Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-07-2015, 03:35 PM
RE: Ranting corner
My rant is simply about the jello that is religion, specifically christianity.

For shits and giggles I checked out the Jesus Seminar home page from Westar Institute today. Up for debate now? "What does the NT REALLY say about homosexuality" --Apparently this is going to be argued out in upcoming events (not that this is a NEW debate by any means).

But what pisses me off the most is that here we have religious based 'laws' on homosexuality that are so out of touch with the common era of society (and disproved by nature) that religion is attempting to figure out a way to squirm out of it's grasp from the bible. This is why religion will probably never die. It will merely morph and become something new to catch up with society. Fuck me. It is utterly preposterous because you know for god damn sure that in 50 years pastors will be gloating about how christianity was on the forefront of ushering in the equal treatment and acceptance of the LGBT community.

Balls. What a crock of shit. Their actions aren't shitty because they should have been accepting this a long time ago. But the reasons behind the actions are purely motivated by politics, diminishing perishes and congregations, and a grasp on people that is quickly slipping away. So fuck you christianity, if I may say so...a big fat fuck you!
Gasp

**Crickets** -- God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
23-07-2015, 03:42 PM
(22-07-2015 11:25 PM)kim Wrote:  Well, great. Cat/giant screen TV/house sitting. I don't have tv so it's kind of a treat to get off work and have a couple of hours of mindless crap.

For 4 days I get a ton of WWII so, I'm all over that - I love nothing more than a full on Hitler fix every night. So I'm looking foreward to some Adolf action tonight and what do I get? Fucking Mafia? Seriously? No comparison! Fuck this! I'm going with Forensic Files - at least I'll get some real psychopathic murderers and not just wise guys doing a job.
When I want murder in the middle of tbe night, in a strange house ... I better get it the way I want it. Shy
. . .some Adolf action tonight. . . you dirty, dirty, no I can't do it. It's just too much.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
24-07-2015, 03:24 AM
Almost 300 hours on Tera..... It's 5:30 in the morning..... I have to go to work.....

[hates self]
24-07-2015, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2015 08:17 PM by HappyTiger.)
Dear Mr. Self-Righteous Religious Guy I Met Once In College, I am blocking your fb posts because I think fb hates me and keeps letting you post stupid ass religious statuses. No, god didn't wake you up this morning. Your alarm clock did. If you're going to pray to something, pray to your clock, fuck nuts.

“[Science] works! Planes fly. Cars drive. Computers compute. If you base medicine on science, you cure people. If you base the design of planes on science, they fly. If you base the design of rockets on science, they reach the moon. It works...bitches.” - Richie D Da Illest
24-07-2015, 01:11 PM
10 hours of standing still on security. The joy in my life never stops.

[Image: 1407225932091_wps_6_SANTA_MONICA_CA_AUGUST_04.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
24-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Poor earmuffs is grumpy.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Ugh. Still hungover. I haven't turned yellow yet. So there's that. At least I could never be an alcoholic - my hangovers are a great deterrent.

I had to call out last night. Working the next five. Joy.

It's times like these I wish pot were legal. I coulda just gotten stoned outta my fucking gourd on my anniversary instead of drinking. Still can't figure out why I was so upset. He's not the man I want, anyway. Granted, can't have the one I do want. But that's hardly the reason I drank like a fish. I swear it's like I have the emotional IQ of a three year old. Back to finding a song to help me figure this out...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
24-07-2015, 01:55 PM
(24-07-2015 01:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Poor earmuffs is grumpy.

In other news, the pope remains Catholic and Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.
Drinking Beverage

fucking earmuffs

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 8 users Like unfogged's post
24-07-2015, 02:05 PM
(24-07-2015 01:54 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Ugh. Still hungover. I haven't turned yellow yet. So there's that. At least I could never be an alcoholic - my hangovers are a great deterrent.

I never let that stop me. Big Grin

The secret is to keep drinking; voilà - no hangover. Thumbsup

Quote:I had to call out last night. Working the next five. Joy.

It's times like these I wish pot were legal. I coulda just gotten stoned outta my fucking gourd on my anniversary instead of drinking. Still can't figure out why I was so upset. He's not the man I want, anyway. Granted, can't have the one I do want. But that's hardly the reason I drank like a fish. I swear it's like I have the emotional IQ of a three year old. Back to finding a song to help me figure this out...

Pot not legal? I never let that stop me. Big Grin

Can't have the one you currently think you want. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
24-07-2015, 02:47 PM
(24-07-2015 02:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Can't have the one you currently think you want. Consider

Consider well that's a fair point. Will just take some time and another distraction to cross my path, I suppose.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman