Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-07-2015, 12:17 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(04-07-2015 12:14 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(04-07-2015 12:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'll be in the basement tonight with music blaring the dog, sleeping and a pitcher of margaritas just for me. Big Grin While the guests and kids enjoy the fireworks.

Hubby is grilling steaks and some chicken breasts I've marinated -- so like many people I won't need to cook for a couple days. I love grilled chicken breast because it's so versatile for quick lunches or meals.

Fireworks?

Oh, is it Insurrection Day already?

It's get drunk and blow things up real good day. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-07-2015, 12:19 PM
(04-07-2015 12:14 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(04-07-2015 12:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'll be in the basement tonight with music blaring the dog, sleeping and a pitcher of margaritas just for me. Big Grin While the guests and kids enjoy the fireworks.

Hubby is grilling steaks and some chicken breasts I've marinated -- so like many people I won't need to cook for a couple days. I love grilled chicken breast because it's so versatile for quick lunches or meals.

Fireworks?

Oh, is it Insurrection Day already?

Yep that would be the day. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-07-2015, 12:31 PM
(04-07-2015 11:45 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-07-2015 10:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I'd like to know why so many places have stopped having fireworks shows in the last few years. When we first moved here we could drive a couple miles from the house and see shows from three different towns.

Now the option would have been to go to the other side of the Metroplex with half a million other people (seriously, that's the number reported). People were already arriving several hours before dark. Large crowds and porta-potties are two of my least favorite things.

Well, at least I won't need to sedate the dogs. Undecided

We are going to grill burgers and chicken and whatever else is in the fridge looks grillable so we don't have to cook for a few days.

Probably due to the cost. A professional fireworks display can cost $10,000 or more and for big events like 4th of July when demand is at a premium the bigger companies can charge more for their services. Given that most states have been cutting back on vital services like teachers and fire/rescue it makes sense that this would be something that would be cut first.

The police department in the town I live in has it's own hovercraft. I think it's been used once. They have also been voted as having the best uniforms. Maybe we should blow up the hovercraft. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-07-2015, 12:59 PM
(04-07-2015 12:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-07-2015 11:45 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Probably due to the cost. A professional fireworks display can cost $10,000 or more and for big events like 4th of July when demand is at a premium the bigger companies can charge more for their services. Given that most states have been cutting back on vital services like teachers and fire/rescue it makes sense that this would be something that would be cut first.

The police department in the town I live in has it's own hovercraft. I think it's been used once. They have also been voted as having the best uniforms. Maybe we should blow up the hovercraft. Consider

Well you know what they say "rednecks don't grow up they just get bigger toys."

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-07-2015, 04:07 PM
I'm not going to fireworks tonight. Weeping

I have food poisoning (I think). I finished the last of the milk on my cereal, along with mostly fresh milk.

By early afternoon I had fever, headache, nausea, chills, and flushing. Sadcryface

I fucking love fireworks. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2015, 04:27 PM
(04-07-2015 04:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm not going to fireworks tonight. Weeping

I have food poisoning (I think). I finished the last of the milk on my cereal, along with mostly fresh milk.

By early afternoon I had fever, headache, nausea, chills, and flushing. Sadcryface

I fucking love fireworks. Weeping

Sadcryface

Feel better soon - you have a rough couple weeks.

Heart

04-07-2015, 04:42 PM
Just got offered to take call instead of go in tonight. I turned it down - if I take call I lose my overtime and incentive pay for one of the shifts I worked. Plus it's weekend night shift holiday pay. But she still may call me back and put me on call if people with more seniority than me refuse it. I don't want to be alone tonight, some memories hurt too much - work is always a nice distraction. And despite my efforts, I haven't heard from my son since last week. If I would have known I could have taken off tonight, I could have planned ahead and possibly made some new memories tonight.

Oh, pro tip - don't light a smoke bomb next to your gas grill Facepalm - probably should have shared that one already as they're more fun in daylight hours. Also, alcohol does not make you more bouyant - if you can't swim before you start drinking, you're probably not gonna turn into Michael Phelps after imbibing a little liquid courage. Have a Happy and Safe Fourth!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
04-07-2015, 08:37 PM
I am such a manipulative little shit. teehee
I'm gonna make a great trillionarie.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
05-07-2015, 12:16 AM
They forgot to bring me alcohol! I'm in the basement with the dog...

Two speakers aren't working right...the Beatles sound very strange.

I've got no booze the bar is empty. Weeping

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-07-2015, 12:25 AM
(05-07-2015 12:16 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  They forgot to bring me alcohol! I'm in the basement with the dog...

Two speakers aren't working right...the Beatles sound very strange.

I've got no booze the bar is empty. Weeping

Try adjusting the balance, can't help ya with the booze from here. Tongue