Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-07-2015, 08:27 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(29-06-2015 05:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  A1C 7.8%
FBG 165 mg/dl

[Image: diabetes_1.jpg]

Me too, for over ten years now. But (a) It got me to quit smoking, which has been a wonderful blessing (especially since both of my brothers -- both smokers -- have died of lung cancer within the last 15 months), and (b) They have meds for that. I'm keeping my numbers under control with the meds, and could do even better if I had a bit more discipline in my diet.

Anyway, it's not a death sentence, just an annoyance. Just means you got to take a little better care of yourself. Do it!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
01-07-2015, 08:37 AM
So I accidentally got in an FB argument. Basically I have a friend who's a bit of a fundie who posted one of those passive-aggro things about how everyone's celebrating this gay marriage ruling but he's just sad for all the sinners out there who're gonna be shagging each other up the butt without legal impediment (I added that bit, but that's basically it). Anyway, so, he said some shit about how Christians are being persecuted and I deconstructed his crap rather logically, I thought. And he didn't reply Big Grin So I felt pretty good about that. And then this... dumb... person responded. She was like "Yes all you said is true but waa waa waa we're being persecuted. "

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PRICKS? Angry Losing the legal right to discriminate somehow makes *them* the victims? Fucking hell... Weeping

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
01-07-2015, 10:21 AM
(30-06-2015 08:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So the real question though is, will this get me paid time off work? Big Grin

I would certainly find out if this might be work related! If so, they might be paying for your physiotherapy.... which you will need to really get into.

You are at the best age to start working on the bod. Get ahead and stay ahead of the pack of people in your age group. They will, in the next 5 years, develop the ever popular "beer gut" and in 10 years, the "spare tire" around the middle.... while you will maintain the bod of a hot Roman god.

Half hour at the track or gym each day is all it takes. You will need to streach & strengthen your legs. Streching, walking, streching, weights, & streching ... you will look and FEEL incredible!

Bonus: social interaction is NOT an obligation while working out ... people leave you the fuck alone and you get to check out all the other hot guys people watch. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
01-07-2015, 11:08 AM
(01-07-2015 10:21 AM)kim Wrote:  
(30-06-2015 08:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So the real question though is, will this get me paid time off work? Big Grin

I would certainly find out if this might be work related! If so, they might be paying for your physiotherapy.... which you will need to really get into.

You are at the best age to start working on the bod. Get ahead and stay ahead of the pack of people in your age group. They will, in the next 5 years, develop the ever popular "beer gut" and in 10 years, the "spare tire" around the middle.... while you will maintain the bod of a hot Roman god.

Half hour at the track or gym each day is all it takes. You will need to streach & strengthen your legs. Streching, walking, streching, weights, & streching ... you will look and FEEL incredible!

Bonus: social interaction is NOT an obligation while working out ... people leave you the fuck alone and you get to check out all the other hot guys people watch. Wink

Best advice ever.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
01-07-2015, 11:16 AM
(01-07-2015 07:25 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Planning to bring sangria tonight. Which means I have to make it this morning before I crash.

Unfortunately, the wine stores don't open for another hour. And apparently it's illegal in this state to sell wine in a grocery store. WTF? Even Alabama is more advanced than this. Absolutely fucking retarded.

65 night shift hours in 5 days. I'm so tired. Sooo tired. Worked all of them with the DILF. Unfortunately we were on opposite sides of the unit and my 1:1 assignment required me to be in the room. Sad Probably for the best. Striking up a casual fling with a coworker probably isn't the wisest idea. He's back to the cold routine, anyway.

I don't have shoes for the outfit I was planning to wear tonight, either. At least I have a cute bikini to pack. Gotta figure out something different to wear, no way I'm going to the mall to get shoes, too.

Son is on the plane right now. I'm telling myself I'm ok with this. Lying to myself about my feelings seems to be a theme as of late. Confused

No wine at the grocery store? Gasp Even Texas has that. Undecided Hug

01-07-2015, 02:15 PM
I get it, admittedly we're to blame. We don't watch the news.

We buy fireworks in Washington, because they allow cooler ones there that Oregon feels shouldn't be legal. We've done this for years. Generally I make a pitcher of margaritas and hide in the basement with the dog, music blasting so he don't flip out and shit himself.

This year our lovely county officials in conjunction with the fire department are wavering back and forth about whether to allow ANY fireworks at all.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

01-07-2015, 02:26 PM
When u sleep in until 3pm and have to leave for work at 4:30 :-)
01-07-2015, 02:35 PM
(01-07-2015 02:26 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  When u sleep in until 3pm and have to leave for work at 4:30 :-)

My dog will never ... never ever, allow me to sleep past 6AM.
He's like "Come ON, their's fun stuff to DO. Move it".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
01-07-2015, 02:45 PM
(01-07-2015 02:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I get it, admittedly we're to blame. We don't watch the news.

We buy fireworks in Washington, because they allow cooler ones there that Oregon feels shouldn't be legal. We've done this for years. Generally I make a pitcher of margaritas and hide in the basement with the dog, music blasting so he don't flip out and shit himself.

This year our lovely county officials in conjunction with the fire department are wavering back and forth about whether to allow ANY fireworks at all.

Isn't the entire West Coast in a severe drought, with severe fire danger, etc.? I thought I just read something about wildfires in Washington. I suspect that may have something to do with the restrictions...

We had a mini-drought here in Wisconsin back in the late 1980s, and I remember being upset that they wouldn't allow smoking on the golf course -- they were afraid of people inadvertently starting grass fires.
01-07-2015, 02:55 PM
(30-06-2015 08:28 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-06-2015 08:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It sounds like this.

Sounds about right. I had many of those same injuries over the 1/4 century I spent as a martial artist. Lots of water and vitamin C used to help. The Dr can give you anti inflamatory drugs to help if healthcare is not an issue where you live.

I had many pulled muscles and tendons during these times.

[Image: Jumping_Turning_Kick1.jpg]
The first time I broke my ankle was during my martial arts days. Didn't even know until fairly recently when a doctor told me.