Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-07-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(24-07-2015 06:54 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Fuck today.

I'm tired from not getting much sleep last night. My painkillers aren't doing anything. My stomach can't decide if I'm hungry or want to throw up. I'm both too hot and too cold and keep having bouts of shivering out of nowhere.

And my cats keep antagonising each other!

I'm sorry. Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2015, 01:59 AM
I think I found the issue with work. It's night shift.

Put it this way, I do 7-9 hours of nightshift and I fucking hate every minute and wanna blow my brains out and can't wait to leave. I just did 10 hours security during the day and stayed an extra 30minutes (when I could have left) helping search through old footage and another 30minutes talking to work colleagues and still felt like I could have done another 10hour shift back to back. It's just nights. I fucking hate working nights, but all the day shifts I've worked I haven't had a problem the times flew past and it felt easy and quick.
Need to get transferred I suspect.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-07-2015, 02:25 AM
Nights are tough for humans - it's our circadian rhythm - we are daytime creatures.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
25-07-2015, 02:34 AM
(25-07-2015 02:25 AM)kim Wrote:  Nights are tough for humans - it's our circadian rhythm - we are daytime creatures.

I've learned to adapt lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
25-07-2015, 03:57 AM
Turns out the parents decided to work together somewhat for once and decided for me that I be taken to the hospital. Now I'm just sitting here, waiting for triage to get through everybody with real problems so that I may waste a doctor's time.
Somewhat amusingly, they had an old National Geographic here. Twas buried under a few Christian bullshit mags; The Journal of Christian Science, and an issue of a sub-mag from the same group called The Christian Sentinel.
No, I am not reading them.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-07-2015, 06:08 AM
(25-07-2015 02:25 AM)kim Wrote:  Nights are tough for humans - it's our circadian rhythm - we are daytime creatures.

I think it's more just that when I work nights I wake up at 10-11, I than have 5-6 hours before work. In that time I'm riding my bike, playing video games, bitching about the fact I have work or whatever. So energy is being used and when work comes along it's in the evening, I'm semi-tired and mostly just can't be fucked. Where as when I work days I wake up, go to work and all my energy is spent at work on work and when the evening comes I finish work and I can go home and just play video games or watch movies/tv or go to sleep or whatever.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-07-2015, 06:47 AM
(25-07-2015 03:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Turns out the parents decided to work together somewhat for once and decided for me that I be taken to the hospital. Now I'm just sitting here, waiting for triage to get through everybody with real problems so that I may waste a doctor's time.
Somewhat amusingly, they had an old National Geographic here. Twas buried under a few Christian bullshit mags; The Journal of Christian Science, and an issue of a sub-mag from the same group called The Christian Sentinel.

Let us know how things go. Hope the doctors are able to get you feeling better soon. Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
25-07-2015, 09:24 AM
(25-07-2015 06:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

I think it's more just that when I work nights I wake up at 10-11, I than have 5-6 hours before work. In that time I'm riding my bike, playing video games, bitching about the fact I have work or whatever. So energy is being used and when work comes along it's in the evening, I'm semi-tired and mostly just can't be fucked. Where as when I work days I wake up, go to work and all my energy is spent at work on work and when the evening comes I finish work and I can go home and just play video games or watch movies/tv or go to sleep or whatever.

Right - people who become used to working at night, very often do sleep the entire day and wake up only when it's time to shower & head to work. They've altered their wake/sleep patterns and are very sharp at work. Their personal interests generally take a back seat to work, time wise.

You & I currently keep similar hours, Muff Muff. I begin work at 6pm and last night, didn't get in until 3am. My question is: what the fuck am I doing awake at 8 am?!

A few years ago, I dropped all my work to "part time" - I was tired of sacrificing my personal time. For the past month, I've been helping out other positions parallel to my shift and my hours have been nearly doubled. My regular wake up time is 8am but this past month's schedule is tempory so, I won't bother to alter it - last night was my last bit. I hope. Dodgy

If I were to go to a full time position (no fucking way), I would probably insist it be during daylight hours... that is, if I gave half a shit about "work". Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
25-07-2015, 09:36 AM
Seriously, Tropicana et al.?

59 oz. that looks like the previous 64 oz. carton and 89 oz. that looks like the previous 96 oz. bottle?
I notice that you didn't draw attention to it. Consider You could have added "New! Improved! Easier to carry!"

Is it any wonder that people think corporate America, especially marketing, is full of slimeball assholes?

Pro tip: People think that because it's true.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-07-2015, 11:36 AM
(25-07-2015 03:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Turns out the parents decided to work together somewhat for once and decided for me that I be taken to the hospital. Now I'm just sitting here, waiting for triage to get through everybody with real problems so that I may waste a doctor's time.

Keep us posted. Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces