Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-07-2015, 10:23 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(16-07-2015 10:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  What is with the influx of soul-savers here lately?

FFS it isn't even Lent or Advent. It's not even a full moon.

Isn't this supposed to be a bit of a safe haven from the preaching and god loves you - you're going to hell types?

Facepalm

It's summertime ... bored schoolkids. We used to get waves of them this time of year back at TAF.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2015, 10:25 AM
(17-07-2015 09:14 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I have a theory - the assholes who "designed" Nashville's interstate system were either 3 year olds learning to doodle or engineering students from UT tripping on shrooms.

An alternative theory is that they were students of the designers of Boston's highways. Dodgy

For example, I-93 North is the same road as I-95 South. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-07-2015, 10:31 AM
(17-07-2015 09:14 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I have a theory - the assholes who "designed" Nashville's interstate system were either 3 year olds learning to doodle or engineering students from UT tripping on shrooms.

Both Nashville and Memphis were places where the Corps of Engineers tested out different entrance/exit ramp configurations, is what I've heard.
17-07-2015, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2015 12:09 PM by Grasshopper.)
(16-07-2015 10:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  So my 87 year old dad goes to hospital with pneumonia, they send him home and on the same day he falls and breaks his rib and ends up back in hospital! ???

Weird shit happens. Tony Williams (as a drummer, I suspect you've heard of him) went into the hospital for a gall bladder operation or something like that, survived the operation, and then died of a heart attack as he was checking out of the hospital. I had just attended a drum clinic given by him a month or two earlier (no, I'm not a drummer -- just wanted to see him play!).

EDIT: Re-reading this after reading the responses of others, it seems a bit inappropriately "light" for the situation. Like everyone else, I do hope your dad is OK!
17-07-2015, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2015 03:04 PM by Grasshopper.)
(16-07-2015 01:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I hate angry birds.

As Dave Barry would say: "That would be a great name for a rock band!" -- especially a punk rock band. We already have the Angry Samoans.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
17-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Free Thought how are you feeling today?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-07-2015, 04:43 PM
(17-07-2015 03:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Free Thought how are you feeling today?

No better than yesterday, I'm afraid... But at least I managed to get more than 2 hours sleep.

On the bright-side, this is certainly a novel experience for me.
It feels weird to swallow a thing and have only one side of my face and throat hurt from it...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-07-2015, 05:19 PM
(17-07-2015 12:03 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 01:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I hate angry birds.

As Dave Barry would say: "That would be a great name for a rock band!" -- especially a punk rock band. We already have the Angry Samoans.

Gotta be a female British band.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
18-07-2015, 12:51 PM
(17-07-2015 04:43 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 03:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Free Thought how are you feeling today?

No better than yesterday, I'm afraid... But at least I managed to get more than 2 hours sleep.

On the bright-side, this is certainly a novel experience for me.
It feels weird to swallow a thing and have only one side of my face and throat hurt from it...

Hug

Really hope you're feeling better soon.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-07-2015, 10:09 PM
Got work. Nuff said.

[Image: oscar.png]