Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-04-2015, 08:05 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(12-04-2015 07:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So, I could get a full time job.
They're wanting people at work to transfer to other stores around the city because where I work is going out of business and we're "overstaffed" (even though we're actually understaffed but whatever). They're not forcing people to transfer, just asking for volunteers but fuck me if it means I get a full time job I'll take it.

Get it in writing before you agree to anything.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2015, 08:26 PM
(12-04-2015 08:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-04-2015 07:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So, I could get a full time job.
They're wanting people at work to transfer to other stores around the city because where I work is going out of business and we're "overstaffed" (even though we're actually understaffed but whatever). They're not forcing people to transfer, just asking for volunteers but fuck me if it means I get a full time job I'll take it.

Get it in writing before you agree to anything.

I'll no doubt have to sign a new contract so I will have it in writing.
12-04-2015, 10:15 PM
It's cold, make it warm again.
It was cold as balls yesterday and it's cold as balls again. Winter's coming I suspect.
13-04-2015, 02:05 AM
Ugh. My neighbors the past two nights have been bitches - I wish I had some say over who I get to work with. Almost makes me wish I had a job that didn't involve working with people. Like tinkering in my basement being a recluse that builds shit.

Can't wait til August when this group of prima donnas leaves for CRNA school. They've got such giant sticks up their asses I'm tempted to call a professional tree removal company. There's no need for being catty. None. They're just downright hateful and snotty...about everything. I just don't get it.

WTF was I thinking when I chose nursing, a female dominated profession, when I don't get along with most women?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
13-04-2015, 07:16 AM
(13-04-2015 02:05 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Ugh. My neighbors the past two nights have been bitches - I wish I had some say over who I get to work with. Almost makes me wish I had a job that didn't involve working with people. Like tinkering in my basement being a recluse that builds shit.

Can't wait til August when this group of prima donnas leaves for CRNA school. They've got such giant sticks up their asses I'm tempted to call a professional tree removal company. There's no need for being catty. None. They're just downright hateful and snotty...about everything. I just don't get it.

WTF was I thinking when I chose nursing, a female dominated profession, when I don't get along with most women?

Like most everything: it seemed like a good idea at the time. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-04-2015, 07:25 AM
(13-04-2015 02:05 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Ugh. My neighbors the past two nights have been bitches - I wish I had some say over who I get to work with. Almost makes me wish I had a job that didn't involve working with people. Like tinkering in my basement being a recluse that builds shit.

You should actually do that.

nurse: "yes, tree removal guy?"
tree removal guy: "ah yes, you said there was a large branch you needed removing..?"
nurse: "yes, right this way please."
*nurse and tree removal guy walk to bitch in question.
nurse: "there it is, if you could remove it from her ass that would be great thanks"
*nurse smiles and walks away.

So the thing about me getting a full time job is a bust. The store they want people to transfer too is a) full of mormons and is strict as hell, and b) is too far away.

Apparently the store I want to transfer too might have open positions in the future though.
13-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Ranting corner
Corporate Guy: Wait, how about <Young Lady>? How much longer is she allowed to work?

Clockwork: Very long. The government extended protected status for El Salvadorans. She's fine.

New Boss (today was first day): Oh, good, those people usually work harder.

Those people.

Says it twice.

The fuck?
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
13-04-2015, 04:50 PM
(13-04-2015 02:31 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Corporate Guy: Wait, how about <Young Lady>? How much longer is she allowed to work?

Clockwork: Very long. The government extended protected status for El Salvadorans. She's fine.

Those people.

Says it twice.

The fuck?

He means El Salvadorians.
13-04-2015, 04:52 PM
(13-04-2015 04:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 02:31 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Corporate Guy: Wait, how about <Young Lady>? How much longer is she allowed to work?

Those people.

Says it twice.

The fuck?

He means El Salvadorians.

To be fair the most badass person I have ever met was a 67 year old El Salvadoran Grandmother who worked 3 jobs.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-04-2015, 04:59 PM
See, those people do work hard.