Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-06-2015, 05:29 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-06-2015 05:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 05:22 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  She would, for about 2 seconds. The same goes for any other person watching. The rest of her attention would be spendt towards thinking "Don't fuck up. Don't fuck up."

I don't think either of you are awful people. However, I think it might be possible that your daughter wants to spend more time with you now because she has a guilt trip about not having time for you in your recovery. Just a thought.

You are a good person to see it that way...I know she wants a trip paid for by me. Undecided

Has your daughter always behaved like this, as an adult?

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2015, 05:34 PM
(03-06-2015 05:29 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 05:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You are a good person to see it that way...I know she wants a trip paid for by me. Undecided

Has your daughter always behaved like this, as an adult?

Yes, and she gets worse, not better. She is nearly 38 and acts more and more like a petulant child.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
03-06-2015, 05:41 PM
(03-06-2015 05:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 05:29 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Has your daughter always behaved like this, as an adult?

Yes, and she gets worse, not better. She is nearly 38 and acts more and more like a petulant child.

Have you told her she has issues before? Maybe she needs a sit down, and let her know you won't tolerate this kind of behavior towards you.

03-06-2015, 05:45 PM
(03-06-2015 05:41 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 05:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yes, and she gets worse, not better. She is nearly 38 and acts more and more like a petulant child.

Have you told her she has issues before? Maybe she needs a sit down, and let her know you won't tolerate this kind of behavior towards you.

I try to keep the peace, although it's getting to the point where I am going to have to have that sit down.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

03-06-2015, 05:46 PM
(03-06-2015 05:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 05:41 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Have you told her she has issues before? Maybe she needs a sit down, and let her know you won't tolerate this kind of behavior towards you.

I try to keep the peace, although it's getting to the point where I am going to have to have that sit down.

Do what you have to do. The truth will hurt, I'd reckon there's gonna be fallout after it.

03-06-2015, 05:58 PM
(03-06-2015 05:46 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 05:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I try to keep the peace, although it's getting to the point where I am going to have to have that sit down.

Do what you have to do. The truth will hurt, I'd reckon there's gonna be fallout after it.

Yeah, it's ridiculous that I literally hide from her when I can. Two years ago when I made a trip to the east coast by myself, she now tracks my every move so I don't leave town without her. That's why I cancelled my trip scheduled for the end of the month. I don't want, or need, the BS that would follow.

03-06-2015, 07:06 PM
(03-06-2015 04:32 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Shittiest shitty shit fucking day ever. I want to just go to sleep, but then that means as soon as I wake up I'm right back at work again.

Sad Hug

Normally, the trucks can be loaded in the wide ass open space of outside! A task not unachievable by moderately trained monkeys! But when it rains, every single one of those trucks must be loaded inside the precariously confined space of the warehouse! A task, apparently, only one man can manage! And it rained ALL! DAY! Weeping

I pull into the drive-way about 7:45-ish, get out of my car, and look to the west... the sun is shining at me! Mocking me! MOCKing me, it is!!!! Angry

But now our watch has ended! Hug Heart

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
04-06-2015, 04:29 AM
Angry

I'm still hot over my son being introduced to the new woman so early. He gets attached to people so easily. He's still navigating the waters of Mommy and Daddy don't live together. A person that is likely not going to be a long term fixture in his life has no business being introduced to my son in a motherhood role. He has enough instability in his life as it is.

I'm trying sooooo hard not to post this http://dadsdivorce.com/articles/when-sho...irlfriend/ to Facebook tagging him with a "Fuck you, asshole. Enjoy Disney with our son and your girlfriend, my dearest husband. When he gets older and has issues with women, he'll have you to thank for that, as well. Great job, Dad!" Probably not the best idea. So I will refrain. But I reaaaallly want to...

Also, my work schedule got moved around. Now I'm working on both my wedding anniversary and the day after. I was kinda hoping to get rip-roaring drunk and do something all dramatical like burning my wedding pics or have a divorce party.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
04-06-2015, 05:19 AM
Ranting corner
Don't burn the pics! Your son may want them when he is grown. It is still his dad even though you hate him now.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
04-06-2015, 05:32 AM
Sacrifice the mementos, allow them to fall unto ash and cinder by the warmth of the purging Flame.
Allow yourself the closure that only the glorious incandescence of the all-purifying Flame can provide.

Regret your decisions later.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.