Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-07-2015, 02:48 AM
RE: Ranting corner
So, my ex-girlfriend -- recent breakup -- wrote my son's mother (call her Jessie) a lengthy e-mail with a very distorted version of the events leading to our breakup, including some outright lies. I'm grateful that Jessie knows me well enough that she called and asked about the things before assuming the truth of the lies. And the thing the ex- doesn't get: when we've argued, one key point that has made solutions difficult is her propensity to spin and distort events so as to reinforce her own sense of rectitude; by seeing only what she wanted to see, she created barriers to communication. Her engaging in the behavior even afterwards only convinces me of the rightness of my decision. Her telling lies about me lets me know that she's best left in the rear view mirror.

But gosh, I want to unload right now. I may just write an unsent letter, for venting's sake.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
05-07-2015, 03:13 AM
(05-07-2015 02:48 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  So, my ex-girlfriend -- recent breakup -- wrote my son's mother (call her Jessie) a lengthy e-mail with a very distorted version of the events leading to our breakup, including some outright lies. I'm grateful that Jessie knows me well enough that she called and asked about the things before assuming the truth of the lies. And the thing the ex- doesn't get: when we've argued, one key point that has made solutions difficult is her propensity to spin and distort events so as to reinforce her own sense of rectitude; by seeing only what she wanted to see, she created barriers to communication. Her engaging in the behavior even afterwards only convinces me of the rightness of my decision. Her telling lies about me lets me know that she's best left in the rear view mirror.

But gosh, I want to unload right now. I may just write an unsent letter, for venting's sake.
Sad Hug

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
05-07-2015, 03:16 AM
July brings in new residents. I know I've already ranted about it. It deserves a second rant.

Frusty

Beat_stick

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
05-07-2015, 03:46 AM
(05-07-2015 12:44 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 12:41 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Implying the Beatles didn't sound weird before.

Gasp

[Image: KmvYkV6.gif]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
05-07-2015, 07:23 AM
Land Shark beer and Cheerios don't complement each other very well... The restaurant I wanted to eat at is closed for the holiday weekend. I'll be adding grocery shopping to tomorrow's to do list.

[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
05-07-2015, 09:02 AM
Sorry to hear Thump. That was really shitty of her. Call me if you want to vent. Gawd knows I owe you one for my recent rants to you about my bf.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-07-2015, 12:10 PM
(05-07-2015 03:46 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 12:44 AM)pablo Wrote:  Gasp

[Image: KmvYkV6.gif]

Watch it!! You're cruising for a bruising. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-07-2015, 04:56 PM
(05-07-2015 03:13 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 02:48 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  So, my ex-girlfriend -- recent breakup -- wrote my son's mother (call her Jessie) a lengthy e-mail with a very distorted version of the events leading to our breakup, including some outright lies. I'm grateful that Jessie knows me well enough that she called and asked about the things before assuming the truth of the lies. And the thing the ex- doesn't get: when we've argued, one key point that has made solutions difficult is her propensity to spin and distort events so as to reinforce her own sense of rectitude; by seeing only what she wanted to see, she created barriers to communication. Her engaging in the behavior even afterwards only convinces me of the rightness of my decision. Her telling lies about me lets me know that she's best left in the rear view mirror.

Sad Hug

Thank you, ma'am.

(05-07-2015 09:02 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Sorry to hear Thump. That was really shitty of her. Call me if you want to vent. Gawd knows I owe you one for my recent rants to you about my bf.

You don't owe me anything, 'Bee ... you've paid it off already in the laughs and thoughts and whatnot you've given me. Will call in a little bit, Ethan's not shown up and I don't know the story.
05-07-2015, 06:25 PM
Quote:But gosh, I want to unload right now.

*chuckles immaturely*
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
05-07-2015, 07:30 PM
(05-07-2015 06:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:But gosh, I want to unload right now.

*chuckles immaturely*

Open wide and say "aaaah", Chucklebee.