Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-06-2015, 02:59 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(19-06-2015 02:52 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 01:03 PM)Nurse Wrote:  In what world is a minivan considered a compact car?!

Fucktard.

When the rental company is out of compacts and still has to honour your reservation?

You didn't see me complaining when I was reluctantly forced to accept a Chrysler 300 for a week instead of a Nissan Versa...

I reserved a compact car once and got "upgraded" to a pickup truck. They made it sound like some kind of a great deal -- "no extra charge" -- but since I had to pay for the gas I used, that wasn't quite true.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2015, 03:01 PM
(19-06-2015 02:59 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 02:52 PM)cjlr Wrote:  When the rental company is out of compacts and still has to honour your reservation?

You didn't see me complaining when I was reluctantly forced to accept a Chrysler 300 for a week instead of a Nissan Versa...

I reserved a compact car once and got "upgraded" to a pickup truck. They made it sound like some kind of a great deal -- "no extra charge" -- but since I had to pay for the gas I used, that wasn't quite true.

Well, yes, there was the 9-10 L/100km instead of 6-7. But that'd be nitpicking.

... this is my signature!
19-06-2015, 03:23 PM
It was parked in a compact car parking space. Thus blocking part of the road and making me have to pick a different farther away parking spot because they took up two spaces when I thought there was one available.

Inconsiderate bastard.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
19-06-2015, 04:16 PM
My tummy hates me. Weeping

I really, really wish I was the type that enjoyed travel.
I'm worried about my dog too -- tho I probably shouldn't be. He starts his own version of a pity party the moment the suitcases start coming out.

Yet, last night he was going down the back stairs to the backyard he stumbled a couple times.

I'm pretty sure it's arthritis, the vet noticed it when he had his check up a month or so ago.

When we come back from the trip, I think I'll ask the vet about some pain meds. I think he just needs it once in a while.

Today he bounced down the steps like nothing and seems much more chipper.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-06-2015, 04:35 PM
(19-06-2015 10:44 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 10:30 AM)Nurse Wrote:  You get good drugs. So there's that.

Indeed. I need to keep my eyes on the opiate-coloured lining in the clouds.

That's the spirit! Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-06-2015, 05:24 PM
(17-06-2015 04:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Owner comes in this morning and says, 'you're early'. I replied that I am always in at that time or before. He says - no you're not. I told him to check the timeclock records.

FUCK - I am in on time every fucking day without fail. Does it matter - no.

Told my boss that I WON'T be giving up my vacation later this month, which I was going to do for the good of the company. It won't be noticed or appreciated and I need a break.

He said he doesn't know why the owner has me on blast but intends to tell him to STFU.

Whole damn day just sucked.

So owner was out of the office yesterday. Today he seemed almost afraid of me. Was polite when asking for things and generally not a dick. Even bought me lunch. I think my boss must have had a talk with him. Perhaps finding out that I said 'fuck it, I am taking my days off and you all can sink or swim without me' made him realize just how often I am there when he needs something.

I made two appointments for the morning of the first day off so I will be unreachable when payroll can't get completed and the fuel cards all get frozen. Bwahahahahahahahaha! Evil_monster

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
19-06-2015, 05:37 PM
(19-06-2015 05:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-06-2015 04:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Owner comes in this morning and says, 'you're early'. I replied that I am always in at that time or before. He says - no you're not. I told him to check the timeclock records.

Told my boss that I WON'T be giving up my vacation later this month, which I was going to do for the good of the company. It won't be noticed or appreciated and I need a break.

He said he doesn't know why the owner has me on blast but intends to tell him to STFU.

So owner was out of the office yesterday. Today he seemed almost afraid of me. Was polite when asking for things and generally not a dick. Even bought me lunch. I think my boss must have had a talk with him. Perhaps finding out that I said 'fuck it, I am taking my days off and you all can sink or swim without me' made him realize just how often I am there when he needs something.

I made two appointments for the morning of the first day off so I will be unreachable when payroll can't get completed and the fuel cards all get frozen. Bwahahahahahahahaha! Evil_monster

I like how they think shit just somehow magically happens. Now he'll get to see how it really works, good for you! Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
19-06-2015, 10:40 PM
(19-06-2015 05:37 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 05:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So owner was out of the office yesterday. Today he seemed almost afraid of me. Was polite when asking for things and generally not a dick. Even bought me lunch. I think my boss must have had a talk with him. Perhaps finding out that I said 'fuck it, I am taking my days off and you all can sink or swim without me' made him realize just how often I am there when he needs something.

I like how they think shit just somehow magically happens. Now he'll get to see how it really works, good for you! Thumbsup

Yeah, I wave my magic wand then sit back and do my nails all day. Girl_nails

My only real worry is the mess I will come back to...ugh!

19-06-2015, 11:33 PM
(19-06-2015 05:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Teach them a lesson they shan't soon forget!

... Perhaps if this keeps up and all goes well, you might need to change your name to Vetinari.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
20-06-2015, 12:31 AM
Nothing in my closet was fitting so I had to go shopping. Tried on every top in my closet that wasn't a t shirt, and ended up having to wear a tee anyway.

I think my favorite store is doing vanity sizing now. Fucks with my head. I realize I've lost a good bit of weight, but surely not THAT much - I'm not damn cachectic like last time I wore these sizes. Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. In fact, I don't recall ever wearing an xxs before - not even when I weighed 97 pounds. Dodgy There should be goddamn consistency with sizing.

Also, haven't gotten called in yet tonight. The inconvenience of being on call is worth much more that $2/hr.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman