Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-05-2015, 06:10 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(21-05-2015 05:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 04:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So chicken is vegetarian?

No, vegetarian is asexual.
A probably more accurate term for me would be an anorexic that likes the look of chicken.

Quote:Women ask men out with no ulterior motives, all the time. Sex doesn't always have to be a factor in wanting to hang out with someone. Besides, she probably knows you're gay anyway- thats really a comfortable relationship for you both - no pressure. Also, it's a good way to exchange information and safely network.

It's a jungle out there. Wink

She already asked me earlier to hang out which I had agreed too. She than asked me if I liked her in that way and if yes would I like to go out with her.

It was pretty clear.

She's a family friend and my sisters best friend AND she worked in my job before me and is friends with all my work colleagues. Yea, there's no way I'm telling her I'm gay. Last thing I want is to be known as the token gay and everyone being all douchey and trying to set me up with their faggoty gay boy cousins because "OMG they're both gay! they're made for eachother!" *throws up a little*

I don't want to deal with all that shit (not the homophobia because that I could deal with. It's all the "special treatment" that would drive me up the fucking wall.). I'm happy people thinking I'm just shy and can't get a girlfriend thus why I don't have one. I don't wanna throw "ohhh it's just because he liked the D, so why doesn't he have a boyfriend?" into the mix and start this crap all again.
I have come to learn that people just can't grasp the concept that I just wanna be alone and that I have no interest in that part of life. It baffles them.

Ah, I see. Well then, make it very clear that ... "No," you are not interested in her "in that way." Nothing further needs to be said.

If she needs to know more, simply advise her that you really have no interest in anyone "in that way" at this time in your life. That's pretty clear... and frankly, it's an admirable and honest position on the matter. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2015, 06:18 PM
(21-05-2015 06:08 PM)pablo Wrote:  So you're fine if she feels rejected?

People feel rejected all the time. At least an honest rejection is better than dating someone for a while and then getting dumped, only to find out they didn't really want to go out in the first place, they just did it to be nice.

No one wants their time wasted so insincerely. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
21-05-2015, 06:34 PM
(21-05-2015 06:18 PM)kim Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 06:08 PM)pablo Wrote:  So you're fine if she feels rejected?

People feel rejected all the time. At least an honest rejection is better than dating someone for a while and then getting dumped, only to find out they didn't really want to go out in the first place, they just did it to be nice.

I wasn't thinking he should date her, maybe more of an explanation than just no.
21-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Ranting corner
Now I'm just hungry.
21-05-2015, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2015 08:47 PM by kim.)
(21-05-2015 06:34 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 06:18 PM)kim Wrote:  People feel rejected all the time. At least an honest rejection is better than dating someone for a while and then getting dumped, only to find out they didn't really want to go out in the first place, they just did it to be nice.

I wasn't thinking he should date her, maybe more of an explanation than just no.

So, then one of those ... "It's not you, it's me" ... kind of things? Thats cool - and kind of what I mean, actually. As long as the other party has no reason to hold out hope.
Some die-hard romantics can be that way ... only to discover disappointment.

Experience whispered that to me just now. Wink

[+] 3 users Like kim's post
21-05-2015, 08:42 PM
(21-05-2015 06:08 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 05:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  No, vegetarian is asexual.
A probably more accurate term for me would be an anorexic that likes the look of chicken.

She already asked me earlier to hang out which I had agreed too. She than asked me if I liked her in that way and if yes would I like to go out with her.

It was pretty clear.

She's a family friend and my sisters best friend AND she worked in my job before me and is friends with all my work colleagues. Yea, there's no way I'm telling her I'm gay. Last thing I want is to be known as the token gay and everyone being all douchey and trying to set me up with their faggoty gay boy cousins because "OMG they're both gay! they're made for eachother!" *throws up a little*

I don't want to deal with all that shit (not the homophobia because that I could deal with. It's all the "special treatment" that would drive me up the fucking wall.). I'm happy people thinking I'm just shy and can't get a girlfriend thus why I don't have one. I don't wanna throw "ohhh it's just because he liked the D, so why doesn't he have a boyfriend?" into the mix and start this crap all again.
I have come to learn that people just can't grasp the concept that I just wanna be alone and that I have no interest in that part of life. It baffles them.

So you're fine if she feels rejected?

Yip.
21-05-2015, 10:21 PM
(21-05-2015 08:41 PM)kim Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 06:34 PM)pablo Wrote:  I wasn't thinking he should date her, maybe more of an explanation than just no.

So, then one of those ... "It's not you, it's me" ... kind of things? Thats cool - and kind of what I mean, actually. As long as the other party has no reason to hold out hope.

It's not me though.
21-05-2015, 10:25 PM
(21-05-2015 10:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 08:41 PM)kim Wrote:  So, then one of those ... "It's not you, it's me" ... kind of things? Thats cool - and kind of what I mean, actually. As long as the other party has no reason to hold out hope.

It's not me though.

It's all you.
22-05-2015, 07:40 AM
(21-05-2015 10:25 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 10:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's not me though.

It's all you.

No it's not.

So I got asked by a work colleague if I would like to go to an out of town party tomorrow.

What the fuck is this world coming too?
22-05-2015, 09:07 AM
(21-05-2015 10:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 08:41 PM)kim Wrote:  So, then one of those ... "It's not you, it's me" ... kind of things? Thats cool - and kind of what I mean, actually. As long as the other party has no reason to hold out hope.

It's not me though.

Oh but, it is you entirely. She may seem to be an oger to you and everyone you know BUT ... one day, she will meet that one person who likes ogers. YOU and your beating around the bush, is just wasting her time. She may need to go through numerous applicants to get to that ogerlover.

Get to the point and don't waste a woman's time. I realize your X chromosome finds it difficult to comprehend but Tick fucking tock.

[+] 2 users Like kim's post