Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-10-2012, 08:19 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(18-10-2012 08:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-10-2012 08:07 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Laughat
I see what you did there.

... actually it was unintentional. Ohmy Wow. I get this occasionally - I say something and people fall about laughing and then I have to suffer the humiliation of having *my own joke* explained to me Tongue

You haven't got any Dutch blood in you by any chance?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2012, 10:23 AM
(18-10-2012 08:19 AM)DLJ Wrote:  You haven't got any Dutch blood in you by any chance?

er... no ? But I like Afrikaners Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-10-2012, 11:20 AM
(18-10-2012 10:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-10-2012 08:19 AM)DLJ Wrote:  You haven't got any Dutch blood in you by any chance?

er... no ? But I like Afrikaners Smile

For lunch or dinner?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-10-2012, 12:09 PM
(18-10-2012 11:20 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-10-2012 10:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  er... no ? But I like Afrikaners Smile

For lunch or dinner?

Yes
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-10-2012, 04:09 AM
So my flatmates are having a "party".
I have locked myself in my room, well when I say locked there's not lock on the door.
Which in lays the problem.
My room is by the bathroom... people keep opening my door going "opps" and closing it, it's starting to piss me off.

[Image: oscar.png]
19-10-2012, 04:36 AM
(19-10-2012 04:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So my flatmates are having a "party".
I have locked myself in my room, well when I say locked there's not lock on the door.
Which in lays the problem.
My room is by the bathroom... people keep opening my door going "opps" and closing it, it's starting to piss me off.

There are three ways to change behaviour:
1) Policy
2) Creating hoops (to jump through)
3) Pricing.

So I recommend:
first, put a "no entry" sign on the door,
second, barricade the door
third, charge an entrance fee.

You could even get creative with a tiered pricing structure and go from the cheap (nominal fee for opening the door and saying "oops") to expensive (premium rate for allowing them to piss on your bed).

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-10-2012, 04:58 AM
Consider

Nah, Inland Revenue would be all over my ass (tax department).

Just easier to wedge a bit of cardboard under the door.

19-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Erx, you seem to get enjoyment out of my suffering so I think you shall get a kick out of this you sick fuck.

So, my flatmate is moving out (yay). And he asked me if I'd help him move his double bed outside ready to be put on the trailer his parents are going to be here with.
I say sure.
If you wonder why I hate people, read on.
All good, bit of a hassle but done and dusted right? Wrong.
"Hey Muffs, can you give us a hand to put it onto the trailer?"
I say sure..
Bit more of a hassle later and it's on the trailer. Oh there's a bookshelf as well, and a mattress.

Done, dusted, they can go now right? Wrong.
"Hey Muffs, can you come give us a hand at the other end unload the trailer?"
Not really wanting too I say sure, I guess, I needed to ride across town anyway... (I didn't)

We get there. Nobody mentioned it's on a fucking steep ass hill.. So I turn around and as I'm turning around to park my bike (I followed on my bike) I almost drop my fucking bike.. My 150kg, $9,000 bike got very very close to hitting some pavement... Not happy.
"So where does this need to go?"
"Oh, just up the side of that house up a very narrow, very slipper, very steep flight of stairs 3 stores up...

FML!!!

So, after three trips of that I get a "thanks" and they drive off.

Now here's the worst bit. Oh yes, it gets worst. I parked my bike, front facing down the hill. I got new jeans yesterday because my pants like I said before were too short and kept coming down.
I COULDN'T GET ON MY FUCKING BIKE!
I couldn't physically lift my leg high enough because of the new jeans to get over my bike. I was fucking stuck there in the middle of the street as people were walking past trying to get my fucking leg over my bike for like 10 fucking minutes.
Eventually, and very painfully, I finally got it over. My other leg half an hour later hurts still like a motherfucker!

Alllllll this effort for a "thanks"...

And you people wonder why i fucking hate people?

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
19-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Ranting corner
(19-10-2012 09:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Erx, you seem to get enjoyment out of my suffering so I think you shall get a kick out of this you sick fuck.

So, my flatmate is moving out (yay). And he asked me if I'd help him move his double bed outside ready to be put on the trailer his parents are going to be here with.
I say sure.
If you wonder why I hate people, read on.
All good, bit of a hassle but done and dusted right? Wrong.
"Hey Muffs, can you give us a hand to put it onto the trailer?"
I say sure..
Bit more of a hassle later and it's on the trailer. Oh there's a bookshelf as well, and a mattress.

Done, dusted, they can go now right? Wrong.
"Hey Muffs, can you come give us a hand at the other end unload the trailer?"
Not really wanting too I say sure, I guess, I needed to ride across town anyway... (I didn't)

We get there. Nobody mentioned it's on a fucking steep ass hill.. So I turn around and as I'm turning around to park my bike (I followed on my bike) I almost drop my fucking bike.. My 150kg, $9,000 bike got very very close to hitting some pavement... Not happy.
"So where does this need to go?"
"Oh, just up the side of that house up a very narrow, very slipper, very steep flight of stairs 3 stores up...

FML!!!

So, after three trips of that I get a "thanks" and they drive off.

Now here's the worst bit. Oh yes, it gets worst. I parked my bike, front facing down the hill. I got new jeans yesterday because my pants like I said before were too short and kept coming down.
I COULDN'T GET ON MY FUCKING BIKE!
I couldn't physically lift my leg high enough because of the new jeans to get over my bike. I was fucking stuck there in the middle of the street as people were walking past trying to get my fucking leg over my bike for like 10 fucking minutes.
Eventually, and very painfully, I finally got it over. My other leg half an hour later hurts still like a motherfucker!

Alllllll this effort for a "thanks"...

And you people wonder why i fucking hate people?

Bwah hahahahahaha! Evil_monster

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Trust me to get on a bus filled with rangers supporters. When they have a home game. And the bus passes their stadium. Its gonna take ages to get into town and even longer to get back because of traffic.

On the upside my decision not to wear a celtic tshirt turned out to be a good one as it means i wont be on the receiving end of a kicking. Every cloud eh Big Grin

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post