Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-05-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: Ranting corner
I'm a moderator on this one forum I've been on for a few years, and it's like 90% religious people, which is usually fine since most of them are sane and I'm aware of and expecting the inevitable religiousness (the forum is not inherently religious). But some of the members are starting to drive me crazy. Their posts are filled with such stupidity and and ignorance and they're so closed-off to criticism of their opinions.

We have a sub-section for controversial topics where people are required to back up claims with evidence and this one girl thought it was ridiculous that she had to explain herself when everyone that knows her knows that "the Bible is her proof and all her views come from the Bible." Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dex's post
17-05-2015, 10:29 PM
(17-05-2015 06:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 06:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Would you laugh at a crippled child for not being able to walk?

Why, you got a video? Angel

Dodgy

This is why we can not have nice things.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 7 users Like kim's post
17-05-2015, 10:37 PM
(16-05-2015 03:50 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Now, just to anger some of the cleaning obsessed mothers on this forum, here's my room again:

If I wanted to make them mad, I would have taken this picture 30 mins earlier.

That's not so bad. . . it sort of looks like a clean, more neat version of my teenage room.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
18-05-2015, 07:38 AM
Well, lets just say that my chronic fear of using foreign (and particular public) toilets has well and truly been flushed down the toilet.

6 fucking times.

Turns out my fear of crapping my pants (and particularly in public) is greater than foreign toilets.
Even kicked the cleaning lady out of the bathroom at one point.

Also, you now those times when you get home and it's late at night and every small sound you make sounds like a fucking trumpet? Yea, put this and the first thing about public toilets together and use your imagination.

Fucking KFC... y u poison me, I be good to you!

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
18-05-2015, 08:56 AM
I've got a shit ton of stuff to do.

I'll hopefully be around later.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-05-2015, 09:06 AM
(18-05-2015 08:56 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've got a shit ton of stuff to do.

I'll hopefully be around later.

Oh shit. The monkeys get to run the zoo.

Jesusfuckingchrist. Dodgy

Wow Rolleyes who'd have thought that would be accepted in auto-correct? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
18-05-2015, 09:09 AM
Oh, and the whole point or my rant was supposed to be....husband used my car.

He came home saying he did something special for me. He got my car washed!

Then had to run a quick errand, thinking how pretty my car looks when it is all washed. Look down at the gas gage and I'm nearly on empty. Facepalm

So today, on top of all the other crap ive got to do, I've got to get gas.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-05-2015, 02:07 PM
So, my hair stylist insists that an asteroid will hit the earth on September 24.

Sigh.

18-05-2015, 02:10 PM
(18-05-2015 02:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, my hair stylist insists that an asteroid will hit the earth on September 24.

Sigh.

Well if she does not quantify the size then she will probably be right as that is not an uncommon occurrence. More or less every day an asteroid hits the earth, they just tend to burn up in the atmosphere.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-05-2015, 02:10 PM
(18-05-2015 09:09 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh, and the whole point or my rant was supposed to be....husband used my car.

He came home saying he did something special for me. He got my car washed!

Then had to run a quick errand, thinking how pretty my car looks when it is all washed. Look down at the gas gage and I'm nearly on empty. Facepalm

So today, on top of all the other crap ive got to do, I've got to get gas.

My dad always makes sure mom's car is filled up, the oil is changed, washed, etc. How many times did my ex do something thoughtful like that? Zero.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman