can find some building plans outlining where the sidewalk ends and the Mall begins.

You could've just said, "Sorry. Would you like a blowjob?" and be done with it.

#sigh
09-04-2015, 11:58 AM
(09-04-2015 08:44 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 12:57 PM)cjlr Wrote:  So, if you had to recommend me an American chicken-based fast food chain, which one would it be?

And the results of cjlr's great American fast food chicken poll 2015 are in:

(08-04-2015 02:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Chicken Basket, hands down the best. Too bad they are just a local chain.

Local, huh? How far out is local? Well, I'm sure I'll have an excuse to be back in the mid-atlantic some time in the future.

http://www.menuism.com/restaurant-locati...ket-172353

6 locations all in the DC metropolitan area.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-04-2015, 12:49 PM
I did loads of stuff today, which is good!

But there's always more stuff to do. Bastards!

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2015, 02:43 PM
(08-04-2015 03:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  A desktop what. A fucking desktop desktop? I believe I specified it was my PC, elk...
Oh, and. I can't reply properly to long posts because no bottom of posts for me.

A DESK-TOP. It's PC you place on your DESK. LAP-TOPS are placed on your LAP. I said it sounded like a laptop issue, because laptops are usually more prone to fail, and you already have a desktop one you just said you upgraded. What, are you implying that a laptop isn't a Personal Computer?

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
09-04-2015, 04:19 PM
You know, I have no idea what I'm doing with my life right now, but as of reading muffs bicycle rant... My #1 goal in life is to not personally piss off muffs. Damn, get him! Have you thought of becoming a lawyer? Consider
09-04-2015, 04:21 PM
(09-04-2015 07:06 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(09-04-2015 06:01 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  It depends on how you mean whether I understood the material. Do I understand that in order to convert a mixed number to an improper fraction I need to take the whole, multiply it by the denominator then add the numerator? Yes, I understand it, but that doesn't remotely mean I'll get anything using it right, because I can't manage to do it in my head. That of course gets works when simplifying and cancelling get involved, there I don't have any idea of that's going on. I understand how to go about finding an equivalent fraction, but it takes me too long in my head to come up with possible answers because unlike many, I have to run through every option one by one and bit by bit, adding constantly until I get to the possible numbers needed.

I don't think I would have done better had I more time because my approaches were fundamentally flawed, despite known what I'm supposed to have been doing and extra tuition certainly wouldn't have helped since this all relies on having a brain capable of feats above '2 +2 =... uhh... 4?' or '4x12? Let's see... 4 +4 8 8+4 12+4, 16+4... etc.' and I don't think a tutor, not matter how good, can tute that basic functionality in.

Not entirely related: near the end of the day I got hit by what seems to be a throat infection like a truck. Not I feel bad and need to constantly drink and feel bad... Fantuckingfastic.

There's something else missing here... You do need a tutor. They can help you find the disconnect. And I don't understand why you're trying to work it out in your head? I don't trust working complex numbers in my head for tests, nor for calculating doses at work.

I can't do 3 6/17 x + 7 34/43 y = 47 or something similar in my head either, but you shouldn't need a calculator to figure it out. A lot of times sitting down one on one with someone is really helpful - they watch you solve the problem and see where you miss steps/ make errors/ get hung up. I usually start with a suuuuper simple version but have the person work it out even if they can do it in their head so a. I can see the thought process and b. help them get the flow of how to work it when you just add bigger numbers. 3 1/2 x + 1 2/3 y = 6 looks a lot less messy but is worked exactly the same as the one above.

*Shoot the prof an email or better yet go during office hours for face time (this works to your benefit at the end of the semester if there is a little wiggle room for extra credit or a borderline final average) and ask for some recommendations.*

Heart Feel better soon! Blink Gotta stay away from those girls gone wild. Laugh out load

We had a mono outbreak my sophomore year of college. Being in an exclusive relationship, staying outta my dorm by shacking up at his place, and refusing to share drinks with my roomies or his spared me from that one. Tongue

Man I miss college, good times.

Edited to remove random winkie emoticon.

Well Nurse, I'm have to do it in my head because calculators are verboten. Naturally I can use paper and write stuff down, but I still need to do it in my head ultimately.

Thanks for the well-wish. I suspect that I've got me a bout of tonsillitis... again... so It'll be a while before I feel better. Get it every damn year, often multiple times, and the docs never move to get rid of the things...

On the plus side, I've got a doc appointment tonight and have got my hands on a replacement laptop until I can get my PC back up. It's a piece of shit, but better than nothing.

(09-04-2015 02:43 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 03:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  A desktop what. A fucking desktop desktop? I believe I specified it was my PC, elk...
Oh, and. I can't reply properly to long posts because no bottom of posts for me.

A DESK-TOP. It's PC you place on your DESK. LAP-TOPS are placed on your LAP. I said it sounded like a laptop issue, because laptops are usually more prone to fail, and you already have a desktop one you just said you upgraded. What, are you implying that a laptop isn't a Personal Computer?

My laptop was already dead, and still is, additionally I have always referred to my laptop and desktop differently.
As a side note, I more commonly use laptops on desks anyway.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Formal complaint lodged. Talked to the shopping centers managers answering machine and everything so hopefully he gets back to me. Fuck this fat fuck.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
09-04-2015, 08:13 PM
today was shit

except for being able to see my best friend

but besides that I want to drown myself in NyQuil