Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-07-2015, 11:41 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-07-2015 10:53 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(03-07-2015 09:45 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I've been working full eight hour shifts on five hrs of sleep for years Tongue

[Image: ca76c96b3ac5df05bd748815b3529b2b.jpg]

I can't function unless I have 13 hours of sleep. Tongue

Bruh, me too Tongue

(03-07-2015 10:56 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(03-07-2015 10:53 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I can't function unless I have 13 hours of sleep. Tongue

I need to search for a new, comfortable pair of shoes. I guess my feet have a terrible support shape to them, because by the end of long work shifts, my feet are literally swelling above the heels...

great Shy

[Image: jumbo-ugg-classic-tall-med.jpg]

Facepalm Laugh out load you might as well have suggested:

[Image: Crocs_2782707a.jpg]

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
03-07-2015, 11:43 PM
???

[Image: Aussie-Flip-Flops2.jpg]

Very high fashion in Australia donchaknow?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
04-07-2015, 03:24 AM
Yay, brand new residents in July... Dodgy

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
04-07-2015, 04:00 AM
(04-07-2015 03:24 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Yay, brand new residents in July... Dodgy

Let the torture commence!

But for whom, we shall see.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-07-2015, 10:38 AM
(03-07-2015 09:44 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Super bored, been sitting in my house alone doing jack shit for... Almost 8hrs now. Figure I should probably eat, ordered a pizza. It'll be here in 1hr 30 mins. Really? Facepalm isn't everyone else out having fun, and like grilling and doing potlucks and shit? Why pizza.... Why??

That's why I'm sitting here considering staying in versus going out. Yes, I'm American (father's side) but everyone is going to be in stores getting the last few items. I know if I go to the store I'll be in a long line with guys with charcoal and steaks.

Hm. Maybe I'll wait until they start their festivities.
04-07-2015, 10:57 AM
I'd like to know why so many places have stopped having fireworks shows in the last few years. When we first moved here we could drive a couple miles from the house and see shows from three different towns.

Now the option would have been to go to the other side of the Metroplex with half a million other people (seriously, that's the number reported). People were already arriving several hours before dark. Large crowds and porta-potties are two of my least favorite things.

Well, at least I won't need to sedate the dogs. Undecided

We are going to grill burgers and chicken and whatever else is in the fridge looks grillable so we don't have to cook for a few days.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-07-2015, 11:45 AM
(04-07-2015 10:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I'd like to know why so many places have stopped having fireworks shows in the last few years. When we first moved here we could drive a couple miles from the house and see shows from three different towns.

Now the option would have been to go to the other side of the Metroplex with half a million other people (seriously, that's the number reported). People were already arriving several hours before dark. Large crowds and porta-potties are two of my least favorite things.

Well, at least I won't need to sedate the dogs. Undecided

We are going to grill burgers and chicken and whatever else is in the fridge looks grillable so we don't have to cook for a few days.

Probably due to the cost. A professional fireworks display can cost $10,000 or more and for big events like 4th of July when demand is at a premium the bigger companies can charge more for their services. Given that most states have been cutting back on vital services like teachers and fire/rescue it makes sense that this would be something that would be cut first.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-07-2015, 11:54 AM
It's too fucking hot.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
04-07-2015, 12:06 PM
I'll be in the basement tonight with music blaring the dog, sleeping and a pitcher of margaritas just for me. Big Grin While the guests and kids enjoy the fireworks.

Hubby is grilling steaks and some chicken breasts I've marinated -- so like many people I won't need to cook for a couple days. I love grilled chicken breast because it's so versatile for quick lunches or meals.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-07-2015, 12:14 PM
(04-07-2015 12:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'll be in the basement tonight with music blaring the dog, sleeping and a pitcher of margaritas just for me. Big Grin While the guests and kids enjoy the fireworks.

Hubby is grilling steaks and some chicken breasts I've marinated -- so like many people I won't need to cook for a couple days. I love grilled chicken breast because it's so versatile for quick lunches or meals.

Fireworks?

Oh, is it Insurrection Day already?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post