Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-06-2015, 10:31 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(26-06-2015 08:00 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Fucking sinus problems.! AHHHHHHHH! Been up most of the night with a sinus headache. I have a deviated septum which, according the my ENT is 80% off to the left side of my head. Great!

So in three weeks I'm going in to get the septum operated on and straightened out. It's been crooked since I was in a minor car accident when I was 11 years old. I've stalled as long as I could on this operation but.......it's time.

I actually can't wait . i'm so sick of this shit.

Has anyone out there had a septoplasty?

I had a bad deviated septum. Mine was shaped like big Z, practically touching on both sides. Also, had one sinus cavity that had scarred itself closed due to chronic sinusitis. So, I had the septoplasty plus a side of Sinus drilling. It was probably at least a year post-op before I would admit it was worth the pain of the surgery. I'm awfully glad I did it though. My biggest issue was that the dragonfly shaped splints they put on either side of my septum after the surgery apparently grafted to the inside of nasal cavity and removal was a bitch. I had lived with sinus issues for most my life following a broken nose at age 2, but have had maybe one brief issue in the 15 years since my surgery. Good luck!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2015, 10:43 AM
4:43am, if work phone me up at 7:30am I'm gonna be fucking fuming.

[Image: oscar.png]
26-06-2015, 11:02 AM
(26-06-2015 10:31 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 08:00 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Fucking sinus problems.! AHHHHHHHH! Been up most of the night with a sinus headache. I have a deviated septum which, according the my ENT is 80% off to the left side of my head. Great!

So in three weeks I'm going in to get the septum operated on and straightened out. It's been crooked since I was in a minor car accident when I was 11 years old. I've stalled as long as I could on this operation but.......it's time.

I actually can't wait . i'm so sick of this shit.

Has anyone out there had a septoplasty?

I had a bad deviated septum. Mine was shaped like big Z, practically touching on both sides. Also, had one sinus cavity that had scarred itself closed due to chronic sinusitis. So, I had the septoplasty plus a side of Sinus drilling. It was probably at least a year post-op before I would admit it was worth the pain of the surgery. I'm awfully glad I did it though. My biggest issue was that the dragonfly shaped splints they put on either side of my septum after the surgery apparently grafted to the inside of nasal cavity and removal was a bitch. I had lived with sinus issues for most my life following a broken nose at age 2, but have had maybe one brief issue in the 15 years since my surgery. Good luck!

Yeah, that first week or so is a bitch...I had almost forgotten about those splints. I also had some replumbing of the sinus cavities done due to years of infection and blockage. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
26-06-2015, 11:11 AM
(26-06-2015 09:03 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 08:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I did about seven years ago. Bad deviated septum since I was about 17...30 years of things getting worse and worse.

It's worth it.

Edit - The immediate result was being able to breathe when I was trying to go to sleep. I had chronic sinus infections for years and it took a while for my body to stop reacting to any sinus issue by becoming an infection causing my face/head/teeth to hurt.

I haven't been on antibiotics in nearly a year. Last bad sinus infection was around July 4th last year. Kind of amazing since it had been a constant thing for so long.

I still have sinus/allergy issues but not as bad. It took time though.

My septum was deviated to near total blockage on the left side.

Thanks Anj. I don't smell things very well. My taste buds probably aren't working very well either. My ears have fluid in them so my balance is slightly off and I can barely work anymore. My teeth sometimes hurt... like you said. I'm allergic to mold, pollen, dust, etc. After the operation I'm getting an allergy test and then weekly shots. I hope that helps the situation, at least it couldn't hurt. I'm on all kinds of nasal sprays and allergy pills.

I know there are worse things in the world but damn, I can't function very well anymore.

Up till a couple years ago my sinuses and teeth were constant issues...one affecting the other and back and forth in a seemingly endless cycle. I was often on one of the strongest antibiotics on the market because it was the only thing that worked. I worried that I would need some for something else and there wouldn't be anything out there I could take.

My hearing has been affected and taste and smell is also off. Years of issues took their toll. I still can't believe that I was treated for this stuff for years and it wasn't till I moved to TX and went to the doctor that a deviated septum was even suggested as a possibility. And I had scans prior that were apparently not read by anyone who knew what they were doing.

Though most people would hate to deal with what I still deal with, for me it's such an improvement that I am fairly content. No antibiotics, no antihistamines, no decongestants - just nasal sprays and those only sparingly.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
26-06-2015, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2015 11:24 AM by Chas.)
(26-06-2015 09:34 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 11:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  My solution is that I will never take a statin again. Ever. No

How high is your cholesterol? Having a heart attack or stroke isn't so great either. My husband has tried everything to get his cholesterol down......well, almost everything. He hasn't tried to exercise much but it's hard because he's so exhausted when he gets home from work all he want's to do is plop on the couch. He teaches high school. Need I say more.

Anyway, he's on statins. Lipitor, I think. One side effect....farting all the time. Constant farting. Movie theatre farts, car farts, kitchen farts. You name the place and situation...he's farted there.

My cholesterol is below the high limit of OK. My doctor suggested this as I have enough potential risk factors to be concerned.

I'd take out a contract on him, but he's my cousin. Dodgy

Not really, but I have just had a truly miserable 30 hours and I'm still not 100%.
He's been my doctor for over 30 years and has always kept me alive. So far. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Someone just sent me a picture of a snake that died after eating a porcupine, and now I can't unsee it. Other than that, it's been a pretty awesome day. Thumbsup

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
26-06-2015, 06:18 PM
Someone told me about a cool picture they saw and didn't show it to me. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
26-06-2015, 06:20 PM
Vacation, Day 2 - they were nice enough to wait till this afternoon to start calling and sending texts. Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-06-2015, 06:23 PM
(26-06-2015 06:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Vacation, Day 2 - they were nice enough to wait till this afternoon to start calling and sending texts. Dodgy

I'm starting to hate your job. Tongue
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
26-06-2015, 06:25 PM
Afew days ago I trimmed the neighbor’s Poisonwood tree that partially overhangs our yard, I thought I had taken all the necessary precautions - gloves, long pants, long sleeves. Nope. I have a rash on both arms and I’m afraid to even touch my tallywhacker to go pee for fear of spreading the itch. It’s driving me crazy.

Edit: the itch, not my tallywhacker Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post