Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-07-2015, 06:15 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(09-07-2015 06:06 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Day three of kidney stone hell. Woke me up at 4 am as it was on the move again. I am queasy from the pain and the meds.

So ready for this damn thing to pass.

Didn't hear a word from my doctor...that seals it, she doesn't give a shit about me. I need to find a new doc.

I am not sure of I will ever get my muscles to unclench. My whole body is tense and sore.

If there was a hell it would be perpetual kidney stones. Censored

Sadcryface2

Hug

Thinking of you Anjele. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-07-2015, 07:21 AM
(09-07-2015 06:06 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Day three of kidney stone hell. Woke me up at 4 am as it was on the move again. I am queasy from the pain and the meds.

Didn't hear a word from my doctor...that seals it, she doesn't give a shit about me. I need to find a new doc.

I am not sure of I will ever get my muscles to unclench. My whole body is tense and sore.

... I'll go now...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
09-07-2015, 08:01 AM
So instead of having til the end of the month, somehow last night was the deadline for my annual glucometer competency testing. Tomorrow is the deadline for my respirator fit testing (which I was notified of YESTERDAY) - however today and yesterday are the only days for holding the testing. Tomorrow is the deadline for completing my online competencies - several hours worth. And I found out last night that if I *don't* complete these by tomorrow, I won't get my raise.

I wanted to go for a run, instead I'll be clocking in super early just to do stupid tests - already completed the damn glucometer check off, TB test (which I'll have to come in on my weekend to get read by an NP) and the fit test, so at least I have those two down. My arm still hurts - the nurse apparently didn't grasp the concept of intradermal in nursing school. I used hot dogs for practice - I can make blebs like a fucking champ. She left no bleb - just made me bleed and left me fucking bruised.

Sitting at the pharmacy now - I arrived three minutes after it opened and was told it will be a 20 minute wait. Yay.

I'm ready to go home. Whine whine whine.

I hate joint commission. Tons of wasted fucking hours and resources to meet so many bullshit requirements. If they don't remind me of HIPPA multiple times a year, I might forget to keep my mouth shut if I ever have Taylor Swift as a patient. Rolleyes

Although I learned that since I have identified myself as an employee of my hospital on Facebook (social media) that I'm supposed to have a disclaimer about how my views do not reflect the views of my hospital. I don't talk about work on Facebook - I bitch about nursing issues here where I haven't identified my workplace. But just so we're clear - my views I express here don't represent any entity or anyone but me tired and irritated as fuck over bullshit wastes of my time.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
09-07-2015, 08:30 AM
(09-07-2015 08:01 AM)Nurse Wrote:  So instead of having til the end of the month, somehow last night was the deadline for my annual glucometer competency testing. Tomorrow is the deadline for my respirator fit testing (which I was notified of YESTERDAY) - however today and yesterday are the only days for holding the testing. Tomorrow is the deadline for completing my online competencies - several hours worth. And I found out last night that if I *don't* complete these by tomorrow, I won't get my raise.

... Ah yes, the sweet sound of HR fuckups...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Well I am happy to report my girly bits have survived.

I also got the license plates for my new car.

Anjele I hope your stone passes quickly. Smile

Now, if I make it through the next couple days without getting into more trouble -- I'll be quite happy.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-07-2015, 02:46 PM

Aw geez Anjele. I can't imagine. Should you go to the hospital?

HugHug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-07-2015, 02:58 PM
Going in tomorrow, Friday, for my Septoplasty. Uuuuugh. I wouldn't do this unless I really had to. My septum is sooo deviated it's crazy. It's 80 degrees over to my left side and I have almost constant sinus infections. So they're gonna knock me out, dig up into my nose Shocking and straighten out my septum.

There's an old saying " Well, it's better than a lit cigar up your nose". Gasp That'll be my exit line when the anesthesiologist begins the drip line.

Wish me luck.

[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
09-07-2015, 03:01 PM
(09-07-2015 02:58 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Going in tomorrow, Friday, for my Septoplasty. Uuuuugh. I wouldn't do this unless I really had to. My septum is sooo deviated it's crazy. It's 80 degrees over to my left side and I have almost constant sinus infections. So they're gonna knock me out, dig up into my nose Shocking and straighten out my septum.

There's an old saying " Well, it's better than a lit cigar up your nose". Gasp That'll be my exit line when the anesthesiologist begins the drip line.

Wish me luck.
Well better to get knocked out than knocked up. Good luck.

*hugs*
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
09-07-2015, 03:06 PM
(09-07-2015 02:46 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Aw geez Anjele. I can't imagine. Should you go to the hospital?

HugHug

I think I am going to be heading back to the ER as I can barely breathe. This is bad...really bad.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
09-07-2015, 03:07 PM
(09-07-2015 03:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 02:46 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Aw geez Anjele. I can't imagine. Should you go to the hospital?

HugHug

I think I am going to be heading back to the ER as I can barely breathe. This is bad...really bad.

Do you have someone to drive you??

Take super care of yourself. Heart

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post