Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-10-2012, 06:21 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(07-10-2012 07:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I wonder if I could go like 3 days with only posting pictures on the whole forum? Consider

[Image: d8b.png]

Or three days without posting at all?Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-10-2012, 07:55 PM
(08-10-2012 06:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 07:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I wonder if I could go like 3 days with only posting pictures on the whole forum? Consider

[Image: d8b.png]

Or three days without posting at all?Consider

nigga please, let's not be silly.
Find all posts by this user
08-10-2012, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 09:04 PM by earmuffs.)
So been looking at businesses for sale.
People can a little deceptive if you ask me.
I'm looking at a petrol station for sale. They boast $1.95million in just petrol sales (per annum), but as someone who has worked in the gas industry and knows how to run a petrol station I know that the profit on petrol is so small. So I did a few calculations, and sure you may sell $1.95mill in petrol, but only $80,000 of that is actual profit. And then if the lease is $46k a year, and then it's 100% staff managed which will mean like at least 6 staff which at around 35K each a year is around $210K in staff.
So now the $720K in goods sales has to make a profit of $176K in order to break even. So the price you charge has to be marked up 25% just to break even.
Actually that sounds about right considering when I worked everything was marked up like 50%...

Hmm...

I wanna message the person listing this business now but wtf do I say?
Obviously there are a lot of questions that I would need to ask, firstly why the seller is selling, but other financial stuff as well, but also does this business owner do all the accounting or does he/she have an accountant.
I can't help but think the seriousness of my consideration will be lost once my current situation comes to air (21year old, hasn't even finished university yet, doesn't own a suit or any assets. Though the bank should be able to lend with the business being the security for the loan.).
08-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Stupid clouds! It's a meteor shower and the northern lights are on red alert and there are clouds! I've been waiting for years for an epic night shot and every time something exciting happens the weather doesn't cooperate! AngryAngryAngry Sad
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
08-10-2012, 09:28 PM
(08-10-2012 09:17 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Stupid clouds! It's a meteor shower and the northern lights are on red alert and there are clouds! I've been waiting for years for an epic night shot and every time something exciting happens the weather doesn't cooperate! AngryAngryAngry Sad

Suppose I shouldn't mention then that it's a very nice day today without a single cloud in the sky then huh..

If it's any consolation, the left side of my jaw has been killing me for the last 4 days.
08-10-2012, 11:15 PM
(08-10-2012 09:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 09:17 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Stupid clouds! It's a meteor shower and the northern lights are on red alert and there are clouds! I've been waiting for years for an epic night shot and every time something exciting happens the weather doesn't cooperate! AngryAngryAngry Sad

Suppose I shouldn't mention then that it's a very nice day today without a single cloud in the sky then huh..

If it's any consolation, the left side of my jaw has been killing me for the last 4 days.

Tooth ache or sinus infection? That sucks, pain is the only thing I fear.

It's okay that your weather is nice, enjoy it.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
08-10-2012, 11:25 PM
(08-10-2012 09:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

That's from keeping your mouth open for too long Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
09-10-2012, 12:20 AM
I think it's my wisdom tooth, it doesn't look right in the mirror, looks like it's coming up into the back of my mouth.
Like literally into the gum bit at the back.
09-10-2012, 04:37 AM
I hate it when websites or my internet bugs out, fuck up or generally refuse my entry to an area I could previously use, for no reason.... can't even check my own damn early posts....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-10-2012, 05:05 AM

You have obviously angered the gods. Make a sacrifice.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post