But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-04-2015, 08:10 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(15-04-2015 05:37 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 05:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Once again, I may or may not get paid tomorrow. The business is doing real well since bringing in the CPA. Dodgy

I told him if I wake up and check my bank and there's no money there, I will be sick tomorrow.

Playing dress-up and the ban on music or anything else via earphones or otherwise is sure making the company more profitable. No

Nice positive work environment they've created there. Sheesh!

The owner came in Monday and commented on how quiet it was in the office - I nearly bit my tongue off to keep myself from telling him it was the sound of depression and despair.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
15-04-2015, 08:36 PM
(15-04-2015 05:29 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(15-04-2015 05:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Cleaning the house...all the shit I totally avoid doing all year because...

Well fuck it.

I don't wanna and it doesn't need to be done usually even monthly.

But now, it's gotta be done.

Do you know the kid's story "If you give a moose a muffin"? Well if you give moms a damp towel....

Yeah it's a circle.

I won't be around much until its done.

Make sure the Jim Beam bottle doesn't collect any dust. Thumbsup

No moss ever gathers on that rolling stone. Smile

I'm already imbibing.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-04-2015, 09:03 PM
I was thinking today about how how crappy my history classes were in school. From like 6th through 12th grade, I remember learning only about US history and US govt. I had one world history class, which pretty much just centered around Europe and the middle east, but that's it. What did I learn about Russia? Nothing much, except the wars that involved the US. China and Japan: same thing. Australia: absolutely nothing. India: no idea. But I did have to learn the names of all the men who signed the US Constitution, because apparently that's important.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
15-04-2015, 09:17 PM
(15-04-2015 09:03 PM)cactus Wrote:  I was thinking today about how how crappy my history classes were in school. From like 6th through 12th grade, I remember learning only about US history and US govt. I had one world history class, which pretty much just centered around Europe and the middle east, but that's it. What did I learn about Russia? Nothing much, except the wars that involved the US. China and Japan: same thing. Australia: absolutely nothing. India: no idea. But I did have to learn the names of all the men who signed the US Constitution, because apparently that's important.

Pretty sure all I covered was the War of Northern Aggression and Anne Frank. I didn't even take history my senior year of high school - I had "government and economics", complete waste, learned nothing, apparently we have three branches of government, cause I didn't learn that in, oh I dunno, third grade. What do you expect when all of your history teachers just want to coach basketball and football and had to get a degree teaching "something."

I had great history teachers in 7th and 8th grade, though. In 7th we did world history (that's the only time I covered world hx in secondary school) and covered world religions.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
16-04-2015, 09:51 AM
(15-04-2015 09:03 PM)cactus Wrote:  I was thinking today about how how crappy my history classes were in school. From like 6th through 12th grade, I remember learning only about US history and US govt. I had one world history class, which pretty much just centered around Europe and the middle east, but that's it. What did I learn about Russia? Nothing much, except the wars that involved the US. China and Japan: same thing. Australia: absolutely nothing. India: no idea. But I did have to learn the names of all the men who signed the US Constitution, because apparently that's important.

Hm, now that I think of it, I pretty much learned the exact same things. Guess they just go over the US history with a brief overview of World History and leave the rest of history for you to go out and find yourself.

I honestly don't remember many details of anything I learned in History. I do remember dressing up for a decades party though. I had to dress from the 80s. Rolleyes

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
16-04-2015, 10:10 AM
I remember my history teacher in high school was a tremendous tool.
16-04-2015, 10:22 AM
When you realize you have an essay due at 5:30 today and you haven't written any of it.
16-04-2015, 12:47 PM
I feel fucking useless, and it is worst when your friends say what you want to do is pretty much useless

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
16-04-2015, 01:31 PM
(16-04-2015 12:47 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I feel fucking useless, and it is worst when your friends say what you want to do is pretty much useless

What bullshit is this? Come on fella. You're a hotshot. Spelling could use some work Wink but your metazoa info is frikken interesting Smile What do your friends know? If they bring you down, that ain't friendship.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post