Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-06-2015, 04:49 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Only two weeks left to be moved into new place to give us a week to spot clean old place....and it's too bloody hot. This is oregon for fuck sake...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2015, 04:59 PM
(08-06-2015 04:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sliced my forearm open with the Woodsman's Pal while attacking the vines.
I barely touched it to my arm (accidentally), but I had recently sharpened it.

Ouch, be careful! Didn't you just get that thing?
08-06-2015, 07:55 PM
"Sometimes it may take up to 7 days for your ticket to appear in our systems. However, if you fail to pay your ticket within 14 days, you must pay an additional $25"

Well get your shit together Atlanta, because it's been 8 days and I'd really like to know why my ticket still isn't appearing in your systems. I mean, it's only a $25 dollar parking ticket, but it'd be really awesome if I could just pay the $25 instead of $50 because Atlanta's shitty website fucks ass.
08-06-2015, 10:03 PM
(08-06-2015 07:55 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  "Sometimes it may take up to 7 days for your ticket to appear in our systems. However, if you fail to pay your ticket within 14 days, you must pay an additional $25"

Well get your shit together Atlanta, because it's been 8 days and I'd really like to know why my ticket still isn't appearing in your systems. I mean, it's only a $25 dollar parking ticket, but it'd be really awesome if I could just pay the $25 instead of $50 because Atlanta's shitty website fucks ass.

Just write to them and tell them you had to park there in an emergency while you rushed into a nearby shop to pick up a relative (brother/sister) from work because your mother/father was involved in an accident and was in the hospital.

Works every time. Worst case scenario is they say no and you have to pay the ticket (which you're gonna pay anyway). Oh and if pressed for evidence just say it turned out to be a false alarm.

pro tip: if you have your emergency lights on they can't ticket you. Of course don't do this and walk around town for hours on end because your battery will go flat. But still, pro tip.

I really detest parking tickets so the more people that can get off them the better IMO.

[Image: oscar.png]
08-06-2015, 11:39 PM
The dog is hunting zombies again.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-06-2015, 09:31 AM
Someone posted this on FB today. I hate this form of shaming people for expressing their sexuality and making other people feel superior for suppressing theirs. I used to be that "good apple" and I thought I was better than the "rotten apples." I have a good friend who would've been considered "easy" before she got married, and she's absolutely one in a million and the furthest thing from being rotten. It's a shame that some people have this mind set that seems to come from the middle ages.

I'm okay with people who want to "save themselves." I just hate when sex becomes evil and people are made to be trash for having sex.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 3 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
09-06-2015, 09:34 AM
(08-06-2015 04:59 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 04:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sliced my forearm open with the Woodsman's Pal while attacking the vines.

Ouch, be careful! Didn't you just get that thing?
I'm quite sure he was born with his forearm.
[+] 4 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
09-06-2015, 09:35 AM
Had to look up what a Woodsman's Pal. Looks like something that could do some damage. Is sliced open as bad as it sounds?
09-06-2015, 11:49 AM
(09-06-2015 09:35 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
Had to look up what a Woodsman's Pal. Looks like something that could do some damage. Is sliced open as bad as it sounds?

Probably not - it didn't cut muscle, just skin. It's a long, but not very deep, slice.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2015, 11:52 AM
(09-06-2015 11:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 09:35 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Had to look up what a Woodsman's Pal. Looks like something that could do some damage. Is sliced open as bad as it sounds?

Probably not - it didn't cut muscle, just skin. It's a long, but not very deep, slice.
Glad to hear. (^_^)