Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-05-2015, 09:24 PM
RE: Ranting corner
I may have had a bit too much absinthe tonight.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Shit. My liquor store only had Becks. They acted like they never heard of Harp! WTF?

Now all I want to do is watch Nazi documentaries. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
02-05-2015, 09:58 PM
I hope this whippoorwill in my backyard gets laid soon Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Dex's post
02-05-2015, 10:26 PM
(02-05-2015 09:24 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I may have had a bit too much absinthe tonight.

Easy to do, gotta be careful with that stuff, reaaallllly high proof. One absinthe cocktail and I'm done for the night. They're fun to make though - I like the whole dissolve the sugar cube and watch the absinthe turn from clear to cloudy aspect of it. It feels like chemistry class, but you don't die some horrific death if you drink it - could be dangerous for your ear, though Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
02-05-2015, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 10:39 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(02-05-2015 10:26 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 09:24 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I may have had a bit too much absinthe tonight.

Easy to do, gotta be careful with that stuff, reaaallllly high proof. One absinthe cocktail and I'm done for the night. They're fun to make though - I like the whole dissolve the sugar cube and watch the absinthe turn from clear to cloudy aspect of it. It feels like chemistry class, but you don't die some horrific death if you drink it - could be dangerous for your ear, though Tongue

Never liked absinthe, mainly because I've never liked liquorice.

Yeah, not a fan of anise-flavored anything.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-05-2015, 10:36 PM
Arghhh. I hate job applications. I swear, sometimes I think HR just makes them so long and complicated just to make sure you really, really want the job. They need an ADHD friendly application - surely that's covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, right? "We had 2 out of 371 qualified applicants complete the application. Eenie meenie miney mo, I think I'll forward applicant number 2's resume to the unit manager."

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
02-05-2015, 10:42 PM
(02-05-2015 10:26 PM)Nurse Wrote:  

Thankfully I'm no stranger to absinthe, both good and bad. Years ago on my birthday, some buddies made an entire night of it since it's also a holiday. One guy ordered absinthe, tried for about half an hour to drink it, couldn't, and offered it to me. I downed it in one gulp. (It wasn't that much.)
03-05-2015, 02:17 AM
(02-05-2015 10:36 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Arghhh. I hate job applications. I swear, sometimes I think HR just makes them so long and complicated just to make sure you really, really want the job. They need an ADHD friendly application - surely that's covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, right? "We had 2 out of 371 qualified applicants complete the application. Eenie meenie miney mo, I think I'll forward applicant number 2's resume to the unit manager."

Arghh$@"&Angry*#%Censored MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

I just spent the last 2 hours on the online resume page with the hospital's website updating my address, finding and entering my supervisors name/number/email, and typing in my job duties/accomplishments...and when I hit save...it said I timed out and NOT ONE FUCKING BIT FUCKING SAVED! I couldn't even retrieve it with the back button. Now I have to locate the phone number/email address again, and pull all the shit out of my ass with the equipment/disease process/ and procedures I perform and assist with unique to my job in the flowery resume lingo. GOD DAMMIT!!! Angry

Any manager with half a brain doesn't need my job duty list anyway, it's just jumping hoops. Me: I work for *** Hospital - a world renowned level I teaching hospital in the CVICU. Manager: Ok - good - you should be familiar with what we do on our CVICU, then. Me: Yep. Manager: You're hired. Me: Fantastic, where do I sign?

Did I mention I hate job applications? I hate interviews even more - they make me nervous, even if I do really well in them.

[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
03-05-2015, 03:29 AM
(03-05-2015 02:17 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Arghh$@"&Angry*#%Censored MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

I just spent the last 2 hours on the online resume page with the hospital's website updating my address, finding and entering my supervisors name/number/email, and typing in my job duties/accomplishments...and when I hit save...it said I timed out and NOT ONE FUCKING BIT FUCKING SAVED! I couldn't even retrieve it with the back button. Now I have to locate the phone number/email address again, and pull all the shit out of my ass with the equipment/disease process/ and procedures I perform and assist with unique to my job in the flowery resume lingo. GOD DAMMIT!!! Angry

Any manager with half a brain doesn't need my job duty list anyway, it's just jumping hoops. Me: I work for *** Hospital - a world renowned level I teaching hospital in the CVICU. Manager: Ok - good - you should be familiar with what we do on our CVICU, then. Me: Yep. Manager: You're hired. Me: Fantastic, where do I sign?

Did I mention I hate job applications? I hate interviews even more - they make me nervous, even if I do really well in them.

If it makes you feel any better, you're not alone, homie.

Hug

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
03-05-2015, 03:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 03:39 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(03-05-2015 02:17 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 10:36 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Arghhh. I hate job applications. I swear, sometimes I think HR just makes them so long and complicated just to make sure you really, really want the job. They need an ADHD friendly application - surely that's covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, right? "We had 2 out of 371 qualified applicants complete the application. Eenie meenie miney mo, I think I'll forward applicant number 2's resume to the unit manager."

Arghh$@"&Angry*#%Censored MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

Enter all that info into a Google Doc (they auto-save as you type).

Ctrl+C

Ctrl+V

Post.

Profit?

Also, just out of curiosity, are you part of the health-care mecha that is western Pennsylvania and the rest of the surrounding areas (Allegheny County, Butler County, Pittsburgh)?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post