Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-05-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(21-05-2015 03:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, in other news I'm back from the dentist.

She really doesn't think a root canal is needed -- no infection or signs of one. My teeth are all quite healthy. Undecided. The crown wasn't deep or complicated either -- which is why she didn't recommend it to begin with.

The tooth with the crown is bruised because I favor that side for chewing and clench my teeth when I sleep at night.

She did a bite adjustment shaved off a bit -- said it will take a couple weeks to heal.

Then we talked about using a mouth guard when I sleep. If it helps save me from future problems I'll do whatever.

Its adorable Dodgy fits on my front teeth. Guess it will also help with my tension headaches I get when I get stressed out over crap like this. Undecided

Whatever no root canal....need to focus on the good.

She said to keep taking Advil as needed too...

I have been quite surprised at how much difference is made by an adjustment on a crown or filling. Sure doesn't seem like that should make that much difference or cause that much discomfort but it can.

Makes me nuts when they want you to tell them how your bite feels when they have filled your mouth with Novocaine and everything feels wrong.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Ranting corner
*ring*ring*
Hello, you've reached Clockwork's office.

"This the legal department. Blahblah told us you can help us. She's not sure how to help."

Sure, if I can. What do you need?

"We need a copy of every time an employee clocked in or out."

Hm. Doesn't seem to be a huge problem. What pay period?

"2014. And probably back to 2011 if need be."

O.o

Seems our resident troublemaker decided, among other shit, she was made to work on the sabbath. She's a Seventh Day Adventist, so we're talking Friday evening to Saturday evening. Like a good personnel guy, I now go to the archived print box, copy, and then fax 2014 to them.

"Hello, legal."

Hey, it's Clockwork. Fax coming your way, so make sure you load up on paper. [She laughs.] By the way, I feel obligated to tell you this, but she's lying. I had specifically told the past bosses I used to be affiliated with a church that followed the same sabbath rules. They never scheduled her on Friday. I told them to avoid any issues, she should only open on Friday if at all. And from what I see, she never worked Thursday or Friday.

"Really... Mind if we call you with any questions to clarify those religious issues?"

Feel free.

And a good chunk of my day for an idiot who is using her religion to make an empty claim with the EEOC and her attorney. She erroneously thought we don't save personnel files.

Booya.
[+] 7 users Like Clockwork's post
22-05-2015, 01:59 PM
(21-05-2015 08:41 PM)kim Wrote:  Experience whispered that to me just now.

Yabut who listens to it, Kimmie Rolleyes

From Blake’s aptly named Songs of Experience

‘Love seeketh not itself to please,
Nor for itself hath any care,
But for another gives its ease,
And builds a heaven in hell’s despair.’

So sung a little clod of clay,
Trodden with the cattle’s feet,
But a pebble of the brook
Warbled out these metres meet:

‘Love seeketh only Self to please,
To bind another to its delight,
Joys in another’s loss of ease,
And builds a hell in heaven’s despite.’

Or maybe you’d prefer this Tongue

"Ah, sunflower, weary of time,
Who countest the steps of the sun;
Seeking after that sweet golden clime
Where the traveller’s journey is done;

Where the Youth pined away with desire,
And the pale virgin shrouded in snow,
Arise from their graves, and aspire
Where my Sunflower wishes to go!"

Someone’s been practicing the fucking drums for two days! [Image: angry-smiley.gif]

Thank god those ain’t my neighbours, ‘cause there would have been blood!

[Image: giphy.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
22-05-2015, 02:46 PM
(22-05-2015 01:38 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  *ring*ring*
Hello, you've reached Clockwork's office.

"This the legal department. Blahblah told us you can help us. She's not sure how to help."

Sure, if I can. What do you need?

"We need a copy of every time an employee clocked in or out."

Hm. Doesn't seem to be a huge problem. What pay period?

"2014. And probably back to 2011 if need be."

O.o

Seems our resident troublemaker decided, among other shit, she was made to work on the sabbath. She's a Seventh Day Adventist, so we're talking Friday evening to Saturday evening. Like a good personnel guy, I now go to the archived print box, copy, and then fax 2014 to them.

"Hello, legal."

Hey, it's Clockwork. Fax coming your way, so make sure you load up on paper. [She laughs.] By the way, I feel obligated to tell you this, but she's lying. I had specifically told the past bosses I used to be affiliated with a church that followed the same sabbath rules. They never scheduled her on Friday. I told them to avoid any issues, she should only open on Friday if at all. And from what I see, she never worked Thursday or Friday.

"Really... Mind if we call you with any questions to clarify those religious issues?"

Feel free.

And a good chunk of my day for an idiot who is using her religion to make an empty claim with the EEOC and her attorney. She erroneously thought we don't save personnel files.

Booya.
Beautiful.
22-05-2015, 04:48 PM
(22-05-2015 09:07 AM)kim Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 10:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's not me though.

Oh but, it is you entirely. She may seem to be an oger to you and everyone you know BUT ... one day, she will meet that one person who likes ogers. YOU and your beating around the bush, is just wasting her time. She may need to go through numerous applicants to get to that ogerlover.

