Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-06-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Now to go stand at the elevator for 4 hours greeting customers, checking bags and shit.

Living the dream... *blows brains out*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
09-06-2015, 09:43 PM
My mom cooking a special meal for my kiddo because he didn't bother to eat at suppertime. Facepalm

He popped up and asked my mom for something else (much later after suppertime) and she said "Momma can fix it for you" - I told him I wasn't cooking jack-shit and he could have a bowl of cereal if he was hungry now, but then here she goes a little bit later and is going to cook him something herself. Dodgy

Just a little bit longer until you move out, EA. Just hold out 'til then.

(In case it's unclear, the reason for my agitation is that when she does this, she makes me feel like a shit mom because I'm not doing the short-order cook thing for my kids like she did with me and my brother. It was a bad habit for her then, and it's a bad habit now.)

09-06-2015, 09:47 PM
So blonde am I, had no clue why hubby gave me a Popsicle to suck on.

Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-06-2015, 09:47 PM
(09-06-2015 09:43 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  My mom cooking a special meal for my kiddo because he didn't bother to eat at suppertime. Facepalm

He popped up and asked my mom for something else (much later after suppertime) and she said "Momma can fix it for you" - I told him I wasn't cooking jack-shit and he could have a bowl of cereal if he was hungry now, but then here she goes a little bit later and is going to cook him something herself. Dodgy

(In case it's unclear, the reason for my agitation is that when she does this, she makes me feel like a shit mom because I'm not doing the short-order cook thing for my kids like she did with me and my brother. It was a bad habit for her then, and it's a bad habit now.)

Ooooh man. I would have blown my top of I were you. Calm breaths Sleepy Heart Big Grin

Don't for a second feel like a shit mom. You did the right thing, and it sucks to be undercut like that when you're trying to teach your kids a lesson. Hug

You got this, you're an amazing awesome mom!!
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
09-06-2015, 09:50 PM
(09-06-2015 09:43 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  My mom cooking a special meal for my kiddo because he didn't bother to eat at suppertime. Facepalm

If my kids don't want to eat whatever I've cooked, then they are introduced to mr peanut butter. They do it themselves.

Yeah, I know my kids are older now, but it's always been the rule even when they were little. Smile cereal, peanut butter...whatever...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-06-2015, 09:52 PM

Well I think that SHE is the "bad" mother (I don't know her so can't really say if she's a bad mom or not).

I really don't agree with cooking for him after he has refused to eat at dinner. All it teaches him is that if he say no to dinner he can get something later.

You can't talk with her about stuff like this? You should really be the one making such decisions like that especially since you are living there. If it was when you visited I wouldn't care as I see it as a grandparent perk in such circumstances.
09-06-2015, 10:47 PM
TWO DAYS BEFORE STEVE VISITS AND I WAKE UP PUKING MY BRAINS OUT

OF ALL THE TIMES I SHOULD GET SICK

Shy
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
09-06-2015, 10:51 PM
(09-06-2015 08:41 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 07:41 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  ... Comic sans?

You realize how much you deserve a slap, right?

But seriously... For this one I'm using Mighty Zeo because I wanted lowercase.

I was just guessing the font! Sadcryface

...I just looked up Mighty Zeo.

Actually looks kinda like comic sans to me...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-06-2015, 10:52 PM
(09-06-2015 10:47 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  TWO DAYS BEFORE STEVE VISITS AND I WAKE UP PUKING MY BRAINS OUT

OF ALL THE TIMES I SHOULD GET SICK

Shy

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
10-06-2015, 05:50 AM
(09-06-2015 09:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

If my kids don't want to eat whatever I've cooked, then they are introduced to mr peanut butter. They do it themselves.

Yeah, I know my kids are older now, but it's always been the rule even when they were little. Smile cereal, peanut butter...whatever...

That's my deal. It's not like if they pass on supper that they then starve or anything. There are other options. It's just, I ain't gonna cook it or prepare it or whatever. If they don't want to eat what's for supper... fine. Scrounge up something else for yourself.

(09-06-2015 09:52 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  

Well I think that SHE is the "bad" mother (I don't know her so can't really say if she's a bad mom or not).

I really don't agree with cooking for him after he has refused to eat at dinner. All it teaches him is that if he say no to dinner he can get something later.

You can't talk with her about stuff like this? You should really be the one making such decisions like that especially since you are living there. If it was when you visited I wouldn't care as I see it as a grandparent perk in such circumstances.

You're probably right that I *should* speak to her about this, but honestly I do not feel it is worth the hassle. Me and my kids are not going to be living here too terribly much longer and once I'm out, then my rules go back into play and when they visit her, she can have whatever rules she wants.

I am very non-confrontational. Undecided I actually could swear that she and I *have* talked about this before (or at least that she knows my position on it) but she just does what she does. There are any number of things we've had discussions on (she has overstepped her bounds as a grandparent in other situations as well) but she always goes into "well I just love those kids so much" mode and that justifies (in her mind) everything she does. So to me it is it not worth the hassle.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post