Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-04-2015, 03:19 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(30-04-2015 01:22 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm like the cautionary tale of what not to do. Cause that's what every little girl dreams of being when she grows up. Divorced with a kid and working in a different state to afford to pay the bills and develop a resume to one day make a decent income that doesn't involve wiping asses.

Perhaps it's not your average little girl's dream, but can it be at all realistically said that should they get to princess status that they'd be at all functionally relevant or useful to society?

Drinking Beverage

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
30-04-2015, 05:22 AM
When you wake up at 7am to prepare to leave for your 8am exam and then you check your phone and realize your 8am exam isn't until Tuesday.

Cool
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
30-04-2015, 05:34 AM
(30-04-2015 05:22 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  When you wake up at 7am to prepare to leave for your 8am exam and then you check your phone and realize your 8am exam isn't until Tuesday.

Cool

What about when such an event occurs?

You have yet to finish the thought!

Goddamned young people!!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-04-2015, 07:21 AM
(30-04-2015 05:22 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  When you wake up at 7am to prepare to leave for your 8am exam and then you check your phone and realize your 8am exam isn't until Tuesday.

Cool

Not nearly as bad as finding out it was last Tuesday. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
30-04-2015, 09:59 AM
but on top of waking up extra early, I drive to school a few hours later for my computer applications exam and 25 minutes before my exam starts, I spill coffee all over myself in my car.

I'm livin' the life I've always wanted.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
30-04-2015, 03:06 PM
(30-04-2015 09:59 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  but on top of waking up extra early, I drive to school a few hours later for my computer applications exam and 25 minutes before my exam starts, I spill coffee all over myself in my car.

I'm livin' the life I've always wanted.

Wear your coffee with pride. It symbolises your determination Smile

Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-04-2015, 05:09 PM
I swear I am going to have to start drinking.

Again, another payroll week without enough money. Then, I walked out of the bathroom to find police officers in the hallway with an arrest warrant for the owner for non-payment of property taxes...the CPA opted not to pay them till July. Apparently the city wasn't cool with that. Wrote them bad checks to cover it. Yeah, work is just a fucking picnic.

Then hubby decides he can't afford the CT scan the doc ordered and has now given me two entirely different sets of symptoms. When I told him that one doesn't have anything to do with the other he decided it best to shut up.

Anyone want to adopt me?

Calgon take me away...

Fuck it, I need something way stronger than Calgon. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
30-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Re: Ranting corner
When the pot holder wears thin and you don't know it... until you grab a 400+ degree pan. :/ I have a lovely burned strip from the top of my thumb to the middle of my palm.

At least I have really thick skin on my hands; my fingers are just about numb. It looks pretty rough, though.
01-05-2015, 03:03 AM
It's pretty rare that I watch tv. So I'm up tonight trying to keep myself distracted, and watching Dazed and Confused.

Commercial break and an infomercial comes on. For a pedicure foot sander thing. And they showed nasty feet getting sandblasted and all the gross skin shavings. Just ew.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
01-05-2015, 03:31 AM
(01-05-2015 03:03 AM)Nurse Wrote:  It's pretty rare that I watch tv. So I'm up tonight trying to keep myself distracted, and watching Dazed and Confused.

Commercial break and an infomercial comes on. For a pedicure foot sander thing. And they showed nasty feet getting sandblasted and all the gross skin shavings. Just ew.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post