• 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-10-2012, 11:23 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Hey Muffs,

Have you got a credit history? Have you got collateral? Have you got money saved up? Have you previously owned a business? Is there anyone to go guarantor for you?

I don't think any bank will lend you money without some/all of those... good luck with that.
Unless the banks in NZ work way differently to the ones here in Oz Huh

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
12-10-2012, 12:39 AM
Not to mention insurance... you'll need a shit load of insurance to own any business having to do with petrol. Then there's the insurance for the sale of goods - that's going to be a separate thing. Here in the US cigarettes and alcohol carry a tariff all their own and you need a license to sell them... don't know about NZ.

Just make a standard inquiry about past decade revenue, square footage of property and utilities, area taxes, find out about future development in the surrounding area - you'll want to know about future revenue potential. Just wing it Muffy, you'll be fine. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-10-2012, 01:37 AM
(11-10-2012 11:26 PM)aurora Wrote:  Hey Muffs,

Have you got a credit history? Have you got collateral? Have you got money saved up? Have you previously owned a business? Is there anyone to go guarantor for you?

I don't think any bank will lend you money without some/all of those... good luck with that.
Unless the banks in NZ work way differently to the ones here in Oz Huh

Yes, it's good actually, haven't defaulted on any payments or anything.
No, unless you count a 9K motorbike but a 9k motorbike wont hold up against a 400k business... But banks will lend you money with the business being the security.
No, I have zero money. Zero. I'm actually 4,000 in the red, but the overwhelming majority of that is motorbike (personal loan from the bank was WAY cheaper then fiance). No, I'm 21. Maybe my parents, but I wouldn't ask them too in case I do fuck up, that would be unfair on them.

I'm kinda banking (pun intended) on the bank accepting the business as security for the loan. They advertise they do so..
I think if there is any problems it would be in my personal life, like with my living situation, my current financial situation etc.. But the purpose of this business is to change that anyway, to have a better living and financial situation so I don't see that as too much of a problem.

I can't imagine the banks here work differently to Oz considering all the banks here bar one (state owned enterprise) are pretty much Aussie owned.
Don't know till you try.

Quote: Not to mention insurance... you'll need a shit load of insurance to own any business having to do with petrol. Then there's the insurance for the sale of goods - that's going to be a separate thing. Here in the US cigarettes and alcohol carry a tariff all their own and you need a license to sell them... don't know about NZ.

Just make a standard inquiry about past decade revenue, square footage of property and utilities, area taxes, find out about future development in the surrounding area - you'll want to know about future revenue potential. Just wing it Muffy, you'll be fine. Coffeedrinker

Thats what I gotta find out. But the good thing is that all that (insurance, licensing etc..) will already be in place and I'll be able to see all of that on the balance sheet.

I can't imagine there would be any future developments. Wellington never changes. Ever. One key thing I have to find out about however is earthquakes. Wellington is well overdue for a large earthquake, and with NZ's second biggest city being flattened by 2 6 and 7 magnitude earthquakes September year before last and February last year...
Also, tobacco is going through a 'fazing out' period here. Tobacco will be banned in this country some time in the near future (2020 perhaps, around there) so I'll have to take all that into account too.

Just winging it was half the plan.
To be honest, 'just wing' is always half the plan.
12-10-2012, 05:03 AM
As long as you do all your homework you should be right, Muffin Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
12-10-2012, 05:27 AM
(12-10-2012 05:03 AM)aurora Wrote:  As long as you do all your homework you should be right, Muffin Thumbsup

Please... Don't say homework... Undecided

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-10-2012, 05:42 AM
(12-10-2012 05:03 AM)aurora Wrote:  As long as you do all your homework you should be right, Muffin Thumbsup

Indeed.

Quote:Please... Don't say homework...

Here's how you deal with that.

teacher: "Did you do your homework Free Thought?"
you: "Nope."
teacher: "why the fuck not?"
you: "Because homework is for teachers who can't control the class room and get through all the material they're suppose to. So it's not my problem that you can't control the class and teach in an efficient manner. So how do you expect me to do my homework and put in some effort when you yourself do a sub-par job"
teacher: "you are absolutely right Free Thought. You now never have to do homework ever again".

Legit brah.
12-10-2012, 05:48 AM
If I said that to a teacher, I would get probably get my first justified detention, I'm pretty sure the jokers who run the my state's education board force homework on schools. We can only get so much done in 50 minutes, regardless of student behaviours.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-10-2012, 05:51 AM
Yeah I'm sure there is probably some in debt educational purpose for it. But I never did it and I'm smarter then 90% of shit heads my age.

Plus, half the shit they teach at school is useless anyway. Like when I was in school I thought that is just something old people said because they're dumb or something, but legit, half the shit is useless.
12-10-2012, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 06:46 AM by Free Thought.)
Schools teaching unneeded stuff? Never!

I just hope my subjects next year wont be full of unnecessary bullshit. At least I hope my Bio, Sci-studies and modern history courses next year are free of it...

I can't comment on being smarter than 90% as you said, I've no experience there.... Though I do get asked why I am "so smart" (usually after I say something science-y around my friends, happened at lunch today in fact). I fully and readily admit, I'm as fucking stupid as a brain damaged brick. I just know some things.

After all, the acquisitions of knowledge and use of said are two very separate things

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post