Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-07-2015, 07:49 AM
RE: Ranting corner
There was a Taylor Swift concert here in Chicago last night and I missed it Sadcryface I have got to start paying more attention to concerts so I'm not upset when one comes to town and I can't go.

In other news, I got some nerdy shirts from the planetarium. Shirt one - "Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving" - Albert Einstein. Super cute it's in grey, light grey, and sky blue. Shirt two - "We are all made of stars" - it's navy, has stars and sparkles on it. I wanted to get "Come to the dork side, we have pi" - but it wasn't in my size. So instead I got a memorial cup for Pluto's planetary status. When we get back to Indiana, we're going to take a nerdy shirt picture. My aunt got the same Einstein shirt, my son has a Minions shirt that spells out a Genius with the elements, and I'll wear the stars shirt.

My son is soooo into science right now. Super cute. His dad has trouble with science and math - so glad he got my brain - is not going to take much to get him freethinking Big Grin

Yesterday was the aquarium and Adler Planetarium. Today will include the science museum. I knew my super smart grandmother was heavily involved in the early days of NASA, I didn't know my grandfather was - apparently he did coding for the computers. My aunt is a science teacher (and my uncles owned a video game and computer store in the 80s/90s), btw. Nerd genes run deep in this family. Somehow *I* turned out normal Laughat

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
20-07-2015, 08:31 AM
Good. Good! Let the nerd flow through you...

Your brain has made you powerful.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
20-07-2015, 12:09 PM
(20-07-2015 07:49 AM)Nurse Wrote:  There was a Taylor Swift concert here in Chicago last night and I missed it Sadcryface I have got to start paying more attention to concerts so I'm not upset when one comes to town and I can't go.

In other news, I got some nerdy shirts from the planetarium. Shirt one - "Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving" - Albert Einstein. Super cute it's in grey, light grey, and sky blue. Shirt two - "We are all made of stars" - it's navy, has stars and sparkles on it. I wanted to get "Come to the dork side, we have pi" - but it wasn't in my size. So instead I got a memorial cup for Pluto's planetary status. When we get back to Indiana, we're going to take a nerdy shirt picture. My aunt got the same Einstein shirt, my son has a Minions shirt that spells out a Genius with the elements, and I'll wear the stars shirt.

My son is soooo into science right now. Super cute. His dad has trouble with science and math - so glad he got my brain - is not going to take much to get him freethinking Big Grin

Yesterday was the aquarium and Adler Planetarium. Today will include the science museum. I knew my super smart grandmother was heavily involved in the early days of NASA, I didn't know my grandfather was - apparently he did coding for the computers. My aunt is a science teacher (and my uncles owned a video game and computer store in the 80s/90s), btw. Nerd genes run deep in this family. Somehow *I* turned out normal Laughat

You're in Chicago? That's not too far from here (Madison, WI)! I had a chance to go to a Shania Twain concert in Chicago once (it was a free concert, and I had tickets), and ended up not going because we didn't feel like driving down there, hassling with parking, etc. I do have a DVD of that very concert, though! Shania Twain was sort of like the Taylor Swift of her day -- a country artist who veered into popular music. I like them both.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
20-07-2015, 01:02 PM
It's bad enough the store was loaded with old people today, the retirement home dropped them off....

But....

Someone stole the Klondike bars out of my shopping cart. Angry

I noticed it when I got to the checkout. They were the second to last thing I added to my cart, before checking out.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-07-2015, 01:13 PM
(20-07-2015 01:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's bad enough the store was loaded with old people today, the retirement home dropped them off....

But....

Someone stole the Klondike bars out of my shopping cart. Angry

I noticed it when I got to the checkout. They were the second to last thing I added to my cart, before checking out.

Apparently theft is what they would do for a Klondike bar.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 5 users Like JDog554's post
20-07-2015, 01:18 PM
(20-07-2015 01:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Apparently theft is what they would do for a Klondike bar.

Damnit, you beat me to it!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-07-2015, 06:01 PM
If you're gonna harp on about and make a fuss about me going down at 5:55 because you don't want me starting at 6:01 but 6:00 instead (when it doesn't take 5minutes to walk down some fucking stairs, it takes 10 fucking seconds...) and turn around and make us finish work anywhere between 1:14 - 1:27 when we finish at 1 than you are a fucking bitch. That was the last fucking straw.

1 o'clock comes around last night and I couldn't be out that door fast enough. I was home at 1:17, it was beautiful.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
21-07-2015, 07:59 AM
I need a fucking day off. Worked all last week. Went clubbing/shopping/getting lost in Auckland over the weekend only to come back and have work Monday and Tuesday. Now I got a 9hour shift on Wednesday (today), 8 hour on Thursday, 8 hour on Friday, 10 hour on Saturday. My legs are fucking killing me, feel like I haven't had a day off in like 2 weeks.

Correction, I just want two fucking days off in a row.

ps: Oh great, just checked my roster, I'm working Sunday too. So that means it's been Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Walking all day around Auckland Saturday, Clubbing and more walking around Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, (today) Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, DAY OFF!!!

So not today but next Wednesday. Just great... I FUCKING HATE THIS JOB!
21-07-2015, 08:28 AM
[Image: 58452315.jpg]

21-07-2015, 10:16 AM
Muffs, just wanted to let you know I thought about you yesterday:

[Image: A218D335-6F9C-4952-8C4C-F75FFA9F749A_zps6dbxsvoc.jpg]

[Image: 19FC2DF3-5973-46B9-8C7F-A3FD6EEFECEE_zps7z0makqw.jpg]

Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post