Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-03-2012, 07:22 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Nerve of some people, saying I'm cheating on my Gwynnies by looking at Melissa. There's been like three hours of looking at Melissa, Kristen Stewart and Ashley Greene over the past month... and over three hours of looking at the Gwynnies this morning; the only difference being the first three don't make it hard to breathe and stuff. Tongue

Cannot imagine how a girl would not love to spin a guy like Gwynnies spins me after nearly twelve years. Really, now. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-03-2012, 03:29 PM
We have newbies at work. Every two weeks. Which is fine, I like newbies, honestly and without sarcasm. Newbies are cute.

BUT

There is the Kurt!!! And the KURT I do not like!!!!

Here comes the Kurt-Rant:
When the new newbie group started last week Monday my Teamlead asked me if it would be ok to give me a newbie for 2 hours to show him some stuff. So on Tuesday the Kurt came to me. About 50 years old, in good shape over all, smells like beer, is totally hyper but drinks one can of coke after the other, will not let you finish an explanation before asking the next question, does not take notes, comes closer and closer and has to tip your arm all the time. Leans back in his chair instead of looking at the screen where the stuff is happening.

The Kurt got the desk right next to me!
So now I got to learn about his willingness to work. They get training of a week. That means they learn about workflow and policies etc and in the afternoon they come upstairs and work under supervision for about 2 hours.
When I started in this company I couldn't wait to get on my computer and try on my own. I had the policies etc open in a tab while working and was constantly looking stuff up (taking the time as long as my stats don't count). But the Kurt does not make any notes, does not look up anything, he will ask the same question 5 times because he is not paying attention when he gets something explained.
When he is not supervised he will lean back and stare blankly at the screen or he will play drums on the table.
I am fine being asked questions even though I am not a mentor yet but being interrupted for shit that is so obvious that I was able to think about it on my first day at the desk, sorry, that annoys me because it takes my time when not nessasary. If he would even read the sheet that he got from the teamlead which has some of the most important details on.
Today the teamlead came to give him some feedback, sitting next to him of course i heard every word. She told him what he has to look up in the policy because he makes so many mistakes, and he had lots of wrong answers in the quiz all newbies have to take. He had a whole day of time and he did not open the fucking policy once BUT he kept interrupting the two mentors no matter what they where doing and when they where in a meeting he kept interrupting me.
And that constant babbling and drumming is so annoying. and the smell, did I mention that? First week he was wearing the same shirt the whole week, same finger nail dirt the whole week, beer smell....
Why would you go to work like that?
At least change your shirt every two days or something, some basic hygiene.
I would love to go on with my rant but I think I am boring you already, so I will stop now with a big fat

BAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
13-03-2012, 03:35 PM
I foresee in my infinite sanguinity that The Kurt will not be employed much longer.

I hope.

Then again, maybe not. I think it might be better that The Kurt stays for a long time to give you much more Rant Fodder!

My advice, get an air freshener and put it where he can't find it. Cool

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-03-2012, 03:37 PM
When Kurt isn't paying attention, do this:

[Image: I40d9.gif]

It will make you feel better. Big Grin It's a stress-relief trick that's hundreds of thousands of years old.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
13-03-2012, 05:03 PM
oh erxomai the airfreshener might help, the other day he farted IN THE OFFICE

- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
13-03-2012, 05:09 PM
(13-03-2012 05:03 PM)Leela Wrote:  oh erxomai the airfreshener might help, the other day he farted IN THE OFFICE

Audibly?

Did he cheer for himself, or did he excuse himself? I mean, every once in a while accidents happen...
13-03-2012, 05:32 PM
couldn't hear but smell very well. acted as if nothing happened. btw at that moment he was the only one near and I am for sure not farting in the office.

- Wotsefack?! -
13-03-2012, 06:01 PM
I think I may well have competition over a lady Im taking out tommorow.

GGGGRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr AngryAngryAngry

However I am a gentleman.......... and I shall win the day through the power of woooooo

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
13-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Thumbs Up RE: Ranting corner
(13-03-2012 06:01 PM)bemore Wrote:  I think I may well have competition over a lady Im taking out tommorow.

However I am a gentleman.......... and I shall win the day through the power of woooooo

Good luck Bemore!
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
13-03-2012, 06:20 PM
(13-03-2012 06:17 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(13-03-2012 06:01 PM)bemore Wrote:  I think I may well have competition over a lady Im taking out tommorow.

Good luck Bemore!

Thank you Heart

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.