Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-07-2015, 02:08 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(11-07-2015 02:06 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(11-07-2015 01:49 AM)Nurse Wrote:  What the fuck is that unholy abomination?

That would appear to be one centipede you don't particularly want to fuck with.

No

I'd rather come across a copperhead or a rattle snake. And that's saying something.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
11-07-2015, 02:20 AM
(11-07-2015 02:08 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(11-07-2015 02:06 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  That would appear to be one centipede you don't particularly want to fuck with.

No

I'd rather come across a copperhead or a rattle snake. And that's saying something.

To be fair, at least snakes aren't bisected... I don't like that about insects and arachnids; carapace is cool and all, but that sectioning rubs me the wrong way.

Anyway, just for fun let's go a little deeper on this bug, eh?

Apparently it is a subspecies of Scolopendra heros, the Giant Desert centipede. It ranges across the more deserty areas of Mexico and the Southern US.
It's bite isn't much to write home about, but apparently it in rare cases it can have effects ranging from dizziness and minor swelling, several days of pain, and localised tissue necrosis.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
11-07-2015, 02:26 AM
Oh. And speaking of Copperheads, I'm in a country music mood. Here's a classic for ya, Copperhead Road:

I need to find me some good shine...

Back to cleaning. Ugh. Wish I had it in me to take up a certain rich man's offer and let him pamper me. Then I wouldn't have to clean my place, I'd hire somebody else to do it.

I keep saying I'm not going to buy anymore clothes that aren't black every time I do laundry. Why can't I remember that when I go shopping?! But no - I've got my pink/red/orange load, neon yellow load, blue and green load, dark blues/black/purple/grey load, white load, turquoise towel load, brown towel load, and jeans

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
11-07-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm in recovery mode from my septoplasty operation. Yesterday my nose was bleeding like crazy and I had to change my nose diaper about every two hours.

Here's what a nose diaper looks like.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

I call it a "nose diaper' but that's my own made up terminology. It's actually closer to a kotex sanitary napkin that I have on my nose. And isn't THAT a fantastic thought

[Image: 6.jpg]

So my nose isn't bleeding like a big dog, but now it's becoming a mass of crusty blood up in there. Time for a saline nasal rinse. I'm really looking forward to some salt up my nose.

I've been on painkillers so I'm kinda loopy and dizzy. I'm quite the dizzy dame today. Hobo

I wonder if I could have that last piece of chocolate cake from my birthday two days ago.

Yes I can!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-07-2015, 11:16 AM
(11-07-2015 10:59 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm in recovery mode from my septoplasty operation. Yesterday my nose was bleeding like crazy and I had to change my nose diaper about every two hours.

I call it a "nose diaper' but that's my own made up terminology. It's actually closer to a kotex sanitary napkin that I have on my nose. And isn't THAT a fantastic thought

So my nose isn't bleeding like a big dog, but now it's becoming a mass of crusty blood up in there. Time for a saline nasal rinse. I'm really looking forward to some salt up my nose.

I've been on painkillers so I'm kinda loopy and dizzy. I'm quite the dizzy dame today. Hobo

I wonder if I could have that last piece of chocolate cake from my birthday two days ago.

Yes I can!

Chocolate cake makes everything better Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
11-07-2015, 11:19 AM
(11-07-2015 01:49 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(11-07-2015 12:51 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Least its not one of these

[Image: texas-redhead.jpg]

What the fuck is that unholy abomination?

Its called a Texas Redhead ,its a giant centipede. It eats snakes.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
11-07-2015, 11:51 AM
(11-07-2015 10:59 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm in recovery mode from my septoplasty operation. Yesterday my nose was bleeding like crazy and I had to change my nose diaper about every two hours.

Yes I can!

I've always referred to anything shoved up the nose as a "Rhino Rocket" - as in a nasal tampon. As in tamponade. Tampon is not just specific to ze vagina.

Clearly I'm not an otolaryngologist - I've just dealt with gnarly nose bleeds that won't stop, some requiring cocaine (not illegal btw, just controlled).

[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
11-07-2015, 12:33 PM
(11-07-2015 11:51 AM)Nurse Wrote:  

Yes I can!

I've always referred to anything shoved up the nose as a "Rhino Rocket" - as in a nasal tampon. As in tamponade. Tampon is not just specific to ze vagina.

Clearly I'm not an otolaryngologist - I've just dealt with gnarly nose bleeds that won't stop, some requiring cocaine (not illegal btw, just controlled).

I think the doc put some sutures in my nose but I'm not sure. I guess I need to phone up and ask. I didn't have any packing put up my nose except just after the surgery which they removed before I left the hospital. That was a fun experience. FUCKIN OUCH!

The doctor was great though. She used a tiny camera to see what was going on so she had more control over the situation. Apparently some doctors haven't advanced to that technology but it makes a difference in the outcome. I was lucky to find this Doc.

My septum was 80 degrees over to my left side and my balance was totally off which is probably why I fell down the stairs 5 months ago and broke my ankle.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
11-07-2015, 12:37 PM
(11-07-2015 12:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(11-07-2015 11:51 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I've always referred to anything shoved up the nose as a "Rhino Rocket" - as in a nasal tampon. As in tamponade. Tampon is not just specific to ze vagina.

I think the doc put some sutures in my nose but I'm not sure. I guess I need to phone up and ask. I didn't have any packing put up my nose except just after the surgery which they removed before I left the hospital. That was a fun experience. FUCKIN OUCH!

The doctor was great though. She used a tiny camera to see what was going on so she had more control over the situation. Apparently some doctors haven't advanced to that technology but it makes a difference in the outcome. I was lucky to find this Doc.

My septum was 80 degrees over to my left side and my balance was totally off which is probably why I fell down the stairs 5 months ago and broke my ankle.

They had enough crap packed in my nose and sinuses that you could have stuffed a pillow with it...and it was in for nearly a week...perhaps the methods have improved.

Hope you feel better real soon.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
11-07-2015, 12:45 PM
(11-07-2015 12:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(11-07-2015 11:51 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I've always referred to anything shoved up the nose as a "Rhino Rocket" - as in a nasal tampon. As in tamponade. Tampon is not just specific to ze vagina.

Oh my Jesus that sucks.

My best friend in high school had a lot of sinus troubles. She said the packing being removed after her surgery was the worst pain she'd ever experienced and was quite pissed she was conscious for it. She had an immune deficiency which required her to receive IVIG.

The doc you see really does make a difference. Someone who keeps up with current technology, IMHO that's someone that gives a damn. Just 'cause you graduated from med school doesn't mean you have your patients' best interests at heart and doesn't mean you you know your shit. Burnout happens in all fields.

Advancements in technology and medicine are ever changing - if you can't keep up, time to retire or change professions.

One of the beauties of nursing - tons of fields. I went from home health to emergency (which burned me out) to cardiac (which I could probably do another ten or more years before burning out).