Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-06-2015, 04:14 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Why in the fuck can you not just go do the errands you need to do any more without being accosted? The grocery store I go to is bad about boy and girl scouts, school groups, Salvation Army bell ringers....and on and on.

I don't mind that they are trying to raise money but must I be swarmed not only going in but also coming out of the store? I finally talked to the manager about it and it turns out that the grocery store chain allows them to be there but off to the side and ambush technique is a no-no.

So I go the their gas station and am descended upon by no less than three salesmen. There is a tent set up and it's obvious is some breast cancer thing (at least they are using it to draw interest). So I am filling my car and some young guy is spraying foam on my window, door, wheel, headlight...all while doing his spiel about this wonder product. So I ask about the tie to breast cancer and he says 98 cents of every dollar goes to breast cancer research...raised eyebrow on my part. I said that I wanted to see who they give this money to. We walk to the table where there's a big sign that says 50 cents of every dollar goes to research. I ask about that - seems he was mistaken. I asked who this organization is that the money goes to. He hands me a laminated letter from some organization I have never heard of. I said I wanted to look into it because if I am going to give money to a cause I want to make sure it's a good organization and all the money isn't going to some CEO's salary.

He starts getting huffy and then tries guilt...that's a dandy selling point. His boss is walking over because he sees things aren't going well. Kid tells me to call the number with my phone. I said no, I would go home and look it up and if it looked legit I may be back. I point to my car and ask him if he sees what's on my back window. It's a breast cancer ribbon with 'survivor' on it. Then I show him my tattoo. I state again that if I am going to give money I want it to go to research...really go to research. Young guy is really pissed by then and then storms off. I looked at his boss and said that I don't need that kind of attitude. I pointed to my chest and said said - see these - man made. I am a breast cancer survivor and I am going to carefully choose where my support goes.

All I wanted to do was fill up my car for the coming week. Goddamn I hate people sometimes.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
20-06-2015, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2015 04:28 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(20-06-2015 04:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 03:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, I think I'm pretty much packed. Got my clothes picked out for the flight, got my purse junk transferred, oh and all the spare change at the bottom of my bag fillled up my tip jar.

I've got to decide if I'm going to bring a light weight sweater that I will not wear except on the plane. Sometimes I get chilly. Blush

Have a great trip! Where ya going?

The happiest place on earth. Disneyland.

We're already arguing about what to do first.

Husband wants to take the train around the park...then walk down main street. I say, we should take the train and get off in New Orleans square and get in line for the haunted mansion -- Hat Box Ghost!!!!!!

He's bargaining with me. He said he'll buy me a balloon and some cotton candy...

Blush

My inner six year old is screaming "YES". Shy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-06-2015, 04:34 PM
(20-06-2015 04:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 04:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  Have a great trip! Where ya going?

Husband wants to take the train around the park...then walk down main street. I say, we should take the train and get off in New Orleans square and get in line for the haunted mansion -- Hat Box Ghost!!!!!!

He's bargaining with me. He said he'll buy me a balloon and some cotton candy...

Blush

Do eeet Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
20-06-2015, 04:52 PM
(20-06-2015 04:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 04:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  Have a great trip! Where ya going?

Blush

You have to stay until dusk when Tinkerbelle appears flying from the castles and then fireworks. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-06-2015, 05:17 PM
(20-06-2015 04:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 04:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The happiest place on earth. Disneyland.

Blush

You have to stay until dusk when Tinkerbelle appears flying from the castles and then fireworks. Yes

I cry when that happens. Shy

Yes, the new parade (60th anniversary) isn't negotiable then fireworks follows.

One thing he really wants to do, is get me on Splash Mountain.

I don't want to go, because I hate rides where I get wet. But, maybe I'll have to...Maybe we can go on it before we get our rooms at the hotel, then I can wash and dry my hair and change my clothes --while they nap.

One ride I refuse to go on is Space Mountain -- it makes me sick.

But they might get me on Star Tours (to be a good sport).

20-06-2015, 05:20 PM
(20-06-2015 05:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  One thing he really wants to do, is get me on Splash Mountain.

I don't want to go, because I hate rides where I get wet. But, maybe I'll have to...Maybe we can go on it before we get our rooms at the hotel, then I can wash and dry my hair and change my clothes --while they nap.

He'll probably suggest (insist?) that you wear a thin, white cotton blouse. Yes

Happy outcomes, y'know. Wink, wink.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-06-2015, 05:32 PM
(20-06-2015 05:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 05:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  One thing he really wants to do, is get me on Splash Mountain.

He'll probably suggest (insist?) that you wear a thin, white cotton blouse. Yes

Omg that explains the top he placed on my clothes (packing) pile. Angel

I'm sure I'll be posting pictures on Facebook of my stupid escapades.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-06-2015, 05:34 PM
(20-06-2015 05:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 05:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  He'll probably suggest (insist?) that you wear a thin, white cotton blouse. Yes

Omg that explains the top he placed on my clothes (packing) pile. Angel

Can I get a friend request? Tongue
20-06-2015, 05:38 PM
(20-06-2015 05:34 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 05:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Omg that explains the top he placed on my clothes (packing) pile. Angel

Can I get a friend request? Tongue

If you can find me...I'll consider letting you into the inner circle.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-06-2015, 05:42 PM
(20-06-2015 05:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 05:34 PM)pablo Wrote:  Can I get a friend request? Tongue

If you can find me...I'll consider letting you into the inner circle.

Psst - hey, pablo. Don't let Moms see us conferring, but what's that information worth to you? Consider

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post