Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-05-2015, 03:39 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-05-2015 03:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Enter all that info into a Google Doc.

Ctrl+C

Ctrl+V

Post.

Profit?

Yeah, that's what I do for the essential information and resume. Fortunately as a sound designer, the portfolio is a little easier to come by. But I can also understand Nurse's frustration, because some forms either do not allow pasting or are full of shitty CSS drop-downs and radials that are not remembered.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
03-05-2015, 04:05 AM
(03-05-2015 03:39 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 03:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Enter all that info into a Google Doc.

Ctrl+C

Ctrl+V

Post.

Profit?

Yeah, that's what I do for the essential information and resume. Fortunately as a sound designer, the portfolio is a little easier to come by. But I can also understand Nurse's frustration, because some forms either do not allow pasting or are full of shitty CSS drop-downs and radials that are not remembered.

Agreed, it was real shitty to lose all of that work. So sometime when I'm writing a really long post, I'll put it into Goggle Docs first so that in case something does happen and I lose the post, I still have the original. It's also where I keep my current resume because I can access it from basically any web browser.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-05-2015, 04:38 AM
I typed all that shit out on my iPhone - I left my laptop in Alabama. Sad

And yes. Tons of drop downs and whatnot. You can't just upload your resume and be done with it. I'll type it out my job description in my notes and copy paste...tomorrow.

EK - nope. I work in the south.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
03-05-2015, 04:51 AM
(03-05-2015 03:39 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  because some forms either do not allow pasting or are full of shitty CSS drop-downs and radials that are not remembered.

To be fair "remembering" is not really a built in feature with HTML forms nor does CSS provide functionality. For that PHP is required which is a really messy and sometimes frustrating language to use.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
03-05-2015, 05:22 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 05:27 AM by Nurse.)
(03-05-2015 04:51 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 03:39 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  because some forms either do not allow pasting or are full of shitty CSS drop-downs and radials that are not remembered.

To be fair "remembering" is not really a built in feature with HTML forms nor does CSS provide functionality. For that PHP is required which is a really messy and sometimes frustrating language to use.

I understand computer lingo (although I understand the commands CTRL+C and CTRL+V and HTML) about as well as y'all would understand:

I landed an on pump CABx4 where the Swann was in the RV upon arrival and the patient went into VT. After we pulled back and refloated, I couldn't figure out why my MAPs kept tanking and my CIs sucked despite going up on my Levo with 0.375 of Milrinone and Epi at 2 - it's 'cause the damned manifold was cracked.

I took a computer class as a freshman in high school - but it was just computer history and typing -most of us already knew how to type quickly thanks to AIM, and we all knew what a floppy disc was thanks to Oregon Trail - so it was pretty fucking useless.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
03-05-2015, 05:35 AM
(03-05-2015 05:22 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 04:51 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  To be fair "remembering" is not really a built in feature with HTML forms nor does CSS provide functionality. For that PHP is required which is a really messy and sometimes frustrating language to use.

I landed an on pump CABx4 where the Swann was in the RV upon arrival and the patient went into VT. After we pulled back and refloated, I couldn't figure out why my MAPs kept tanking and my CIs sucked despite going up on my Levo with 0.375 of Milrinone and Epi at 2 - it's 'cause the damned manifold was cracked.

I think I need a translator.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
03-05-2015, 06:03 AM
A browser shouldn't lose the contents of your forms as you navigate from page to page, though. The web developer has do something pretty shitty, or you have to be using a pretty shitty browser in the first place for that to happen. Over-use of AJAX within one page where navigation from page to page would have worked is a likely cause of the problem in this case.

In other words, if you know how to use the back button and the web site still lost your data - neither saving your progress on the server or leaving your progress filled out in the browser - it's not your fault. It's the fault of incompetent web design either by the people developing the web site or the people developing the tools they're using to build it.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
03-05-2015, 06:20 AM
(03-05-2015 06:03 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  A browser shouldn't lose the contents of your forms as you navigate from page to page, though. The web developer has do something pretty shitty, or you have to be using a pretty shitty browser in the first place for that to happen. Over-use of AJAX within one page where navigation from page to page would have worked is a likely cause of the problem in this case.

In other words, if you know how to use the back button and the web site still lost your data - neither saving your progress on the server or leaving your progress filled out in the browser - it's not your fault. It's the fault of incompetent web design either by the people developing the web site or the people developing the tools they're using to build it.

Only issue with using the back button is it may try and resubmit the form automatically. Thats why some websites advise against using the back button when filling out forms and unless your web browse has an autofill setting, it won't remember the info.

03-05-2015, 03:02 PM
I'm the one in green, just so you know. A friend (the one in red) posted this.

Ugh.

[Image: scott-walker-jesus-face_zpslkasuspi.png]
03-05-2015, 03:09 PM
(03-05-2015 05:22 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I landed an on pump CABx4 where the Swann was in the RV upon arrival and the patient went into VT. After we pulled back and refloated, I couldn't figure out why my MAPs kept tanking and my CIs sucked despite going up on my Levo with 0.375 of Milrinone and Epi at 2 - it's 'cause the damned manifold was cracked.

Sounds like the last fishing trip I went on. "So that's your excuse for me spending $300 and not catching shit?"

#sigh