Get to the point and don't waste a woman's time. I realize your X chromosome finds it difficult to comprehend but Tick fucking tock.

I told her I was a vegetarian the other day when she asked me.
I'm not beating around the bush, it was resolved.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
22-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Got called at 1715 while on the interstate en route to work and told I was placed on call and likely wouldn't be called in. Cool - I've got over 100 vacation hours to burn that I won't have the opportunity to use before I lose them next month.

Get called at 1800 - whoops, just kidding, you gotta come in. Dodgy

Way to get me all excited about going for a run, hanging out at a coffee shop, going shopping for some red/white/blue running clothes for Monday's race, doing some writing... See, already had like five hours of my night planned out.

Ah well. Maybe somebody will code tonight. I need some excitement - charting my hourly ins and outs gets old.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
22-05-2015, 06:58 PM
(22-05-2015 01:59 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 08:41 PM)kim Wrote:  Experience whispered that to me just now.

Yabut who listens to it, Kimmie Rolleyes

From Blake’s aptly named Songs of Experience

‘Love seeketh not itself to please,
Nor for itself hath any care,
But for another gives its ease,
And builds a heaven in hell’s despair.’

So sung a little clod of clay,
Trodden with the cattle’s feet,
But a pebble of the brook
Warbled out these metres meet:

‘Love seeketh only Self to please,
To bind another to its delight,
Joys in another’s loss of ease,
And builds a hell in heaven’s despite.’

Or maybe you’d prefer this Tongue

"Ah, sunflower, weary of time,
Who countest the steps of the sun;
Seeking after that sweet golden clime
Where the traveller’s journey is done;

Where the Youth pined away with desire,
And the pale virgin shrouded in snow,
Arise from their graves, and aspire
Where my Sunflower wishes to go!"

Someone’s been practicing the fucking drums for two days! [Image: angry-smiley.gif]

Thank god those ain’t my neighbours, ‘cause there would have been blood!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Next doors dogs were really rowdy last nightFacepalm
Still the house is to be knocked down for flats shortly and I'll lose some sun.
'Life wasn't meant to be easy.....but child it can be delightful" Malcolm Fraserl
22-05-2015, 09:18 PM
(22-05-2015 01:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 03:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, in other news I'm back from the dentist.

She really doesn't think a root canal is needed -- no infection or signs of one. My teeth are all quite healthy. Undecided. The crown wasn't deep or complicated either -- which is why she didn't recommend it to begin with.

The tooth with the crown is bruised because I favor that side for chewing and clench my teeth when I sleep at night.

She did a bite adjustment shaved off a bit -- said it will take a couple weeks to heal.

Then we talked about using a mouth guard when I sleep. If it helps save me from future problems I'll do whatever.

Its adorable Dodgy fits on my front teeth. Guess it will also help with my tension headaches I get when I get stressed out over crap like this. Undecided

Whatever no root canal....need to focus on the good.

She said to keep taking Advil as needed too...

I have been quite surprised at how much difference is made by an adjustment on a crown or filling. Sure doesn't seem like that should make that much difference or cause that much discomfort but it can.

Makes me nuts when they want you to tell them how your bite feels when they have filled your mouth with Novocaine and everything feels wrong.

I know. I'm wearing down the enamel on my other teeth, but the crown won't wear down. So it needed adjustment.

I really can't believe the difference. It's still tender and a bit achy but nothing like before.

I react badly to novocaine/or whatever they use....yeah another reason to hate the dentist.

Bring on the nitrous oxide! Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

23-05-2015, 03:25 PM
Soooo....right before I hit reply on my last post, someone knocked on the door. I opened the wood door but spoke through the storm door when I saw it was my step-grandfather.

My (step) dad has been in my life since I was 2. His dad never cared to learn my name. Today is the fifth time in my life that I've seen him. One time he thought I was my mom (she's fucking blonde for christ's sake - our smile is the only physical attribute we share - not to mention I was 17).

I answered the door and he said "Is [my dad] around?" Me - "No, may I help you?" "I'm his dad. Well is [my mom] home?" "No - she's at work, too." Come to think of it - it's Saturday and neither are at work - ah well. They're probably out at the farm, which he doesn't need to know exists.

So here's a lovely tidbit of my living elderly male grandparents: maternal grandfather - love love love him, other than his racist right wing conservative propaganda. Paternal grandfather - haven't seen him since my wedding (his choice, not mine) and he lives just a few miles from my house. Step paternal grandfather - he's the inspiration for this rant. Aaaand my step step grandfather - verbally abusive asshole and yet I'm the only person in the family he is nice to, we've gotten along quite well since I got upset with him when I was 12 for talking ugly to my grandmother - I was all of 5'2" at the time and he was 6'7". Arghhh - now why couldn't I have stood up for myself like that?

To think I thought I had a normal family growing up.

Calgon - take me away.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
23-05-2015, 04:31 PM
That awkward moment when your flatmate wakes you up and nek minute there's a cop in your room giving you a court summons. >< God damn it, he could have waited till AFTER 11am, let me sleep ffs.

On the up side, I get to go to court! Big Grin

[Image: oscar.png]