Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-10-2012, 11:41 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Why do courses and qualifications always pad out the useful information with completely useless crap?!

I'm doing a child-care diploma on playwork. Why do I have to know about articles of UN conventions detailing at what age a child can join the armed forces, or how they should be treated if they are suspected of crime?!

Talk about fucking irrelevant!

Also I was 19 when I was first considering the course, which the college were fine with. Yet I'm supposed to cover up to age 19 in my work. What the fuck?! I couldda used myself as a fucking case study!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
15-10-2012, 01:54 PM
The fuck have I done? I'll tell you what I've done... I've over committed myself. I mean... time wise, it's nothing I can't handle - not like I'm doing anything, anyway. And yes, I'm only locked in for the single month of November. But still... this really might conflict with my commitment issues. Can I buckle down and give my undivided attention to one thing, for one entire month? Do I still have this kind of discipline within me? Fuuuuuuuck. Dodgy

I've been semi-retired too long for this shit... why do I feel so conflicted? Consider Is it really a commitment issue or ... do I secretly distrust accomplishment? Or... or!!!... maybe... if I get through this, I might be able to lay aside other commitment issues. ??? It is possible I see this as attracting far too many expectations which I might find too bothersome to live up to. Fuuuuuuuck again.

Mah, fuck it. I'll just get through it and see what happens. If I make it through November... December better be good to me. Shit... then, if only I could get my hair to cooperate, life might even become outstanding. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
15-10-2012, 04:16 PM
(15-10-2012 01:54 PM)kim Wrote:  The fuck have I done? I'll tell you what I've done... I've over committed myself. I mean... time wise, it's nothing I can't handle - not like I'm doing anything, anyway. And yes, I'm only locked in for the single month of November. But still... this really might conflict with my commitment issues. Can I buckle down and give my undivided attention to one thing, for one entire month? Do I still have this kind of discipline within me? Fuuuuuuuck. Dodgy

I've been semi-retired too long for this shit... why do I feel so conflicted? Consider Is it really a commitment issue or ... do I secretly distrust accomplishment? Or... or!!!... maybe... if I get through this, I might be able to lay aside other commitment issues. ??? It is possible I see this as attracting far too many expectations which I might find too bothersome to live up to. Fuuuuuuuck again.

Mah, fuck it. I'll just get through it and see what happens. If I make it through November... December better be good to me. Shit... then, if only I could get my hair to cooperate, life might even become outstanding. Shy

Committed to what???
Nazi film festival judge? Beautiful trucks of the midwest? Tutoring ESL?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-10-2012, 04:36 PM
(15-10-2012 04:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  Committed to what???

Sorry, this is the Ranting Corner, not the Divulge-The-Subject-of-Your-Rant Corner. If I make it through my commitment in November, I might expound on it here... but I'm thinking not much will come of it. It isn't a big deal outside of my mind, anyway.

I think I'm just really daunted by any kind of "commitment" at the moment. Hmm. I'm such a pain in my own ass. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-10-2012, 04:46 PM
(15-10-2012 04:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 01:54 PM)kim Wrote:  The fuck have I done? I'll tell you what I've done... I've over committed myself. I mean... time wise, it's nothing I can't handle - not like I'm doing anything, anyway. And yes, I'm only locked in for the single month of November. But still... this really might conflict with my commitment issues. Can I buckle down and give my undivided attention to one thing, for one entire month? Do I still have this kind of discipline within me? Fuuuuuuuck. Dodgy

Committed to what???

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
15-10-2012, 05:38 PM
There's an awful lot of posts here since Earmuffs last one, I feel a disturbance in the force! Is Mars retrograding or something?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-10-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm supposed to explain what I've learned from reading an equal opportunities policy .......

how about, NOTHING!!!

I already knew that all children need to be treated equally! I already knew not to allow children to discriminate!

I should probably be fired if there was anything I could learn from reading that damned policy!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
15-10-2012, 11:00 PM
(15-10-2012 04:46 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Yes, thou art psychic. Dodgy

Having nothing to write about isn't really the issue for me. I think simply starting and finishing will be the struggle. I want to, while at the same time... meh, not really.

I think my complete indifference is actually what caused me to sign up. That and a couple of people suggested it to me. Probably to get me to crawl out of my hermit phase. Which doesn't really make any sense; writing being kind of a hermit thing.

Oh well, what's done is done; I'm committed. It's only fifty-thousand words, right? It's not as if every book has to make sense.

Shocking

15-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Ranting corner
(15-10-2012 11:00 PM)kim Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 04:46 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Yes, thou art psychic. Dodgy

Having nothing to write about isn't really the issue for me. I think simply starting and finishing will be the struggle. I want to, while at the same time... meh, not really.

I think my complete indifference is actually what caused me to sign up. That and a couple of people suggested it to me. Probably to get me to crawl out of my hermit phase. Which doesn't really make any sense; writing being kind of a hermit thing.

Oh well, what's done is done; I'm committed. It's only fifty-thousand words, right? It's not as if every book has to make sense.

Shocking

I'm not psychic, I've just "committed" to do it every November since '08 and have never gotten even past the first few days. Confused

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
15-10-2012, 11:30 PM
(15-10-2012 11:09 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm not psychic, I've just "committed" to do it every November since '08 and have never gotten even past the first few days. Confused

I have no idea how it is done so, here's how I'm going to go about it and I don't care what drivel comes of it...

If I can get at least seven words down a minute, for three hours in the morning and three hours in the afternoon... that's 2,520 words a day. Then do that for twenty days... I'll have the 50,000 ~ plus 400.

For me, the burden of commitment is grappled with and lessened, by detail and precision. Shy

I hope I find something to write about. I have no life so I can't use that. I don't really know anything, so I can't write what I know. I'll figure something out... I hope. Wink