Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-05-2015, 05:55 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So I broke down and told my husband about the tooth. Sad

He forced me to call the dentist. He said its completely ironic that it's one month before we go to California. Just like last year.

What good is the fucking crown? I thought I'd be pain free. Fucking bullshit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Re: Ranting corner
My SO texts earlier saying: "are we still going to Florida this weekend?"

What a dick. He said something about it, once, three months ago. Not a word since.

So yeah, I'm sure he's going. He has the time off scheduled. Me? I already agreed to pet-sit an ailing kitten that needs meds, cleaning, etc. several times a day. Did I mention he's a dick?
20-05-2015, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2015 06:25 PM by cactus.)
I mean.... I love Ellen Degeneres so much, but scientifically illiterate punchlines to jokes really rub me the wrong way. Just sayin'

I get that it's meant to be slightly tongue-in-cheek/sarcastic (at least I hope it was), but still it's an audience full of Americans, so I'm sure a lot of them could stand to learn a thing or two about vestigial organs, and how evolution doesn't work with a "destination" in mind.

Also, "Some scientists believe..." Ugh, someone please hire a science adviser for her writers. Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
20-05-2015, 07:42 PM
(20-05-2015 05:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So I broke down and told my husband about the tooth. Sad

He forced me to call the dentist. He said its completely ironic that it's one month before we go to California. Just like last year.

Don't feel bad. Hug I gotta visit the dentist soon, too. Sadcryface

20-05-2015, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2015 07:57 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(20-05-2015 07:42 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(20-05-2015 05:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So I broke down and told my husband about the tooth. Sad

Don't feel bad. Hug I gotta visit the dentist soon, too. Sadcryface

Yeah...but.....I was just there! Weeping

Edited to add Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-05-2015, 08:13 PM

That's why I don't fuck with those restorative measures other than cavity fillings. $2000 for a crown and I still might get complications later or $75 to yank it. No brainer.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-05-2015, 11:16 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhh shit.. a girl whom I have known for some time (a friend of my sisters) whom I get along with very much and whom I like as she's funny as hell and good to talk too etc.. We always get along very well and hang out and chat and stuff whenever we meet (which her being a family friend is fairly regularly). Anyway... she just asked me out.

*grrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn*

single most awkward moment of my life. What the fuck do I do?
She asked me over FB (I hate FB) and I think she saw in the side panel bit that I was online, so she knows I'm online and have seen her message (because it comes up *read* when you see it. But I haven't replied.)

ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk this is so god damn awkward!

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
20-05-2015, 11:19 PM
(20-05-2015 11:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ohhhhhhhhhhhh shit.. a girl whom I have known for some time (a friend of my sisters) whom I get along with very much and whom I like as she's funny as hell and good to talk too etc.. We always get along very well and hang out and chat and stuff whenever we meet (which her being a family friend is fairly regularly). Anyway... she just asked me out.

*grrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn*

single most awkward moment of my life. What the fuck do I do?
She asked me over FB (I hate FB) and I think she saw in the side panel bit that I was online, so she knows I'm online and have seen her message (because it comes up *read* when you see it. But I haven't replied.)

ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk this is so god damn awkward!

Just be nice and explain it to her. You can be a sweety when you want to.
20-05-2015, 11:32 PM
I told her I'm a vegetarian (because it's partially true anyway).

[Image: oscar.png]
20-05-2015, 11:36 PM
(20-05-2015 11:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I told her I'm a vegetarian (because it's partially true anyway).

Aw man, now she'll think you don't like her.