Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-06-2015, 12:02 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(09-06-2015 09:35 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 04:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sliced my forearm open with the Woodsman's Pal while attacking the vines.
I barely touched it to my arm (accidentally), but I had recently sharpened it.
Had to look up what a Woodsman's Pal. Looks like something that could do some damage. Is sliced open as bad as it sounds?

In this case a Woodsman's Pal would have been a first-aid kit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
09-06-2015, 05:40 PM
Have I ever expressed to you people how much I hate my job?
If not, I hate my job. The people are idiots. Management sucks. My team leader has extremely poor time management skills, though I suspect she doesn't really and it's all on purpose to squeeze more work out of us. She's really pissing everyone off. And this is a heavily unionized workforce... But nobody who should say anything, my supervisors whom are one step below her and one above me, will say anything. And I don't wanna say anything because I rely on being called up for work and there are plenty of people to call up so I very much enjoy being top of that list currently.

I mean calling me and one of my work colleagues who were doing the rubbish at 10 to 1 (we finish at 1) to say we need to do the sweep once we've finished with rubbish...! BITCH! WE FINISH AT 1 AND IT TAKES HALF AN HOUR TO SWEEP!! There's 4 very capable people upstairs who could have been sweeping this whole time but noooooooo...
Me and this work colleague of mine constantly get the raw end of the stick. "do this" "do that" "HURRY UP!!" "YOU HAVE HALF AN HOUR!!!" It's driving me, and the rest of the team, fucking mad.

I think it's gonna have to be me who says something. That lot are useless and I think they look up to me (because I'm awesome like that) as a sort of pseudo leader. Gonna have to sit the team leader down and be like "bitch, you're driving everyone crazy.. stop it!". (paraphrasing obviously.)
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-06-2015, 05:47 PM
Earmuffs...Hug
Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-06-2015, 06:04 PM
[Image: 61EWc6V90XL._SX258_BO1204203200__zps7unyixrh.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
09-06-2015, 06:40 PM
(09-06-2015 05:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Have I ever expressed to you people how much I hate my job?
If not, I hate my job. The people are idiots. Management sucks. My team leader has extremely poor time management skills, though I suspect she doesn't really and it's all on purpose to squeeze more work out of us. She's really pissing everyone off. And this is a heavily unionized workforce... But nobody who should say anything, my supervisors whom are one step below her and one above me, will say anything. And I don't wanna say anything because I rely on being called up for work and there are plenty of people to call up so I very much enjoy being top of that list currently.

I mean calling me and one of my work colleagues who were doing the rubbish at 10 to 1 (we finish at 1) to say we need to do the sweep once we've finished with rubbish...! BITCH! WE FINISH AT 1 AND IT TAKES HALF AN HOUR TO SWEEP!! There's 4 very capable people upstairs who could have been sweeping this whole time but noooooooo...
Me and this work colleague of mine constantly get the raw end of the stick. "do this" "do that" "HURRY UP!!" "YOU HAVE HALF AN HOUR!!!" It's driving me, and the rest of the team, fucking mad.

I think it's gonna have to be me who says something. That lot are useless and I think they look up to me (because I'm awesome like that) as a sort of pseudo leader. Gonna have to sit the team leader down and be like "bitch, you're driving everyone crazy.. stop it!". (paraphrasing obviously.)

I have complete confidence that you could professionally lay a proper smack down if you had to address all this stuff with management. I just don't know if your manager could take it. No matter how reasonable you are.

Undecided good luck Hug
09-06-2015, 06:48 PM
(09-06-2015 05:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Have I ever expressed to you people how much I hate my job?

Remember Muffs, before you confront her, do a silly dance first.

I understand it is tradition in Kiwiland.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-06-2015, 07:13 PM
OK, fine, you want me to letter your comic book that looks like it's made for kids. Not a problem. But goddamn dude give me some fucking room for the dialogue & captions. And do not use so much text in one panel. Where the hell do you think that text has to go?? I wish my skills were up to par enough to talk to connections in the mainstreams. Because at least they'd insure I had room to put shit in.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
09-06-2015, 07:41 PM
(09-06-2015 07:13 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  OK, fine, you want me to letter your comic book that looks like it's made for kids.

... Comic sans?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
09-06-2015, 08:41 PM
(09-06-2015 07:41 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 07:13 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  OK, fine, you want me to letter your comic book that looks like it's made for kids.

... Comic sans?
You realize how much you deserve a slap, right?

But seriously... For this one I'm using Mighty Zeo because I wanted lowercase.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
09-06-2015, 09:09 PM
So, got work again tonight which is all well and good. Doing 4-8 which is nice because that controlling bitch of a team leader of mine isn't in charge of me because I'll be on security and there's only 1 dude in charge of security and he'll be gone at 5 meaning I'll be in charge of security which means I can't be bossed around. And when that bitch inevitable asks me if I can keep working stocking shelves and shit till 1 (though more like 1:20 when she's on because that's the time we fucking get out of there...) I'm gonna tell her to "go fuck yourself" (paraphrasing a little) because I'm good for hours this week. All bills are covered. And than she'll be a person down because she didn't bother to arrange anyone to cover my supervisors shift, despite knowing he wont be there tonight, because she thought she could just ask me at 8 as I'm on my way out the door and I'll roll over and say yes. NOT TONIGHT BITCH! FUCK YOU AND YOUR WHORISH TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS, GO FUCK YOURSELF!

It really fucking bothers me when they ask me last minute (literally). I'm happy to work I just wanna know in advance... I don't wanna literally be out the door, like.. literally out the door... and THEN be asked to extend my shift...

They put too much pressure and stress on the team and the lowly pleb, like myself and the majority of my co-workers. It's not good for our health to be stressed out that much all the time. The simple truth is that we're not all there for the good of the company, we don't give a shit about the company, we're there because we need money to rent and shit. They don't seem to be able to grasp this. Management seem to think that we SHOULD pretty much die for the company. Fuckers can go to hell.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post