Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-07-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-07-2015 02:30 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I did the thing

I cut all of my hair off

You know the drill, pics ... Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
02-07-2015, 05:40 PM
It's 100 degrees.

Our AC is getting a real workout. I'm glad we had it checked out before summer.

Meanwhile even with the AC I've got no ambition to do much of anything. How the hell will I survive the summer?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
02-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Why is there football on ESPN2? Don't we still have 2 months before football season kicks off?

I also don't recognize the teams. Would help if I would have gotten my contacts refilled -apparently I need to get the prescription on my glasses updated.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
02-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Before:

[Image: 2F45EE5E-8C38-4410-B35D-CD30DEEED5AC_zps2doengun.jpg]

After:

[Image: 70EBF9D3-5F66-4D25-AD25-4699E65EF0AC_zpshyafuhtq.jpg]

It feels a lot healthier now. I think it's weird that when some people get upset they feel the need to cut their hair off. That's how I felt. I'm not regretting it either (yet) I had a lot of split ends (which are irreversible and can split up the shafts of your hair, to you roots, thus stunting hair growth), so it's nice to finally be able to look at my hair without noticing how brittle and split my ends felt (especially after bleaching my hair to life my hair from black to auburn...) I normally kept my hair black but my roots were a light brown, so when my roots would come in, the top of my head was lighter than the rest of my head and it looked like shit. So removing black damaged my hair a lot. Chopping off my hair was well needed.

There will be another flood of pictures later... I'm dying my hair tonight. The color pink is involved... Prepare yourselves.
[+] 8 users Like Ferdinand's post
02-07-2015, 07:03 PM
(02-07-2015 07:00 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Before:

After:

It feels a lot healthier now. I think it's weird that when some people get upset they feel the need to cut their hair off. That's how I felt. I'm not regretting it either (yet) I had a lot of split ends (which are irreversible and can split up the shafts of your hair, to you roots, thus stunting hair growth), so it's nice to finally be able to look at my hair without noticing how brittle and split my ends felt (especially after bleaching my hair to life my hair from black to auburn...) I normally kept my hair black but my roots were a light brown, so when my roots would come in, the top of my head was lighter than the rest of my head and it looked like shit. So removing black damaged my hair a lot. Chopping off my hair was well needed.

There will be another flood of pictures later... I'm dying my hair tonight. The color pink is involved... Prepare yourselves.

I think you're right, the Batman t-shirt gives the impression of health.

I think you have beautiful hair

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
02-07-2015, 07:22 PM

After:

Three things:
1. (From the before pic) I have that exact same shower head in my shower.
2. For some reason, you remind me of Ashley Mariee (the gaming youtuber) and I totally mean that as a compliment.
3. I really, really like your hair! You are beautiful!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 3 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
02-07-2015, 07:25 PM
(02-07-2015 11:04 AM)kim Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 09:58 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  -----
---I asked her if the doctor in the office that is taking my doctor's calls would write me a three day prescription to get me through the weekend. She said they can't do that, which is a lie. I asked her if she understood that I can not stop taking this medicine abruptly as it will cause me to experience unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Her response: that's not my problem. WTF? So now I have to take off work this afternoon to go visit the doctor office and show her what the actual law and the state medical licensing says and politely request to see the doctor on call.

WTF? Indeed! Report her.
Speak with your doctor again. Advise him that you need a referral to another doctor when he's unavailable because his receptionist is endangering your health.

Wonder how many people she has fucked with in this manner. That shit is unethical.

Visited the doctor's office. It's a long story, but the short of it is this: I walked out of the office with my prescription and I gave the receptionist lady the happiest "f*ck you" smile I could muster on the way out the door. Yes

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 7 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
02-07-2015, 07:30 PM
I love the pink hair idea. I was always prohibited from dying my hair "unnatural" colors by previous employers.

Not so sure I wanna dye it pink or purple or blue or emerald green now that my current employer couldn't give two shits.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
02-07-2015, 07:50 PM

After:

It looks great, but this isn't what I pictured when you said "I cut all my hair off." Dodgy
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
02-07-2015, 10:58 PM
(02-07-2015 07:03 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I think you're right, the Batman t-shirt gives the impression of health.

I think you have beautiful hair

Thank you Heart

(02-07-2015 07:22 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Three things:
1. (From the before pic) I have that exact same shower head in my shower.
2. For some reason, you remind me of Ashley Mariee (the gaming youtuber) and I totally mean that as a compliment.
3. I really, really like your hair! You are beautiful!

Thank you!! I had to look up who Ashlet Mariee was, but she's really pretty!

(02-07-2015 07:50 PM)pablo Wrote:  It looks great, but this isn't what I pictured when you said "I cut all my hair off." Dodgy

IT'S QUITE THE DIFFERENCE THO

I would never chop it off above my shoulders though. I've done that once before and I hated it. It took 8 months of argan oil treatment for my hair to grow like 6 inches.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post