Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-07-2015, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2015 09:36 AM by kim.)
RE: Ranting corner
(06-07-2015 07:56 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Picking a fight with my ex...yay...

He just now let's me know they made it home safe. Still haven't heard from my son in over a fucking week. And he didn't update me with any itinerary information. so I never even knew their flight information. He left his phone in the hotel all week. Fucking inconsiderate. I'm so fucking pissed at him.

Stay calm and advise him that you need to keep tabs on your kid because he's ... uhm ... your kid. In order for you to be a responsible adult, he is going to have to be one as well.

Ask him some possible questions:
If the child is involved in a plane, auto, or any kind of accident, who will be contacted and how?
What is the child's blood type and allergy information?

Let him know that you are both new at this. It can be done with you both working together.

Is your boy too young for his own cell phone? It might ease the stress for you both; the use might be restricted to when he is taken by either parent on vacations or spontaneous day trips. Carriers often have "family" plans. Could be something to discuss with the ex.

If nothing else, the one thing divorce does, is provide the opportunity for both parties to sincerely work together ... possibly for the first time. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
06-07-2015, 11:34 AM
The grocery store better have my cake tonight, dammit! Hobo And it'd damn well better have a generous amount of icing on it, too! Sleepy

[+] 5 users Like Escape Artist's post
06-07-2015, 12:53 PM
SO. I leave the car with you at 8:30am and you say it might not be until later in the morning before you can take a look at it? Uhm ... why did I bother to make this appointment last Friday, for 8am this morning? Why didn't you have me schedule this appointment later in the morning?

SO. It is now 5 hours later. I call and you tell me no one has looked at it yet?

OH. Now 10 minutes later, you are able to give me an estimate?

Guess who is getting a new mechanic?

Go on, guess. I'll wait. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 7 users Like kim's post
06-07-2015, 01:57 PM
(06-07-2015 07:56 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Picking a fight with my ex...yay...

He just now let's me know they made it home safe. Still haven't heard from my son in over a fucking week. And he didn't update me with any itinerary information. so I never even knew their flight information. He left his phone in the hotel all week. Fucking inconsiderate. I'm so fucking pissed at him.

That was a total dick move on his part.
Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-07-2015, 04:29 PM
Air conditioner went out at work. This morning the owner comes in to the office Sasha and I share and says he is getting portable AC units for the billing department so they don't start leaving. Blink Also says that we (Sasha and I will be fine.)

Sash and I have been in that building for over a year, we warned about the AC issues and other issues and were ignored. Billing Department has never worked during the summer in that building.

After he left our office we just looked at each other. Then discussed the fact that we didn't know leaving was an option. If it had been thrown out there as an option, we'd have left many days last year between baking in the summer and freezing our butts off in the winter - not to mention the day it was raining in my office.

FUCK!

I will be pushing the boundaries of the dress code tomorrow as I don't plan to spend another eight hours in 80+ degree temps with no ventilation.

Just another day in paradise. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
06-07-2015, 07:02 PM
(06-07-2015 04:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Air conditioner went out at work. This morning the owner comes in to the office Sasha and I share and says he is getting portable AC units for the billing department so they don't start leaving. Blink Also says that we (Sasha and I will be fine.)

Sash and I have been in that building for over a year, we warned about the AC issues and other issues and were ignored. Billing Department has never worked during the summer in that building.

After he left our office we just looked at each other. Then discussed the fact that we didn't know leaving was an option. If it had been thrown out there as an option, we'd have left many days last year between baking in the summer and freezing our butts off in the winter - not to mention the day it was raining in my office.

FUCK!

I will be pushing the boundaries of the dress code tomorrow as I don't plan to spend another eight hours in 80+ degree temps with no ventilation.

Just another day in paradise. Dodgy

I would die. I don't want to open the electic bill when it comes at the end of the month.

06-07-2015, 07:04 PM
(06-07-2015 11:34 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  The grocery store better have my cake tonight, dammit! Hobo And it'd damn well better have a generous amount of icing on it, too! Sleepy

The store had cake. Big Grin Y'all must have prayed for me. Wink

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
06-07-2015, 07:13 PM
Re: RE: Ranting corner
(06-07-2015 07:04 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 11:34 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  The grocery store better have my cake tonight, dammit! Hobo And it'd damn well better have a generous amount of icing on it, too! Sleepy

Or our collective positive thoughts created a positive energy wave that vomited itself upon the bakery staff.
Cool

[+] 5 users Like mecanna's post
06-07-2015, 07:20 PM

Lit candles to the god of cake. Tongue

Catholics are all about lighting candles for stuff...guess the idea stuck with me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-07-2015, 07:38 PM

Was the icing generous? That's what I prayed for. Angel

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post