Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-07-2015, 04:00 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(01-07-2015 08:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PRICKS? Angry Losing the legal right to discriminate somehow makes *them* the victims? Fucking hell... Weeping

That has always been the Christian tactic. They scream persecution while they persecute others.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2015, 07:07 PM
So woke up this morning and my leg is perfectly fine... isn't that the way, sick sick sick book an appointment at the doctor, an hour before doctor appointment sickness gone. But now it's starting to hurt a little again so... fml.

Doctor wasn't sure what it was but said it could be a strain (or was it sprain? Consider ) either way, if it comes back they might need to baby monitor it.

On the upside I'm down 8kg's and my blood pressure is 130, down from 139, so it's at normal levels (140 is considered 'high' blood pressure). AND it cost me half what I expected it too.

edit: OH and my grocery store now sells the big bottles of lemon lime and bitters (the good brand) so I can stop buying vanilla coke now. For certain gonna not buy it any more this time... seriously...
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
01-07-2015, 07:49 PM
(01-07-2015 02:45 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(01-07-2015 02:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I get it, admittedly we're to blame. We don't watch the news.

We buy fireworks in Washington, because they allow cooler ones there that Oregon feels shouldn't be legal. We've done this for years. Generally I make a pitcher of margaritas and hide in the basement with the dog, music blasting so he don't flip out and shit himself.

This year our lovely county officials in conjunction with the fire department are wavering back and forth about whether to allow ANY fireworks at all.

Isn't the entire West Coast in a severe drought, with severe fire danger, etc.? I thought I just read something about wildfires in Washington. I suspect that may have something to do with the restrictions...

We had a mini-drought here in Wisconsin back in the late 1980s, and I remember being upset that they wouldn't allow smoking on the golf course -- they were afraid of people inadvertently starting grass fires.

Depends on which part of the state, the eastern side of Washington and Oregon are more high desert. Western parts are wetter.

In Oregon, our part at least we didn't get a lot of rain/snow over the winter and having warmer and dryer than normal spring and an early start to summer. Usually people snow board into June and July here...this year not too much.

Last year, the summer was cooler and a little more on the wet side.

There's been a couple summers, since we've lived here where it felt like we went straight from spring to fall and bypassed summer all together. Too much rain and yucky weather.

I know a few people who enjoy golfing and they're really enjoying the lack of rains.

Honestly, if they are going to ban fireworks, it's fine by me, but don't let people sell them either. Even our grocery store is selling them this year.

It has been rather nice and quiet here...usually people start lighting them off the weeks before.

Husband talked, since they haven't issued a ban yet, he might go out and buy some legal ones. Save the illegal ones for new years eve.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-07-2015, 09:58 AM
The receptionist that answers the phone at my doctor's office is a callous and condescending ninny who takes great pleasure in her ability to control access to my doctor. She refuses to take messages if the doctor is out, instead instructing me to call back later. Most recently, I am almost out of medication and I called to request new prescription. My doctor is on vacation and will not return until Monday. I tell her my medicine runs out Friday. She says that I should have called at least a week in advance. I tell her I understand but the last time she only gave me one month and she was supposed to give me three. She said that I had to come in to see the doctor to get a three month prescription. She has said this before and I discussed it with my doctor. He said that was not true, he only needed to see me in the office once per year. She said that was not the office policy. Anyway, that doesn't really matter at this point so I let it go. I asked her if the doctor in the office that is taking my doctor's calls would write me a three day prescription to get me through the weekend. She said they can't do that, which is a lie. I asked her if she understood that I can not stop taking this medicine abruptly as it will cause me to experience unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Her response: that's not my problem. WTF? So now I have to take off work this afternoon to go visit the doctor office and show her what the actual law and the state medical licensing says and politely request to see the doctor on call.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 6 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
02-07-2015, 11:04 AM
(02-07-2015 09:58 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  -----
---I asked her if the doctor in the office that is taking my doctor's calls would write me a three day prescription to get me through the weekend. She said they can't do that, which is a lie. I asked her if she understood that I can not stop taking this medicine abruptly as it will cause me to experience unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Her response: that's not my problem. WTF? So now I have to take off work this afternoon to go visit the doctor office and show her what the actual law and the state medical licensing says and politely request to see the doctor on call.

WTF? Indeed! Report her.
Speak with your doctor again. Advise him that you need a referral to another doctor when he's unavailable because his receptionist is endangering your health.

Wonder how many people she has fucked with in this manner. That shit is unethical.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 6 users Like kim's post
02-07-2015, 02:30 PM
I did the thing

I cut all of my hair off
[+] 3 users Like Ferdinand's post
02-07-2015, 02:50 PM