Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
10-07-2015, 04:18 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(10-07-2015 03:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Got back about an hour ago from having my septoplasty. I feel like something the cat dragged in and then the cat shoved cigars up my nose just for the hell of it. I on pain meds and antibiotics so I might not be to coherent. Did I spell that right? I think so.

The hardest part is the thingy they stick down your throat during the operation to help you breath? I can't sleep the operation off because of coughing every so often.

I have gauze under my nose to catch the bleeding. It's such fun. I look like hell and feel kinda shitty.

I'm propped up with a wedge and several pillows.

I sure hope to hell this helps my constant sinus infections.

Glad to have an update from you. You will have a few less than pleasant days but then should start feeling better.

My husband still talks about having to change the bandaging and the gauze from my nose. He doesn't realize his was the easy part.

Hope you feel better soon. I think I am going to live, finally, hope you feel the same way soon. Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-07-2015, 05:37 PM
(10-07-2015 04:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 03:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Got back about an hour ago from having my septoplasty. I feel like something the cat dragged in and then the cat shoved cigars up my nose just for the hell of it. I on pain meds and antibiotics so I might not be to coherent. Did I spell that right? I think so.

The hardest part is the thingy they stick down your throat during the operation to help you breath? I can't sleep the operation off because of coughing every so often.

I have gauze under my nose to catch the bleeding. It's such fun. I look like hell and feel kinda shitty.

I'm propped up with a wedge and several pillows.

I sure hope to hell this helps my constant sinus infections.

Glad to have an update from you. You will have a few less than pleasant days but then should start feeling better.

My husband still talks about having to change the bandaging and the gauze from my nose. He doesn't realize his was the easy part.

Hope you feel better soon. I think I am going to live, finally, hope you feel the same way soon. Heart

I think women are more stoical about pain. When my brother-in-law passed a kidney stone he went to the hospital and refused to leave until the stone passed. Of course, with men the stone has to travel down the penis and (tee hee) apparently my BIL was very well endowed.

That must be the one and only time a guy wants a small dick.

Glad your better. Heart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-07-2015, 06:02 PM
(10-07-2015 05:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 04:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Glad to have an update from you. You will have a few less than pleasant days but then should start feeling better.

I think women are more stoical about pain. When my brother-in-law passed a kidney stone he went to the hospital and refused to leave until the stone passed. Of course, with men the stone has to travel down the penis and (tee hee) apparently my BIL was very well endowed.

That must be the one and only time a guy wants a small dick.

Glad your better. Heart

I swear if I hear once more how much tougher it is for men to pass a stone than it is for a woman my head will explode.

I have had a child with an episiotomy with no anesthesia and it was a cakewalk compared to passing kidney stones. I have to say the pain was worse than the mastectomies - the plus being that the pain subsided more quickly - if you count three damn days of excruciating pain easy. It was the nerve damage after the mastectomies that nearly did me in.

The nurse at the ER told me she has had men in tears over stones half the size of what I had. I didn't shed one actual tear.

Weaker sex my ass.

That precious penis must be a real burden since it's so delicate. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
10-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Can't embed this one...

Al Swearingen passing a kidney stone

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
10-07-2015, 06:20 PM
(10-07-2015 06:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That precious penis must be a real burden since it's so delicate. Dodgy

Thank you for your sympathy and kind understanding. Yes

Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2015, 06:28 PM
(10-07-2015 06:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 06:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That precious penis must be a real burden since it's so delicate. Dodgy

Thank you for your sympathy and kind understanding. Yes

Big Grin

No problem...really, in all sincerity, no problem. Dodgy

10-07-2015, 06:32 PM
(10-07-2015 06:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 06:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  Thank you for your sympathy and kind understanding. Yes

Big Grin

No problem...really, in all sincerity, no problem. Dodgy

You're a peach. Heart

Wait ... Consider

Hmmmm...Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2015, 06:57 PM
For your information, did you know that on 7 March 1665 Samuel Pepys (the diarist) passed a kidney stone?

Undecided

I'm on painkillers with nothing else to do but look up stupid information.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-07-2015, 09:56 PM
Broke up with my asshole bf AGAIN. At some point, I need to just get the fuck out instead of continuing to put myself in this situation.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
10-07-2015, 10:06 PM
(10-07-2015 09:56 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Broke up with my asshole bf AGAIN. At some point, I need to just get the fuck out instead of continuing to put myself in this situation.

Hug You deserve so much better

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post