Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-05-2015, 09:27 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Oh my god I'm so bored. I've had my patient settled for an hour. I've had nothing to do for an hour. My other bed is empty. I don't have shit to do until 0400, just q4 vitals, and no am meds. No drips. Not even oxygen. This is going to be the longest night ever - I've still got 9 hours left in my shift.

I *like* to be busy at work. Not run around like a chicken with it's head cut off busy, but enough to where I can't play on TTA until the charting system goes down at 0300. If I wanted to work with step down patients, I'd work in step down. I like to take patients barely hanging on, and then see improvement throughout my shift, not "why the fuck are you still in the hospital" patients.

I wish I were in the ED right now. Gimme an MVC, GSW, unresponsive, full arrest...something fun.

Hell, I'd prefer taking a GI bleed over this. This is like pure torture.

Maybe somebody will code on the floor so I can go play in my other room.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2015, 01:27 AM
(26-05-2015 09:27 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Oh my god I'm so bored. I've had my patient settled for an hour. I've had nothing to do for an hour. My other bed is empty. I don't have shit to do until 0400, just q4 vitals, and no am meds. No drips. Not even oxygen. This is going to be the longest night ever - I've still got 9 hours left in my shift.

I *like* to be busy at work. Not run around like a chicken with it's head cut off busy, but enough to where I can't play on TTA until the charting system goes down at 0300. If I wanted to work with step down patients, I'd work in step down. I like to take patients barely hanging on, and then see improvement throughout my shift, not "why the fuck are you still in the hospital" patients.

I wish I were in the ED right now. Gimme an MVC, GSW, unresponsive, full arrest...something fun.

So, what you're saying is that you prefer it when people are suffering in your presence?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-05-2015, 02:18 AM
(27-05-2015 01:27 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 09:27 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Oh my god I'm so bored. I've had my patient settled for an hour. I've had nothing to do for an hour. My other bed is empty. I don't have shit to do until 0400, just q4 vitals, and no am meds. No drips. Not even oxygen. This is going to be the longest night ever - I've still got 9 hours left in my shift.

So, what you're saying is that you prefer it when people are suffering in your presence?

Pretty much. God dictated mankind should suffer. So my fuck you to god is
helping those who are suffering pull through or easing the suffering as they die, since he sure as hell doesn't do a damn thing...almost as if there were no god...

And intubated, sedated patients don't talk or press the call button.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
27-05-2015, 08:44 AM
It's pretty rare that I'm afraid of house spiders. They chill in the corners and eat bugs - no big deal. But OH MY GOD IT WAS FUCKING HUGE AND IT ALMOST BROKE MY VAGINA! Why the fuck was it so damn big and how did I not see it when I sat down? I saw it in the toilet bowl as I was getting ready to flush. Not cool. I checked and made sure i didn't somehow get bitten without realizing it.

27-05-2015, 08:54 AM
(27-05-2015 08:44 AM)Nurse Wrote:  It's pretty rare that I'm afraid of house spiders. They chill in the corners and eat bugs - no big deal. But OH MY GOD IT WAS FUCKING HUGE AND IT ALMOST BROKE MY VAGINA! Why the fuck was it so damn big and how did I not see it when I sat down? I saw it in the toilet bowl as I was getting ready to flush. Not cool. I checked and made sure i didn't somehow get bitten without realizing it.

Are you saying you got fucked by a spider? Blink

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-05-2015, 09:01 AM
(27-05-2015 08:54 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 08:44 AM)Nurse Wrote:  It's pretty rare that I'm afraid of house spiders. They chill in the corners and eat bugs - no big deal. But OH MY GOD IT WAS FUCKING HUGE AND IT ALMOST BROKE MY VAGINA! Why the fuck was it so damn big and how did I not see it when I sat down? I saw it in the toilet bowl as I was getting ready to flush. Not cool. I checked and made sure i didn't somehow get bitten without realizing it.

Are you saying you got fucked by a spider? Blink

Man they really are going gritty for the Spiderman reboot. Drinking Beverage

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-05-2015, 09:14 AM

So you found a creeper spider who likes watching women go potty.

[Image: australia-spider-toilet-roll.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
27-05-2015, 09:29 AM
Scheduled the appointment for my vehicle. Holy crap the hoops I had to jump through.

Fucking stupid. After all that they didn't have a saturday appointment. So, I'm stuck with going on Friday...

FML

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-05-2015, 01:31 PM
(27-05-2015 09:14 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  

So you found a creeper spider who likes watching women go potty.

[Image: australia-spider-toilet-roll.jpg]

That's close what the damn thing looked like - just half that size, which is still pretty big when you're not expecting it. Weeping

27-05-2015, 04:39 PM
My brother said he would rather have a PS4, which is good if he did not add unless we get xbox live back. Just need to keep off live until september.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube