Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-06-2015, 01:23 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Muffs, a relationship is built on both people putting something in. IMO, there is no such thing, and *shouldn't* be such a thing as a free lunch in a relationship. Sure, some people like to give or receive gifts, that's cool, they're putting something in. Same, someone who likes to spend time with the other person, they're putting something in.

But a relationship *always* has to be balanced, in my book. You can't have one person putting in a lot and the other only a little, the love will die... So as you say "girls will always want gifts" - but even if what you say is true (which I think it's not), they are *giving* the other person something too - there would be no relationship if the other person wasn't getting something they wanted. It's a fair trade. If the other person elects not to fulfill their part of the trade then fuck them.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
21-06-2015, 01:39 PM
I don't expect a man to buy me gifts-- I have my own money and can buy my own things. It is nice to be thought of, however. I far prefer "just because" gifts to gifts given for expected occasions. I would much rather go on a romantic vacation somewhere together instead of receiving gifts anyway.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
21-06-2015, 01:44 PM
(21-06-2015 10:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Maybe the real reason is that he never fails to make me laugh during sex.

fixt. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
21-06-2015, 01:45 PM
(21-06-2015 01:23 PM)morondog Wrote:  Muffs, a relationship is built on both people putting something in. IMO, there is no such thing, and *shouldn't* be such a thing as a free lunch in a relationship. Sure, some people like to give or receive gifts, that's cool, they're putting something in. Same, someone who likes to spend time with the other person, they're putting something in.

But a relationship *always* has to be balanced, in my book. You can't have one person putting in a lot and the other only a little, the love will die... So as you say "girls will always want gifts" - but even if what you say is true (which I think it's not), they are *giving* the other person something too - there would be no relationship if the other person wasn't getting something they wanted. It's a fair trade. If the other person elects not to fulfill their part of the trade then fuck them.

It is very much about balance. It's rarely 50/50 though. Sometimes it's more 60/40 or even 80/20. But who is putting in more effort will shift.

Sometimes it's me, other times him. But in the end it does balance quite nicely.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-06-2015, 01:47 PM
(21-06-2015 01:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-06-2015 10:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Maybe the real reason is that he never fails to make me laugh during sex.

fixt. Drinking Beverage

No, I learned long ago to not feed him pizza before sex.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-06-2015, 01:52 PM
(21-06-2015 01:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It is very much about balance. It's rarely 50/50 though. Sometimes it's more 60/40 or even 80/20. But who is putting in more effort will shift.

Sometimes it's me, other times him. But in the end it does balance quite nicely.

Exactly. Over time, 50/50, at any one point, can be different. But if it's always skewed, eventually it dies.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
21-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Ranting corner
I'll be back home in about 5 hours. Going to rethink this part of my life. This may not be good.
21-06-2015, 04:11 PM
(21-06-2015 04:06 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I'll be back home in about 5 hours. Going to rethink this part of my life. This may not be good.

Huh

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
21-06-2015, 04:19 PM
(21-06-2015 04:06 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I'll be back home in about 5 hours. Going to rethink this part of my life. This may not be good.

Best wishes for whatever may be troubling you.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
22-06-2015, 03:12 AM
Quote:Not really hard and pretty straightforward to me.

That's because you're an idiot and you're interpreting it wrong.

Allow me to rephrase.
Any lady, including the ones here, who say they would go on a second date with a guy who took them to McDonalds and made them pay for their own burger is full of shit.

Any lady, including the ones here, who would give an unemployed middle aged man who lives with his mother because he can't afford his own place, doesn't own a vehicle and has a mountain of debt a chance/second date is either 1) a liar or 2) unemployed, living with her mother, doesn't own a vehicle and has mountains of debt.

Quote:That's not true Earmuffs, hate to blow apart your idea of women, but I can literally count on one hand the number of times my husband has ever bought me

I'm talking in general. Obviously not all 3 billion women on the planet are like this. Don't play stupid. You're a different case because your husband wears the pants. He doesn't buy you flowers or take you out because of "money" it's because you haven't required him too. No guy wants to do that shit. Guys do that because it's a sure fire way to guarantee they continue to get the vagina. If you're sucking your hubby off every morning than why is he gonna buy you shit? He gets what he wants. If you were to stop and maybe slip something like "I feel like the romance has died" or some shit and stop giving him head I guarantee he'll be the most romantic cunt on the planet.

It's different between young and old people. Old people were brought up different. Young people now, especially females, feel more equal gender wise. Girls hold the power, because they have the vagina, and they know it. Back in the day it was expected that women do this and that for their man. I'm not saying it's a bad thing that women feel more empowered now, I think it's fantastic, I'm just saying I think it's stupid the length guys go to to get some action and than to keep that girl.

Quote:Muffs, a relationship is built on both people putting something in.

No it's not. The 'ideal' relation is built on both people putting something in.

Quote:But a relationship *always* has to be balanced, in my book.

Again no, an "ideal" relationship.

Quote:So as you say "girls will always want gifts" - but even if what you say is true (which I think it's not), they are *giving* the other person something too

credit card debt?

Quote:there would be no relationship if the other person wasn't getting something they wanted.

Exactly. Girl gets a nice night out, maybe a piece of jewelry and the guy gets his dick sucked.

Quote:It's a fair trade.

Ehhh that's subjective.

Quote:If the other person elects not to fulfill their part of the trade then fuck them.

That's my point!

Quote:I don't expect a man to buy me gifts-- I have my own money and can buy my own things.

Bitch you stupid.
I have my own money and can buy my own things but if someone offers they are more than welcome to buy me a new motorbike.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post